Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
ayVWZmg.jpg

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this and it had some good points but overall it was wack. Some points:

Shades, Mariah, and my nikka cottonmouth stole the show. Damn shame when you know that the multimillion dollar superhero movies don't even have memorable villians(Deadpool, ironmen etc) but this show had 3 in just one season.

Luke Cage, the nikka that play him has got to be one of the worst actors of all time brehs, I'm talking Curtis Jackson levels trash. What made it worse was that hes the main character so you're forced to suffer through thus mumble with cornball wooden ass nikka for the majority of the screentime.

Goat female cast, I'd get coffee with them all

I liked the whole homage to African American history and the parallels created with shyt going on today. Was a real good to see, really felt like shyt could be your neighborhood and not some cacville captain America town you usually see. Seriously the best aspect of the show.

Action was subpar as hell, need to get the nikka from daredevil to do the fight scenes for all he marvel shows.

So in all I'd say it's alright but trash mostly. Daredevil season 2 is still GOAT

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
just finished it

GREAT fukkING SHOW...

Not even because of all the pro-blackness of it (which im glad they acknowledged and was trying to teach younger people history.. you can tell)

But it touched on a lot of black male stereotypes and showed a lot of different types of black men. Just a dope show..

Dude was perfect at being Cage. From the corniness to the "Sweet Christmas" or "sweet sister" lines, to the non-violent ways of being violenf. shyt was dope... Storylines even doper. And dude with the "Coffee" line always had me rolling.. Especially when Claire immediately caught on.

Action wise, first 2 episodes were a lil slow, but..

in Episode 3, When Cottonmouth broke out the Rocket launcher, that was my first "OH shyt" moment to me in the show. I was actually sad about Cottonmouth a lil bit. I felt him and related to certain shyt. Like how he wanted to parle with Pop over Chico, out of respect to Pop and the mentorship he provided when they were kids... And then some dumb nikka was feeling himself and got Pop killed... Just fukked up everything

Action was good. Slow in parts and dude wasnt a martial artists and shyt. More like hulk-lite and dude could box.

Cottonmouth was a good villian imo. Just a product of his upbringing but smart and resourceful with connections. Similar to Fisk in a way.

I knew Diamondback would roll up eventually, but didnt expect the twists and turns. Black Maraiah is by far the one I Hated the most... fukking diabolical bytch.

Diamondback was just smart.. Crazy.. Apathetic... Marvel/Netflix has done amazing jobs with their villains

The twists and turns in Cage's backstories mixed in with the twists and crazy shyt going on in the present but all centering around pro-blackness (while other races got shine as well) just made this a dope show that i wish didnt end

I think the Claire taking self-defense classes might tie into Danny Rands series next. Misty still on the hunt for Shades and Mariah.. There was an Ode to her becoming a super hero in the fact she already had visual powers abd she NEARLY lost her arm. Im going to assume that her arm never fully heals, abd someone it gets replaced with the robotic-type arm from the comics.

Shades being a villain i liked as well. Smarter than most others and turned Mariah into the moster she eventually became. Can't wat to see shades actual have shades that are his weapon but that might have to be in season 2

And then Luke going to prison and probably will get released sometime after Danny Rands season or during the Defenders, since Bobby Fish found the file to exaunerate him from prisom

I dont think we'll see a second season for years.. Possibly after The Defenders. Next up i think is Danny Rand/Punisher and then the Defenders. Then possibly a Jessica Jones season 2 and then a Luke Cage season 2.. Maybe even after another Daredevil season. shyt wont be poppin again for them until in 2018 or even 2019. I think it will be centered around the next Avengers... Hopefully they could be in it but i think they'll be doing more street level crimefighting after Avengers for Defenders.

They really should make these like 6 months apart. They are great shows/series.

Last edited:

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
just finished it

GREAT fukkING SHOW...

Not even because of all the pro-blackness of it (which im glad they acknowledged and was trying to teach younger people history.. you can tell)

But it touched on a lot of black male stereotypes and showed a lot of different types of black men. Just a dope show..

Dude was perfect at being Cage. From the corniness to the "Sweet Christmas" or "sweet sister" lines, to the non-violent ways of being violenf. shyt was dope... Storylines even doper. And dude with the "Coffee" line always had me rolling.. Especially when Claire immediately caught on.

Action wise, first 2 episodes were a lil slow, but..

in Episode 3, When Cottonmouth broke out the Rocket launcher, that was my first "OH shyt" moment to me in the show. I was actually sad about Cottonmouth a lil bit. I felt him and related to certain shyt. Like how he wanted to parle with Pop over Chico, out of respect to Pop and the mentorship he provided when they were kids... And then some dumb nikka was feeling himself and got Pop killed... Just fukked up everything

Action was good. Slow in parts and dude wasnt a martial artists and shyt. More like hulk-lite and dude could box.

Cottonmouth was a good villian imo. Just a product of his upbringing but smart and resourceful with connections. Similar to Fisk in a way.

I knew Diamondback would roll up eventually, but didnt expect the twists and turns. Black Maraiah is by far the one I Hated the most... fukking diabolical bytch.

Diamondback was just smart.. Crazy.. Apathetic... Marvel/Netflix has done amazing jobs with their villains

The twists and turns in Cage's backstories mixed in with the twists and crazy shyt going on in the present but all centering around pro-blackness (while other races got shine as well) just made this a dope show that i wish didnt end

I think the Claire taking self-defense classes might tie into Danny Rands series next. Misty still on the hunt for Shades and Mariah.. There was an Ode to her becoming a super hero in the fact she already had visual powers abd she NEARLY lost her arm. Im going to assume that her arm never fully heals, abd someone it gets replaced with the robotic-type arm from the comics.

Shades being a villain i liked as well. Smarter than most others and turned Mariah into the moster she eventually became. Can't wat to see shades actual have shades that are his weapon but that might have to be in season 2

And then Luke going to prison and probably will get released sometime after Danny Rands season or during the Defenders, since Bobby Fish found the file to exaunerate him from prisom

I dont think we'll see a second season for years.. Possibly after The Defenders. Next up i think is Danny Rand/Punisher and then the Defenders. Then possibly a Jessica Jones season 2 and then a Luke Cage season 2.. Maybe even after another Daredevil season. shyt wont be poppin again for them until in 2018 or even 2019. I think it will be centered around the next Avengers... Hopefully they could be in it but i think they'll be doing more street level crimefighting after Avengers for Defenders.

They really should make these like 6 months apart. They are great shows/series.
LC is thematically more different than the other shows are when being compared to eachother, so if it gets much better response I could see them only doing one season of another show befor LC2

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Watched the 3rd episode yesterday...

That scene where Luke went though Cottonmouth's stash spot with Wu Tang playing in the background :krs:

Cottonmouth shooting RPG's in Harlem like hes playing GTA :wtf:

This show is crazy and I only watched three episodes so far with 10 more to go!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Stilt Man :mjpls:

Funny that he never explained how he got onto that roof :sas2:

I'd say him being Turk Barrett baby, he doesn't have to explain shyt.

If thats not the answer, you're looking for...

There hasn't been a door built yet, that can hold him back...

Last edited: