The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The people that complain about Luke being too strong are kinda missing the point. The entire theme of the show is that Luke is bulletproof but the people he's around aren't.

It's why he limits his connections, doesn't use his real name, and why he never wanted to get involved.

Luke can't be handled in straight conflict (By these villains) so they create tension by keeping the people around Luke in constant peril.
Yeah but the show really needed Luke to face some serious adversity "physically" which is why diamonback was a good thing...

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Finished the show last night. Gotta say, Cottonmouth was the best character on there. Mahershala Ali did a damn good job with that character. I actually grew to like Shades and Misty, Claire was dope too. I'm not a big fan of Diamonback but I'd be lying if I said he wasnt a damn good character too.

Luke and Claire need to get coffee :wow:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope. Was dope to me:yeshrug:
you can enjoy it and admit mike cant act. all of his fight scenes were ass, and he sucks @ conveying emotions. the fact that his wife is a netflix exec doesn't escape me either.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just started it.

I like it a lot so far.

A few things-

-There's no place in Harlem like that club, and it's a damn shame. It looks awesome.
-The music is on point. Made me want to dig out my old Raphael Saddiq CDs.
-Not sure I'm feeling how they're doing the information dump for each character. It feels a little forced.
-I like this chemistry between Luke and Misty a lot. Looking forward to learning more about her.

I wanted to ask a few NYers was this an actual spot in the city. A spot like that here in LA would be:wow:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond

IrhFI3ap.gif

moli70

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ëüröpë
Loved the first half of the season, but then it completely fell apart after ep 7. Actually had a hard time finishing this. Last episodes were complete nonsense. And Misty has to be one of the worst police of all time.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
you can enjoy it and admit mike cant act. all of his fight scenes were ass, and he sucks @ conveying emotions. the fact that his wife is a netflix exec doesn't escape me either.
I thought he was dope myself, carried the role well. The dude playing Shades was the only low point in an otherwise excellent cast.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
about half way thru episode 4, this shyt is boring brehs. :francis: like its a chore to keep watching, I started about a month ago.....

the story telling feels disjointed