The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Actors always need to find the heart in their characters or they might as well be playing a robot. He can say what he likes but his performance didn't support it nor the writing. Perfect opportunity was when Luke lamented over willis's mother, he just wouldn't let go of the rage/hate

I get what you saying there, but he had Luke dead to rights, where he could've simply gave him a headshot and be done with it. He didn't tho.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That was an unnecessary change in the show :snoop:

Well, they never want any of these adaptions to be 1 to 1 translations of the stories and also
Reva's death was already sealed in JJ's show, creating a conflicting connect with her and Luke Cage. So it couldn't have been written like the books for this show anyway.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
there been a lot of article about the racial politics or white people not getting the show some it feels like click bait cause they all quote the same two or three tweets but here my take on it

First off cheo_coker should be lauded for the writing because the characters he was given were very campy/broad and he made them real people. He had a harder job then #daredevil and #Jessicajones creative team cause no one done realistic take on #lukecage side characters like they did with the others.

I like the acting and actors on Luke Cage a lot; But it's a culture I grew up around and in so I understand it. I think our lack of empathy for one another cause a lot of the discord we have. If you never get exposed to other cultures or experiences you just can't wrap your head around some else normal. I think if Luke Cage is the first time your seeing a naturalistic take on a black community it would be jarring , But it shows how little we truly try to get to know each other and see how others live.

Some parts are boring and a little shabby done. The special effects are crap compared to like The Flash. (Cotton Mouth rocket launcher, Luke getting hit by the car, etc

But all the marvel series have pacing issues.the 13 episode format is too much for these shows to handle.

Do we need to see foggy yell at matt or Matt pray again? Do we need to see Jessica argue about weather to kill Killgrave or get passed out drunk again? Do we need a music video in the middle of a Luke Cage episode? Do we need misty dumb look at the picture and be there for five minutes?

I only seen the first six though
I'm four episodes into Luke Cage but this is a real paragraph right here.. epecially with Jessica Jones which I have still yet to finish. Its like watching the exact same episode over and over again. Daredevil season 1 was fire but season 2 dragged on way too long. Luke Cage is dope overall but its dragging as well.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Actors always need to find the heart in their characters or they might as well be playing a robot. He can say what he likes but his performance didn't support it nor the writing. Perfect opportunity was when Luke lamented over willis's mother, he just wouldn't let go of the rage/hate

That's cool but since the guy who played the character put that theory on the table I'ma at least consider that he was at least somewhat conflicted about killing him :manny:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I'm four episodes into Luke Cage but this is a real paragraph right here.. epecially with Jessica Jones which I have still yet to finish. Its like watching the exact same episode over and over again. Daredevil season 1 was fire but season 2 dragged on way too long. Luke Cage is dope overall but its dragging as well.

Jessica Jones to me got better once kilgrave and Jessica were interacting with each other directly

also i feel the actress gave a better performance as the show went on

first few episodes were kind of trash though

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Redeemed him big time breh. Mad quotable.

"You invited me, but not inviting me." :demonic:

"Anybody else not made it to confessional this week" :demonic:

"You quote the Bible as if you actually believe in God"
"And you speak to me as if you're not actually in the presence of death"

:wow:

Yo I wasn't sure about him but brotha is legit:ohlawd:"Yea I'm spitting off the dome I admit but I haven't spit a wack verse yet":whoo:

"Take diet Obama upstairs" :russ:

episode 11 diamond back was droppin gems like it was comedy hour

called luke miracle whip :dead:

bye felicia :dead:

tumblr_oeesaaz2Ut1vuubx7o2_540.png

tumblr_oeesaaz2Ut1vuubx7o1_540.png

:mjlol::dead:

You ruined my life! :aicmon:

I gave you wings! :birdman:

I sent you to hell..:damn:

And you comeback with superpowers..:dahell:

Aint that a bytch :scust:

Diamondback - "When justice is done it is a joy to the righteous. But a terror to evildoers":demonic:
Mariah - "You quote the bible like you actually believe in God":childplease: :shaq2:

Diamondback - And you speak to me as if you arent actually in the presence of death :demonic:

Mariah -:hamster:

Shades: What you talkin bout Willis?:wtb:

Diamondback: Oh you gonna have jokes, especially now?:martin:

They also making "the panties drop":shaq:

:whew: y'all brehs can't deny that Diamondback had the illest lines throughout the entire series.