The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
just finished the last ep and
how the hell is Shades not in jail :dwillhuh: Misty should still be able to bring charges against him for being involved in that hostage situation right?

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I really hope all of the complaints of it being too Black is from a small minority of people on social media. I am only on ep 10, and it is by far my fav Marvel show.
seriously, we finally get some black shows going and white people start tripping that Variety article opened the floodgates. If anything we need even more shows with majority black casts and other people of color.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I was hoping this was good, but probably the worst Netflix marvel show so far. A lot of cheesy dialogue and just no serious threat level. Cottonmouth is a dope villain but 4 episodes in he doesn't really seem like he can fukk with Luke on any level. No desire to keep watching :francis:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
On ep 7 and they're doing that classic 'hero' stuff that drives me crazy. This chick Misty keeps coming at Cage like he's responsible for drama for no good reason. Cottonmouth shot up the barbershop because of what those kids that robbed him did. Had literally nothing to do with Cage other than he happened to fill the kids shift and work at the barbershop. He only got the kid there because Pop forced him to. Then after that Cage busted the safe house up and got the cops all the money which was to their benefit and Cottonmouth retaliated by robbing folks then blowing up his crib. None of that can be blamed on Cage as if he actually did something wrong but she keeps coming at his head like he did and claiming she can't trust him.

Also annoying how he keeps doing this 'I can't do anything' act when literally all he has to do is walk up and snap dudes neck. Or, if he's on that 'no kill' stuff simply beat him down or even let him know he won't stop busting up his business. Even the threat of jail is lame because nobody can force him to go if he doesn't want to

She's a cop, following a lead. She can't just know what's his reasons for being involved with shyt. All she can do is not ignore the coincidences of him being involved in shyt.

Also, Cage is strong and bulletproof, but not everyone else. He also isn't trying to indirectly get people hurt either by just going YOLO and giving fukk all to reason to just do what he wants, despite literally having the strength/capability to do so.

I swear, some of ya'll have no gotdamn context.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
just finished the last ep and
Well, he was bailed out on a what was it...a 6 figure bail? Misty is essentially shafted off the force too and apparently the other cops just wanted the "bigger" threats in Luke and Diamondback. Shades slippery-ness has him to slip thru the cracks

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Well, he was bailed out on a what was it...a 6 figure bail? Misty is essentially shafted off the force too and apparently the other cops just wanted the "bigger" threats in Luke and Diamondback. Shades slippery-ness has him to slip thru the cracks

I feel you but even if you're out on bail you still have to go to trial eventually, unless the charges get dropped. he was involved in some serious shyt and I can't wrap my mind around all that just going away. :manny:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
She's a cop, following a lead. She can't just know what's his reasons for being involved with shyt. All she can do is not ignore the coincidences of him being involved in shyt.

Also, Cage is strong and bulletproof, but not everyone else. He also isn't trying to indirectly get people hurt either by just going YOLO and giving fukk all to reason to just do what he wants, despite literally having the strength/capability to do so.

I swear, some of ya'll have no gotdamn context.
No context? nikka please. She's a cop, yea. But as a cop she knows full well the shop got blown up because of Chico, not Cage. She also knows Pop was the one hiding Chico, not Cage. At that point it was pure coincidence that he was involved but she was already telling him to leave Harlem just because. Nothing Cage has been involved in has been a secret. They ALL know he tore up the safe house and everyone knows he did it as payback for Pops. Everyone also knows Cottonmouth and his boys started pressing all the business owners because of the money lost AND to get back at Cage because they literally told people to see Cage about it. So everyone also knows Cage's retaliation when he went around whomping on nikkas was because of that. His motivations have been crystal clear this whole time. Ain't no mysteries about it, especially once it became clear he was 'special'. There's literally nothing mysterious for her to figure out regarding his involvement. They only mystery is who he really is and how'd he get there but all his involvement with Cottonmouth is about as clear as can be. So again, all the stuff with her treating him like its all his fault is strictly for the story so he can have someone pressing him. Doesn't make much logical sense.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No context? nikka please. She's a cop, yea. But as a cop she knows full well the shop got blown up because of Chico, not Cage. She also knows Pop was the one hiding Chico, not Cage. At that point it was pure coincidence that he was involved but she was already telling him to leave Harlem just because. Nothing Cage has been involved in has been a secret. They ALL know he tore up the safe house and everyone knows he did it as payback for Pops. Everyone also knows Cottonmouth and his boys started pressing all the business owners because of the money lost AND to get back at Cage because they literally told people to see Cage about it. So everyone also knows Cage's retaliation when he went around whomping on nikkas was because of that. His motivations have been crystal clear this whole time. Ain't no mysteries about it, especially once it became clear he was 'special'. There's literally nothing mysterious for her to figure out regarding his involvement. They only mystery is who he really is and how'd he get there but all his involvement with Cottonmouth is about as clear as can be. So again, all the stuff with her treating him like its all his fault is strictly for the story so he can have someone pressing him. Doesn't make much logical sense.

coincidence or not.. she said leave harlem because what was happening wasn't going on before he got there.. before cage hit ft knox .. harlem was comfortable paying what little amount Cornell was charging them.. Cage made him hit them with that adjustable rate 1000% increase.

and remember being a vigilante is just as criminal as the criminals they're taking down..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Initially it was "let me figure out how Luke Cage is involved" because he was the only common thread. Present when the barber shop got shot up, present when the Chinese restaurant got blown up, worked at both the barber shop and the club owned by Cottonmouth, etc.

Around episode 5 or so when she figured out he was special it became "let me tell Luke Cage to get the fukk out of town, because he's doing more harm than good". Because regardless of whether or not those things were directly his fault, people were not blowing shyt up with rocket launchers prior to his appearance.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Initially it was "let me figure out how Luke Cage is involved" because he was the only common thread. Present when the barber shop got shot up, present when the Chinese restaurant got blown up, worked at both the barber shop and the club owned by Cottonmouth, etc.

Around episode 5 or so when she figured out he was special it became "let me tell Luke Cage to get the fukk out of town, because he's doing more harm than good". Because regardless of whether or not those things were directly his fault, people were not blowing shyt up with rocket launchers prior to his appearance.

Fred.
She also had that conversation with her partner in episode 3 about how she thought the "heroes" were reckless.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my main issue with luke cage and his characterization? he didn't buck back at the cops one time the entire series. he was always subservient to the cops, and constantly saved by another cop. (misty, the black cop, the explosion that killed the CO). then got the nerve to get on some moral high ground shyt when all the black characters :heh: then he c00nin claire (who will maliciously be there to patch up ironfist)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She also had that conversation with her partner in episode 3 about how she thought the "heroes" were reckless.

I briefly thought that conversation was going to reference "Civil War", at the very least obliquely, but it didn't.

I hope these Netflix series start referencing MCU events after the first "Avengers" movie.

Fred.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
coincidence or not.. she said leave harlem because what was happening wasn't going on before he got there.. before cage hit ft knox .. harlem was comfortable paying what little amount Cornell was charging them.. Cage made him hit them with that adjustable rate 1000% increase.

and remember being a vigilante is just as criminal as the criminals they're taking down..

Fred.

Pretty sure she told him to bounce way before the rocket launcher things. She even told him not to go to Pops funeral. That's why I'm bringing it up. She was hostile to him before there was any reason to.