NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just started it.

I like it a lot so far.

A few things-

-There's no place in Harlem like that club, and it's a damn shame. It looks awesome.
-The music is on point. Made me want to dig out my old Raphael Saddiq CDs.
-Not sure I'm feeling how they're doing the information dump for each character. It feels a little forced.
-I like this chemistry between Luke and Misty a lot. Looking forward to learning more about her.

That gun fight was a bit of a surprise, especially who was in it. Those boys looked more innocent in the barbershop.:merchant:

Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth is pretty good. Not sure I buy that Black Mariah or Domingo would be seen publicly within him at a club, where they could be photographed together. Very risky for a politician. It's also another sign that some of this is a bit hamfisted. But hopefully this is just set up and there won't be much more than that.

Oh wow, there's sex? :whoo:ah damn, never mind. :skip:

Luke tried to get those digits and Misty said, 'I know where you work, I'll find you'. Nice. I like her.:obama:

Theo Rossi's in this? :pachaha:It's hard to take him seriously after his role on 'When the Bough Breaks'. He's one of those guys that never really looks tough no matter how hard he tries.

In order for black lives to matter, black history and black ownership has to be matter. Talk that shyt, Black Mariah!:blessed: I like her with her shady ass.

So the guy who played Suge Knight in Straight Outta Compton is Harlem Anti-Gentrification goon now? :heh:

I really do like this keep Harlem black theme they have going on, I wish there had been more vigilance like this in real Harlem before it turned.

Oh hell, it's on. Luke's about to lay hands? :ufdup:

"You like my Biggie photo? Me too." "No closed fist on women". This whole scene is :deadmanny:
Well it was...Oh shyt, Cottonmouth is savage. I can't watch. Oh my god....WTF?:gladbron::merchant::whoa:

Ha, "I barely talked to the guy, I just ordered drinks". :dead: Misty is a good liar. :lupe:

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the "Keep Harlem Black" crew using physical intimidation on non-blacks. Like that's not something to play with for this market. And now Luke sweeps in to :cape:for the Asian shop owners.:rudy: Eh...and now he's swearing protection for them. :camby: I don't like it or the message it sends.

I like it overall though so I'll check out the next episode.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Mike Coulter was "great"? I'd give him tolerable
He was better in the first 3 or 4 episodes , like when he was just chilling with pop or that scene in either the 2nd or 3rd episode where he's in front of Attucks and that guy sticks a gun on him. after than he was sorta bland to me.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
tumblr_of26lyPSFe1v3l2nto7_1280.jpg

tumblr_of26lyPSFe1v3l2nto6_1280.jpg

tumblr_of26lyPSFe1v3l2nto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_of26lyPSFe1v3l2nto3_1280.jpg

:noah:
SWEET CHRISTMAS :damn:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people that complain about Luke being too strong are kinda missing the point. The entire theme of the show is that Luke is bulletproof but the people he's around aren't.

It's why he limits his connections, doesn't use his real name, and why he never wanted to get involved.

Luke can't be handled in straight conflict (By these villains) so they create tension by keeping the people around Luke in constant peril.