The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Imma have to look up some of these guest appearances as well. The obvious ones are Meth, Fab 5, etc. But I felt like some of these people are semi-famous but I didn't know who they were.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Another P.S. The Stryker character felt weird because Luke Cage just felt like regular show. Like Avengers is a comic book movie. Winter Soldier, the Dark Knight series are comic book movies. But at the same that they felt like regular action movies. That's how Luke Cage felt to me. With the exception of Stryker. He was a straight up a typical villian which you might expect. But at the same time it wasn't that type of show.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
SPOILER:
His last scene caught me off guard though. Did not expect that and the possibility of his character in Season 2. He's gonna be nearly unstoppable. Though he'll now have the same weakness as Cage.

What weakness you talking about?? The Judas bullets?? If Judas bullets fukked up Luke, they would eviscerate a normal human like Stryker. If anything he'll just be stronger cause he already had the weakness to those bullets like everybody else.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What weakness you talking about?? The Judas bullets?? If Judas bullets fukked up Luke, they would eviscerate a normal human like Stryker. If anything he'll just be stronger cause he already had the weakness to those bullets like everybody else.
Yes, I'm talking about the Judas. I'm assuming that the crazy Doctor is going to make him like Cage with the way that it was ended. Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe Cage is just one of a kind and they got lucky. But I assumed that since they have the same father that they might have similar genes.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yes, I'm talking about the Judas. I'm assuming that the crazy Doctor is going to make him like Cage with the way that it was ended. Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe Cage is just one of a kind and they got lucky. But I assumed that since they have the same father that they might have similar genes.

yea but what I'm saying is Diamondback doesn't need to go through that procedure to gain that weakness to Judas bullets, they would fukk his black ass up regardless :heh:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Diamondback received some unnecessary hate due to him replacing Cottonmouth but dude wasn't really that smart with his plans. He'd have the ground work for a good idea and then ruin it himself. Even Shades (who was arguably the wackest character on the show) noticed it.

Like when they framed Luke for killing the cop. All he had to do was lay low while Mariah closed the deal to sell Judas bullets to police. Literally all he had to do, was nothing. Instead he had his goons shoot up a bunch of people and take them hostage when Luke showed up at the club. It's like....what? :what:

shyt made no sense whatsoever. Obviously Luke is going to help people, and any hostages that leave will spread the word. Diamondback's rationale of "well, he'll be dead so who cares" showed he'd throw logic out the window if it meant Luke Cage would die. That's not a good trait for a villain to have.

Cottonmouth didn't have a power suit but I guarantee if Diamondback gave him the Judas bullets he asked for he would've handled it 100x better. But like people said they wanted to go full comic route at some point so :manny:

Fred.
That wasn't because of Luke, Misty showed up and was going to arrest him. He shot her with a lot of witnesses then chose to turn it into a hostage situation and blame Luke in order to by time to kill the only people that would I.D. him as the shooter. You could argue he shouldn't have been there in the first place but for what happened he was making the best of a bad situation.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I think Diamondback received some unnecessary hate due to him replacing Cottonmouth but dude wasn't really that smart with his plans. He'd have the ground work for a good idea and then ruin it himself. Even Shades (who was arguably the wackest character on the show) noticed it.

Like when they framed Luke for killing the cop. All he had to do was lay low while Mariah closed the deal to sell Judas bullets to police. Literally all he had to do, was nothing. Instead he had his goons shoot up a bunch of people and take them hostage when Luke showed up at the club. It's like....what? :what:

shyt made no sense whatsoever. Obviously Luke is going to help people, and any hostages that leave will spread the word. Diamondback's rationale of "well, he'll be dead so who cares" showed he'd throw logic out the window if it meant Luke Cage would die. That's not a good trait for a villain to have.

Cottonmouth didn't have a power suit but I guarantee if Diamondback gave him the Judas bullets he asked for he would've handled it 100x better. But like people said they wanted to go full comic route at some point so :manny:

Fred.
He was driven by something personal. That can cloud judgment.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't because of Luke, Misty showed up and was going to arrest him. He shot her with a lot of witnesses then chose to turn it into a hostage situation and blame Luke in order to by time to kill the only people that would I.D. him as the shooter. You could argue he shouldn't have been there in the first place but for what happened he was making the best of a bad situation.

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying, lay low. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the club in the off chance someone could ID him from when he killed the cop....which is exactly what Misty did.

Fred.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying, lay low. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the club in the off chance someone could ID him from when he killed the cop....which is exactly what Misty did.

Fred.

I don't think he trusted Mariah and I'm sure he didn't trust Shades completely, so he may have felt hiding while they ran things was a good way to get stabbed in the back. They had recently set up a meeting without him to make a deal with Cottonmouth's buyers so I can't blame him for wanting to keep an eye on them.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he trusted Mariah and I'm sure he didn't trust Shades completely, so he may have felt hiding while they ran things was a good way to get stabbed in the back. They had recently set up a meeting without him to make a deal with Cottonmouth's buyers so I can't blame him for wanting to keep an eye on them.

That aside, him showing up at the barber shop in the last episode was retarded too. Best case scenario he kills Luke, which confirms there's someone out there that has the same abilities, and validates everything Misty has been saying....worst case scenario he loses, and they have his power suit, which proves Luke didn't kill the cop.

There is a few situations where he'd be better off not involving himself at all.

Fred.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Hopefully means they have bigger plans than him being a flunky

• Dap
Reactions: hex