The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Tell me ya'll nikkas cant hear Killa da Gawd on that end theme beat like its Summer of 2001 :banderas::banderas::banderas:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I've read several people say that Luke Cage was "too political". The first season 1 of Daredevil is primarily about law(the title character is a LAWYER) and organized crime. The second season of the show, along with Jessica Jones, focused on military conspiracy and post traumatic stress(DD2 with military veteran sthrough Punisher, JJ with Simpson and JJ being the victim of kidnapping and rape) and MORE judicial practice(Punisher's court case, JJ trying to get Hope out of prison).

Marvel's Netflix offering have been overtly political and heavy on the social commentary from the start, but all of sudden Luke Cage is too political? I wish folks would say what they really mean by "too political", but I'ma sip this tea.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I've read several people say that Luke Cage was "too political". The first season 1 of Daredevil is primarily about law(the title character is a LAWYER) and organized crime. The second season of the show, along with Jessica Jones, focused on military conspiracy and post traumatic stress(DD2 with military veteran sthrough Punisher, JJ with Simpson and JJ being the victim of kidnapping and rape) and MORE judicial practice(Punisher's court case, JJ trying to get Hope out of prison).

Marvel's Netflix offering have been overtly political and heavy on the social commentary from the start, but all of sudden Luke Cage is too political? I wish folks would say what they really mean by "too political", but I'ma sip this tea.

You know exactly what they mean.... :mjpls:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the things I'm so happy about this show is....

I think it finally closes the argument or discussion point that "haters" love to bring up about "bu bu bu bu by but it's Disney.... they won't allow..."

This show went for it, like the dialogue was current the issues were current, they didn't cookie cut much of anything.

They went places we know gotdamn well dat competition can't and won't go.
Don't to make this a DC vs Marvel thing but don't forget that DC has the Milestone characters and that they are relaunching that imprint.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
y8cURCt.png

Can't tell me those JJ scenes weren't real:shaq: