Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Couple things.

Cottenmouth,

I really hate he had to die. I get why, and I don't like it. And I think why I don't like it, is more b/c of the actor who plays dude, he was sooo good.

Zip.

I thought Zip was going to make it. Lol, dude was such a snake, I thought he would make it. RIP Zip. Dude was great. :heh:

All in all I really enjoyed it. Netflix is absolutey killing it with these Marvel shows. Impressive.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Everything about this show has been trash up until the last three episodes.

Diamondback really brought the show back. The whole hostage sequence had me on the edge of my seat.

The method man freestyle and scene with everybody wearing hoodies with bullet holes had me feeling that black pride :wow:
Really was debating going out to the woods and shooting up my hoodie

Diamondback really had everybody shook.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything about this show has been trash up until the last three episodes.
XsX67LhO.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think Diamondback received some unnecessary hate due to him replacing Cottonmouth but dude wasn't really that smart with his plans. He'd have the ground work for a good idea and then ruin it himself. Even Shades (who was arguably the wackest character on the show) noticed it.

Like when they framed Luke for killing the cop. All he had to do was lay low while Mariah closed the deal to sell Judas bullets to police. Literally all he had to do, was nothing. Instead he had his goons shoot up a bunch of people and take them hostage when Luke showed up at the club. It's like....what? :what:

shyt made no sense whatsoever. Obviously Luke is going to help people, and any hostages that leave will spread the word. Diamondback's rationale of "well, he'll be dead so who cares" showed he'd throw logic out the window if it meant Luke Cage would die. That's not a good trait for a villain to have.

Cottonmouth didn't have a power suit but I guarantee if Diamondback gave him the Judas bullets he asked for he would've handled it 100x better. But like people said they wanted to go full comic route at some point so :manny:

Fred.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I think Diamondback received some unnecessary hate due to him replacing Cottonmouth but dude wasn't really that smart with his plans. He'd have the ground work for a good idea and then ruin it himself. Even Shades (who was arguably the wackest character on the show) noticed it.

Like when they framed Luke for killing the cop. All he had to do was lay low while Mariah closed the deal to sell Judas bullets to police. Literally all he had to do, was nothing. Instead he had his goons shoot up a bunch of people and take them hostage when Luke showed up at the club. It's like....what? :what:

shyt made no sense whatsoever. Obviously Luke is going to help people, and any hostages that leave will spread the word. Diamondback's rationale of "well, he'll be dead so who cares" showed he'd throw logic out the window if it meant Luke Cage would die. That's not a good trait for a villain to have.

Cottonmouth didn't have a power suit but I guarantee if Diamondback gave him the Judas bullets he asked for he would've handled it 100x better. But like people said they wanted to go full comic route at some point so :manny:

Fred.
Being driven is a wonderful trait for a villain to have. It's terrible for a successful villain though.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I enjoyed Daredevil more because of the action. But this show was superior of all of the great actors. It's sorta how I feel about the Wire and Sopranos. Sopronos was superior because of all the great characters but I prefer the Wire more. Agree with all that has been said about Cottonmouth. Stryker a first was def. annoying but I got used to his character. SPOILER:
His last scene caught me off guard though. Did not expect that and the possibility of his character in Season 2. He's gonna be nearly unstoppable. Though he'll now have the same weakness as Cage.

Alfred Woodward, was just wow. Especially how she suddenly turned hood in the interrogation scene. Misty, agree with all has been said. Her natural flirtiness. I could go on and on. Again, it's like The Sopranos in the narrow sense of so many great characters and acting.