The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
i'm on episode 9, and page 27(50 posts per page) of this thread, ima start this thread over fukk it, so I can read shyt i mighta missed.

It just hit me that misty vision is pretty much what cyclops from x-men does. I'm the same way as them, not to be a mr me too but...

This show is as drawn out as jessica jones but the drawn out parts aren't as boring...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finished and enjoyed it. Loved all the cultural references and having spent plenty of time in Harlem and seeing what it's like now I appreciated the keep Harlem black angle. It was great to see a superhero cleaning up the community instead of dealing with supervillains.

I'm still pissed that they killed Cottonmouth:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:. He easily had the best performance. I figure Ali is a busy man and couldn't do an entire season but they could have had him do a bid so they could bring him back later. I wanted to see him and Kingpin link up:to:

Bobby Fish:myman:. That actor kills every part from Mr Robot, The Get Down and now this. Dude just has that old man swag and charisma.

Turk always in some shyt. They gotta do a standalone Turk episode running around Uptown to Hell's Kitchen causing fukkery. How you leave Daredevil and inadvertently end up causing one of the main characters on Luke Cage to get killed?:mjlol: How is he not dead yet?:deadrose:

Dolemite...I mean Diamondback was a bit over the top for me. He was straight out of a comic book. Cottonmouth just seemed to keep things grounded to where I forgot I was watching a comic book show. Every line he said just had to much villainy in it. He's quoting bible verses and making cartoonish facial expressions:why:. I'm not a fan of the hero and villain being related angle either.

Mariah was cool but not as good without Cottonmouth.

Shades was miscast. I like the character but the actor sucked. He always sounds like he's reading his lines. How did he make it through auditions? :scust:

The Meth and Sway scenes :comeon:

Rosario and Misty were great.

I've accepted that these shows are going to have some cheesy moments and uneven performances but I wish they could clean that up.

Overall I'd rate it:
:MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha::MyBrotha:/10

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think the show was cool but Luke isn't a good actor. Rosario and Misty did their part. Cottonmouth killed his role. Diamondback, Shades and everyone were else were :scust: show is like a 6.5/10 I don't care for the action scenes. Luke doesn't carry himself with any type of swagger.

Last edited:

wavycam

Pro
Daps
Show is meh to me. I like that it's black characters and the women on the show are beautiful but the show is whatever to me.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
oh and something that bugged me, for a show that made it a point to throw in hip-hop references in from naming the episodes after Gang Starr songs to Misty quoting the infamous "Lemonade was a popular drink...." i can't recall seeing a flash of the Big L or Bloodshed murals at any point.