The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This show was just aight to me (i guess I'd give it a B), took me two weekends to finish it. There was definitely some questionable acting, don't know if it was the actors or simply a fault of being comic book driven tv...

Was weird seeing alfre Woodard in a role like this yet refreshing, I get tired of seeing her being walked over in her movies lol. I also don't know shyt about the comics but killing cottonmouth so early was too early a loss for an actor like mahershala ali. That sway/meth interview was the epitome of "this shyt don't fit"...overall the show got kinda corny toward the end - I think I enjoyed the first 6/7 episodes then it started to unwind. And that fight was like the Harlem super hero version of craig and deebo's fight in Friday. :awlnah:

Wish the show could be a bit more serious and focus on the tension between misty and Ridley for a small segment, it's kinda interesting to me especially since they look like sisters, two 45 yr old milf detectives lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That aside, him showing up at the barber shop in the last episode was retarded too. Best case scenario he kills Luke, which confirms there's someone out there that has the same abilities, and validates everything Misty has been saying....worst case scenario he loses, and they have his power suit, which proves Luke didn't kill the cop.

There is a few situations where he'd be better off not involving himself at all.

Fred.
Diamondback was a fukkin retard. Lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
misty was addressing her like they had some previous ties thought she was a mom, aunt, big sis or mentor but they don't even touch on it :francis:
She was her boss at her old precinct. They did touch on it after they were done talking.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
5th all time is pretty damn good.

In other words, for all the :mjpls: critics by the cac demographic, the show was highly profitable, made netflix a lot of money and only season 2 of Daredevil (which had the damn Punisher and Elektra buffering it) had it beat as far as views (4 million vs 3.5 million).

We pushed for black inclusion, intelligent masculine black superheroes with black female supporting actresses. We got it... and imagine that... it makes money across the board :ohhh:

Funny how that works :lolbron:

bi-graphics_top%2020%20netflix%20shows.png
It's official the Bulletproof GAWD's Top 5: Dead or Alive:pachaha:

,,,meanwhile, CaCs still confused why Harlem doesn't resemble Bill Clinton's office:mjpls:

BLACKEXCELLENCE:umad:

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That aside, him showing up at the barber shop in the last episode was retarded too. Best case scenario he kills Luke, which confirms there's someone out there that has the same abilities, and validates everything Misty has been saying....worst case scenario he loses, and they have his power suit, which proves Luke didn't kill the cop.

There is a few situations where he'd be better off not involving himself at all.

Fred.

You have to look at that choice in context. By the time he shows up at the shop, the hit he put out on Shades has failed, one of his illegal buyers tried to take him out and his front person to sell to cops was looking to conspire with his enemies against him. At that point he was probably looking to clean house, regroup and rebuild. We assume he showed up looking for Luke but all his enemies were in that room and killing them would have given him breathing room to find more goons and a new face to front for his product.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
The ages of Alfre Woodard, Frankie Faison (Pop) and Cottonmouth made absolutely no sense. She's supposed to be his "older cousin" but she's legit 20 years older than Cottonmouth..thats his aunt. And Pop is damn near 70...so he's in his 40s during those 80s flashbacks? He was the landlord in Coming to America for godsakes...

They are great actors but those are just weird casting decisions.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Fred.

You talking about the benign neglect.:sas1: You saw what happen to the last would-be smart negro that uttered that shyt.

:sas2:

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i loved the first three episodes..then the next few were average then it got good again til the best character in it dies then the shyt kind of falls off.
overall i liked it though. this and Jessica Jones should have been 10 episodes.

Cottonmouth was great.
Diamondback, i thought he was corny but it wasn't no fault of big Purnsley.
Shades, was awful in every way. the actor from SOA is just the terrible. you mean to tell me they couldn't get anyone better ?

really enjoyed the Method Man cameo.

as far as cameos i thought if they had say Cam pulling up in the Pink Range and someone like say the street ball dudes like an A Butta or Sapp would have been nice cameos in the scene(s) were they were outside at the barbershop talking and paying tributes to Pop would have been a great touch.

edit-some great looking woman in this show too.

Last edited: