The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
He was cool. I wish he and cottonmouth had had some type of powers though like the traditional characters.

True story: When Shades first shows up and takes his shades off, I was under the impression he was experimented on in jail like Luke was and he covered his eyes to hide his powers. Thought he had the power of suggestions/hypnosis.

Then about halfway through the series I remembered Kilgrave and was like :snoop:. I even thought when he got knocked out in the basement that it was when his abilities would activate :russ:

Same for Cottonmouth. Thought homie had fake teeth the whole time and underneath his dentures were some sharp ass teeth that could bite anything.

I got WAY too ambitious when it comes to the powers stuff on here.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They finally figured out proper pacing.

13 episodes and I wasn't bored out of my skull by the end.

Unlike both seasons of Daredevil and ESPECIALLY Jessica Jones.

Never forgive DD for wrapping Punisher up in the first 4 episodes. shyt went straight downhill from there.

I refuse to talk about JJ.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
They finally figured out proper pacing.

13 episodes and I wasn't bored out of my skull by the end.

Unlike both seasons of Daredevil and ESPECIALLY Jessica Jones.

Never forgive DD for wrapping Punisher up in the first 4 episodes. shyt went straight downhill from there.

I refuse to talk about JJ.

I think JJ got better when she moved in with Kilgrave and all the stuff after that. Surprised to hear people say they preferred the first half here.

Does Shades have a thing for Mariah or is he just trying to stay on her good side to make a move?

I think it's both. But moreso I think he wants to be in her good graces so he can manipulate her and make a power play.

Shades a top 3 character on the show for me.

You never heard of Sigourney Weaver?!!?!? :dahell: You dont remember Aliens??? :patrice::what:

As a kid I mixed up Susan Surandon and Sigourney Weaver all time.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wants to smash he's been flirting with her the whole series... :ehh:
Man I could feel the sexual chemistry between them the first time they met.
When shes lip biting him. :noah:

Awesome series. If I had to rank the Netflix superhero shows, it'd be DD2(Mainly because of Punisher) -> Luke Cage -> DD -> JJ

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
True story: When Shades first shows up and takes his shades off, I was under the impression he was experimented on in jail like Luke was and he covered his eyes to hide his powers. Thought he had the power of suggestions/hypnosis.

Then about halfway through the series I remembered Kilgrave and was like :snoop:. I even thought when he got knocked out in the basement that it was when his abilities would activate :russ:

Same for Cottonmouth. Thought homie had fake teeth the whole time and underneath his dentures were some sharp ass teeth that could bite anything.

I got WAY too ambitious when it comes to the powers stuff on here.

Bro that's funny because I kept thinking it was about to happen too. When they were going after shades on the elevator I thought he was gonna go Scott summers.

I thought when shades beat the guy to death he was gonna take a bite out of him.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I dug Cottonmouth too but Diamondback was just the better villain this season. dude was unhinged and volatile but he was smart as fukk and always a step ahead of everybody else, not surprised that he's gonna come back again the future after doc burstein stitches his ass up.

thought his whole beef with luke cage being from him not being 'loved' enough to be a bit moist but eeh, overall liked how he conducted himself. dude stayed with the fresh suits too.

Cottonmouth was great but, he was a minor boss. What kinda season finale would there be with Luke and Cottonmouth :heh: Plus, I dug the backstory between Diamondback and Luke. And the dude who plays Diamondback is a great actor, he killed it as Dunn Purnsley too. He just plays scumbags effortlessly :heh: