Supporter
Daps
luke cage would attend an alllivesmatter rally with jessica jones, keep it real

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I briefly thought that conversation was going to reference "Civil War", at the very least obliquely, but it didn't.

I hope these Netflix series start referencing MCU events after the first "Avengers" movie.

Fred.

pretty sure luke cage takes place before civil war.. or at the same time. and since the accords are happening over there.. news didn't reach the states yet..

but multiple sources says its before civil war

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
luke cage would attend an alllivesmatter rally with jessica jones, keep it real
And this is why some of you ingant muthafukkas should read the source material if you ARENT sure what it is youre getting into on screen
Luke Cage aint this "By Any Means Neccessary" type brother.
Hes a good hearted cat that just wants to do good for Harlem and get some bread while doing it.
In the original books alot of his "clients" are white people. Cause he usually wouldnt charge black folks for his service.

NOW...

If youre looking for some str8 up, fukk these pasties, fukk AmeriKKKa shyt.
Then support Black Panther.

Unless they switch his shyt up.

Stop it with this sucka ass crab shyt.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The only corrupt cop in "Luke Cage" was Scarfe and Cage almost killed him.

Would you be happier if Misty Knight was crooked? Or Kima from "The Wire"? I honestly don't get what you're driving at, breh. You're asking why he didn't beef with cops when there wasn't a reason to in this series.

Fred.
it was even said half the force was on cottonmouths payroll ..
the damn IA officer was on payroll...

they was no "only corrupt cop" the only non corrupt cops we saw were the chief and misty

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

they was no "only corrupt cop" the only non corrupt cops we saw were the chief and misty

Nah, the black cop that duke mentioned earlier from the barbershop, the other white cop assisting Misty with intel and the white cop on the swat team weren't shown to being corrupt cops.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
LUKE CAGE IS BEING NICE TO COPS BECAUSE HE'S A FUGITIVE... it aint c00ning.. he's laying low around 50 to not draw attention to himself.. sure all that stuff happened and they saying Luke did it and yadda ya.. but without evidence it aint sticking.... LUKE was and he said it in JJ and in the first few episodes here only caring about is own ass and nothing more

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And this is why some of you ingant muthafukkas should read the source material if you ARENT sure what it is youre getting into on screen
Luke Cage aint this "By Any Means Neccessary" type brother.
Hes a good hearted cat that just wants to do good for Harlem and get some bread while doing it.
In the original books alot of his "clients" are white people. Cause he usually wouldnt charge black folks for his service.

NOW...

If youre looking for some str8 up, fukk these pasties, fukk AmeriKKKa shyt.
Then support Black Panther.

Unless they switch his shyt up.

Stop it with this sucka ass crab shyt.
crab shyt? the series is produced by white people, funded by white people, and probably predominately written by white people. :heh: have y'all learned nothing from orange is the new black?

im not asking for alllivesmatter luke to be militant, i just want the social commentary to be even handed. this was "what about black on black crime: the series"

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was hoping this was good, but probably the worst Netflix marvel show so far. A lot of cheesy dialogue and just no serious threat level. Cottonmouth is a dope villain but 4 episodes in he doesn't really seem like he can fukk with Luke on any level. No desire to keep watching :francis:
We are all entitled to our opinions but :what:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I should've clarified what I meant. The only corrupt cop that Cage interacted with was Scarfe. Cats are acting like Cage is supposed to go around beating up random cops with no idea if they're crooked or not.

pretty sure luke cage takes place before civil war.. or at the same time. and since the accords are happening over there.. news didn't reach the states yet..

but multiple sources says its before civil war

I mean any movie after "Avengers". People still talking about some shyt that happened 4+ years ago, as if "Age Of Ultron" didn't happen. I realize that didn't take place in NY but still, you'd think there would be some reference to it.

Fred.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, the black cop that duke mentioned earlier from the barbershop, the other white cop assisting Misty with intel and the white cop on the swat team weren't shown to being corrupt cops.

true .. but I was also being facetious cause the post I quoted said called scarfe the "only corrupt cop" and no way that was shown with only him being corrupt

edit:: I got you .. understood ..@hex

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
crab shyt? the series is produced by white people, funded by white people, and probably predominately written by white people. :heh: have y'all learned nothing from orange is the new black?

im not asking for alllivesmatter luke to be militant, i just want the social commentary to be even handed. this was "what about black on black crime: the series"
On some real shyt...
What the fukk are you proven by stating that this this and that made by white folks?
Muthafukka NO shyt!!! :deadmanny:

You dont like the shyt you dont like the shyt.

Bounce! :cambyaiplease:

Ol fake ass "i ONLY support black folks shyt" and dont know what the fukk it is that black folks actually make ass muthafukkas! :hahapaul:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Breh she was hostile to him because in most cases there was no one else to be hostile to, because he was the only survivor. If Pops was alive I'm sure she'd tell him it was dumb to house Chico, and not tell the cops. But he died, and the only person left to blame was Luke, who she don't know anything about. She sees him at the club, a couple days later he's at a place that gets shot up and causes the death of Pops, who is her close friend. Of course she's going to be hostile towards him.

And you seen what the funeral turned into....Cage and Cottonmouth verbally sparring. In her mind that has no place at a funeral.

Fred.

tru tru

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I should've clarified what I meant. The only corrupt cop that Cage interacted with was Scarfe. Cats are acting like Cage is supposed to go around beating up random cops with no idea if they're crooked or not.

I mean any movie after "Avengers". People still talking about some shyt that happened 4+ years ago, as if "Age Of Ultron" didn't happen. I realize that didn't take place in NY but still, you'd think there would be some reference to it.

Fred.

I understand the timeline questions .. but Avengers 2 didn't take place in USA avengers one did.. I mean its 15 years and we new Yorkers still talk about 9/11 like yesterday while we talk about what happened yesterday in other countries for 5 minutes and its back to our own lives..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I understand the timeline questions .. but Avengers 2 didn't take place in USA avengers one did.. I mean its 15 years and we new Yorkers still talk about 9/11 like yesterday while we talk about what happened yesterday in other countries for 5 minutes and its back to our own lives..

Eh....yeah that's a good point.

I dunno I guess I just want them to move the narrative along. We're less than 2 years away from "Infinity War" and the Netflix shows are still talking about the first Avengers movie.

Fred.