The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but i didnt see where diamondback had that much money.. wasnt 1 judas bullet over a million dollars... and he had around 7 or so .. and what about that suit.. how much that cost..

cottonmouth and mariah appear to be more of a threat to me ,, he's just brawn like Bane
Diamondback was the plug, he was the one supplying Cottonmouth so he had a hookup inside Hammer to supply him weapons in bulk. Also have to remember he was supplying other people too and became the source for the cops before he got the power suit. He came off as muscle but he built his organization up nicely and kept goons on deck.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Wait

So was Reeva Connors killed by Jessica Jones in the comics?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You always give your best dealer top goods at a discount. Who knows maybe Diamondback worked for hammer himself??? :yeshrug: That would make more sense that justin hammer uses diamondback to accrue outside dealers to buy shyt under the table...

Diamondback was the plug, he was the one supplying Cottonmouth so he had a hookup inside Hammer to supply him weapons in bulk. Also have to remember he was supplying other people too and became the source for the cops before he got the power suit. He came off as muscle but he built his organization up nicely and kept goons on deck.

I actually think the real supplier is Shades and he works with or has an inside with Hammer. the way he was talking to cottonmouth about the Judas Bullet he knew way to much to be a goon for diamondback.

but diamondback was supplying guns ... not hammer tech .... that shipment that got stolen wasn't hammer tech though it was just regular guns

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Diamondback got more quotables than a pre-Kingdom Come Jay-Z album :wow:

I feel ya'll saying in saying he isn't Cottonmouth/Black Mariah. It took him a while to grow on me, but once he did that boy was must watch TV. nikka was legit scary AF in every scene he was in. I thought he did an AMAZING job. I feel LC has the best villains overall of the three series so far, but Kilgrave is definitely in the same tier as the Cottonmouth/Black Mariah/Diamondback trio, but he did it on his own and throughout an entire season, so I still give him the nod of being the best villain MCU has produced.

My only real criticism of this season is that the tone shifted so drastically after episode 7. It threw me off big time. It became slower paced, less action oriented, and more personal. it has that Daredevil season 2 vibe where it's basically two seasons in one.. Episode 1-7 of Luke Cage is basically season 1 and 8-13 is Season 2. Season 1 was better than Season 2, but 2 was still dope. Felt the same way about the first half of DD season being better too, btw. I also thought the first half of DD season 1 was better. The only show that clearly got better as it progressed IMO was Jessica Jones.

By the way, I don't think Diamondback...

really wanted to kill Luke. The actor who played him said he felt that deep down he still cared for his brother and didn't REALLY want him to die, but just suffer like he suffered. A perfect example of this was when he first made his appearance by shooting Luke in the gut. Then when he had another opportunity, he shoots him in the upper right side of his chest. Relatively non-lethal shots considering. I think he was torn with hating him but not wanting him dead either.

I'll add more commentary later! Already thirsty for Season 2 LOL
Oh he wanted dead but he wanted him to suffer too. How anyone can see anything different is :russ:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually think the real supplier is Shades and he works with or has an inside with Hammer. the way he was talking to cottonmouth about the Judas Bullet he knew way to much to be a goon for diamondback.

but diamondback was supplying guns ... not hammer tech .... that shipment that got stolen wasn't hammer tech though it was just regular guns
It was Hammer tech guns in that shipment that was in the robbery. It was mentioned to be military grade hammer tech shyt. Also if Shades was the supplier why would he answer to diamondback and why would diamondback kill him without securing the source? Shades was just a sneaky goon trying to jump over his boss head to reach the top. If he was trying to sell one of the suppliers on stocking something new he would need to know about it and his boss would tell him about it.

I don't know why you have such a hard time seeing the black man as the boss.:mjpls:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It was Hammer tech guns in that shipment that was in the robbery. It was mentioned to be military grade hammer tech shyt. Also if Shades was the supplier why would he answer to diamondback and why would diamondback kill him without securing the source? Shades was just a sneaky goon trying to jump over his boss head to reach the top. If he was trying to sell one of the suppliers on stocking something new he would need to know about it and his boss would tell him about it.

I don't know why you have such a hard time seeing the black man as the boss.:mjpls:

this has nothing with seeing a black man as boss... hell... I thought cottonmouth was a better boss than diamondback... oh yea.. it was grade A hammer tech ... I remember now..

shades answered to diamondback but he also questioned him .. although he is shady he was operating like he answered to somebody else.. shyt even kingpin answered to until he made his power move

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I don't think Shades was trying to jump over his boss' head per say, as all evidence on teh show seemed like he was rather comfy playing the #2 role for whomever. I mean, you could say he was on some
8591-30282.jpg
tip with being the right-hand man calling the shots behind the scenes due to all of his manipulation, but I don't think he outright wanted or pursued the #1 spot ever. Otherwise tho, I agree with all else you said.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I'm sorry but Diamondback was just corny as hell. His acting wasn't bad but just his goofy as face

I mean look at this nikka

Luke-Cage-Diamondback.jpg

:mjlol:

nikka looks like Tyler Perry doing cosplay as Judge Dredd

When that nikka popped up in that barbershop with that suit I lost it. :dead:

I mean yea. Again, this is a comic book universe where nikkas got capes and power flying suits and aliens comes from the sky. I guess it doesn't bother me because I expect a bit of a ridiculousness out of this cuz that's how comic books are. I know the Netflix series are more grounded in "reality" ie how would normal people react to all the super power beings and how they accept and adapt to it but I understand the comic book format. The villains will looks silly in power suits and act a bit over the top. Still doesn't take away from the great acting he did with Diamondback. Cottonmouth was no threat to Luke. He had no powers and his men were idiots even for goons and henchmen. Diamondback even without the suit, was the first to actually hurt Luke and proved to be a bigger threat to everyone including Mariah, shades and Harlem at large. That's what was missing from the first half the season. The big bad.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mark-Ass Buster tried to roll up on Luke:pacspit:

...Bulletproof GAWD hit him with Crispus Attucks ETHER, and sent him scattering:huhldup:

Do you think your Wu-Tang sword can defeat me: Bring Da Motherfukkin Ruckus:ahh:

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this has nothing with seeing a black man as boss... hell... I thought cottonmouth was a better boss than diamondback... oh yea.. it was grade A hammer tech ... I remember now..

shades answered to diamondback but he also questioned him .. although he is shady he was operating like he answered to somebody else.. shyt even kingpin answered to until he made his power move

I don't think Shades was trying to jump over his boss' head per say, as all evidence on teh show seemed like he was rather comfy playing the #2 role for whomever. I mean, you could say he was on some
8591-30282.jpg
tip with being the right-hand man calling the shots behind the scenes due to all of his manipulation, but I don't think he outright wanted or pursued the #1 spot ever. Otherwise tho, I agree with all else you said.

Shades was trying to position a figurehead he could control. He tried to manipulate Cottonmouth and Diamondback but they weren't having it, that's why he wanted to build up Mariah. He was working her before her cousin died and positioned himself to take Cottonmouth's spot after his death only for Diamondback to come in and run it himself. He started questioning him around that time which is why the hit was put out on him. Diamondback saw him for what he was and so did Cottonmouth, which is why they never fully trusted him.