The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Pretty sure she told him to bounce way before the rocket launcher things. She even told him not to go to Pops funeral. That's why I'm bringing it up. She was hostile to him before there was any reason to.

Because he pushed her shyt in :heh:

Technically Luke is to blame for the personal hostility. She walked into the barbershop as a detective and this nikka caught a bytch fit. Everyone knew at that point that they had fukked. He made it hot. nikka was a simp lame loser.

He got mad at her for lying about being a cop, WHEN SHE WAS ON A STAKEOUT. She could've been fired for fraternizing with him and sleeping with him. But that he turns around and acts shock that she's upset that he's a bulletproof human, busting into drug spots, sending hundreds of people to the ER, causing gang wars, and destroying private property.

Simp Cage.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Method Man puttin on the bullethole hoodies tho...
jamesbrownwow-gif.61

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Cottonmouth was great but this is a comic book story and Diamondback brought that chaos and evil that I appreciate in my villains. Cottonmouth was more human and you felt for him as he was born into the wrong family but Daimondback was great. Absolutely great.

Both were great IMO. I had very little complaint about the series. Bout a 9.25/10.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Cottonmouth was great but this is a comic book story and Diamondback brought that chaos and evil that I appreciate in my villains. Cottonmouth was more human and you felt for him as he was born into the wrong family but Daimondback was great. Absolutely great.
I'm sorry but Diamondback was just corny as hell. His acting wasn't bad but just his goofy as face

I mean look at this nikka

Luke-Cage-Diamondback.jpg

:mjlol:

nikka looks like Tyler Perry doing cosplay as Judge Dredd

When that nikka popped up in that barbershop with that suit I lost it. :dead:

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
this ain't the 90s. Actors are all cornballs.
Most celebrities, including popular rappers, are cornballs in real life. It's just that with social media, they're more transparent now than ever before. There used to be a mystique with celebs that gave them that cool factor. All of that is gone now.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
6219128306401280.png

"I felt unwelcome being the white guy watching this."
"Keep harlem black would be racist if a white guy said this about his neighborhood." :mjpls:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm sorry but Diamondback was just corny as hell. His acting wasn't bad but just his goofy as face

I mean look at this nikka

:mjlol:

nikka looks like Tyler Perry doing cosplay as Judge Dredd

When that nikka popped up in that barbershop with that suit I lost it. :dead:

You could spoiler that shyt for peeps not there yet. Also, it was intentionally cheesy looking since it was A. paying homage to his original costume and B. the cheesy/silliness was one of the many angles of blaxploitation portrayal. Fish immediately commenting on iit as silly was acknowledgement of its intention.