The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Hispanic people are white. Check your US census.

Be ignorant and try to criticize others brehs..
No
Keep letting these semi cultural muthafukkas tell you what shyt is

I know what youre saying

But they suffered the same way i did

So :camby: with that white shyt
Unless you from where im from

Sucker ass

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I dunno how I feel about this one :patrice:

They killed off Cottonmouth way too quick for me, and the sibling hate thing with Diamondback didn't work for me.:francis:

Seems like marvel was skimping on the budget with the fight scenes.

:myman: ..... I noticed they used the same locations for 2-3 fight scenes each. Not even mad though, but yeah I peeped that.

So many beautiful actresses... :wow:...

I see the chess player dude is eating good off Netflix. He's the father of 2 characters on The Get Down

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I was hoping this was good, but probably the worst Netflix marvel show so far. A lot of cheesy dialogue and just no serious threat level. Cottonmouth is a dope villain but 4 episodes in he doesn't really seem like he can fukk with Luke on any level. No desire to keep watching :francis:
:camby:

See yourself out of the thread broski

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this shyt was way better than "Jessica Jones". It seemed like they ran out of things to do with Kilgrave around the middle of the season and had a gang of characters that added nothing to the plot. With this, most characters tied into the main plot and there wasn't as much "fat".

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought this shyt was way better than "Jessica Jones". It seemed like they ran out of things to do with Kilgrave around the middle of the season and had a gang of characters that added nothing to the plot. With this, most characters tied into the main plot and there wasn't as much "fat".

Fred.
Yeah once they went back to Jessica's childhood home the series took a turn that wasn't helped by the finale.

All 3 shows are different but they sort of share a lot of similarities was so glad cage didn't have a Malcolm, Trish, foggy or Karen equivalent that came off as hanger ons maybe Bobby and Claire were suppose to be his sidekicks but I didn't notice as they didn't get in the way

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah once they went back to Jessica's childhood home the series took a turn that wasn't helped by the finale.

All 3 shows are different but they sort of share a lot of similarities was so glad cage didn't have a Malcolm, Trish, foggy or Karen equivalent that came off as hanger ons maybe Bobby and Claire were suppose to be his sidekicks but I didn't notice as they didn't get in the way
See man, I didn't even remember the names of all those random ass characters on "Jessica Jones". Not just characters, the whole subplot with Jessica's boss and her ex was :comeon: as hell. Not to mention the two weird neighbors. It seemed like they were adding characters and arcs to pad out the 13 episodes.

At least on "Luke Cage" if they had a side character they either had minimal screen time (Bobby) were a random recurring goon (Zip) or they tied into the main plot (Shades, Clair, Misty....too many to name really).

Fred.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This was not good. I give it a 6/10 and two of those points are because it was shot in Harlem.

The good:
It took place in the Mecca :blessed:

Lots of beautiful, classy black women in this show :ahh:

Positive messages of empowerment throughout, including a nice little speech from Luke at the end.

The bad:

The Luke Cage dude couldn't act.

They killed off the best character and the best actor halfway through (Cottonmouth).

Shades :russ:

Stryker :snoop: I thought it couldn't get any cornier than their first fight, until their second fight :snoop:

Overall it was just sloppy... and a little TOO cartoonish.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This was not good. I give it a 6/10 and two of those points are because it was shot in Harlem.

The good:
It took place in the Mecca :blessed:

Lots of beautiful, classy black women in this show :ahh:

Positive messages of empowerment throughout, including a nice little speech from Luke at the end.

The bad:

The Luke Cage dude couldn't act.

They killed off the best character and the best actor halfway through (Cottonmouth).

Shades :russ:

Stryker :snoop: I thought it couldn't get any cornier than their first fight, until their second fight :snoop:

Overall it was just sloppy... and a little TOO cartoonish.
:dwillhuh:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been slacking because of regular programming szn

Episode 7

Inspector Ridley and Misty could pass as sisters

Cottonmouth and that damn Casio, you rich get a real piano :shaq2:

Oh... that's how Cottonmouth dies huh? :francis:

That my nikka Purnsley from Boardwalk??? :krs: