The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
my main issue with luke cage and his characterization? he didn't buck back at the cops one time the entire series. he was always subservient to the cops, and constantly saved by another cop. (misty, the black cop, the explosion that killed the CO). then got the nerve to get on some moral high ground shyt when all the black characters :heh: then he c00nin claire (who will maliciously be there to patch up ironfist)

:dwillhuh:

He's a fugitive, why would he draw attention to himself by going to war with the cops?

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

He's a fugitive, why would he draw attention to himself by going to war with the cops?

Fred.
i know you can contextualize it however you want, but he had no problem going to war with cottonmouth, black mariah, and diamondback. :mjlol: but when it comes to some cops, cage gets saved every time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure she told him to bounce way before the rocket launcher things. She even told him not to go to Pops funeral. That's why I'm bringing it up. She was hostile to him before there was any reason to.

Breh she was hostile to him because in most cases there was no one else to be hostile to, because he was the only survivor. If Pops was alive I'm sure she'd tell him it was dumb to house Chico, and not tell the cops. But he died, and the only person left to blame was Luke, who she don't know anything about. She sees him at the club, a couple days later he's at a place that gets shot up and causes the death of Pops, who is her close friend. Of course she's going to be hostile towards him.

And you seen what the funeral turned into....Cage and Cottonmouth verbally sparring. In her mind that has no place at a funeral.

Fred.

Daps
my main issue with luke cage and his characterization? he didn't buck back at the cops one time the entire series. he was always subservient to the cops, and constantly saved by another cop. (misty, the black cop, the explosion that killed the CO). then got the nerve to get on some moral high ground shyt when all the black characters :heh: then he c00nin claire (who will maliciously be there to patch up ironfist)

get mad at a black superhero for being law abiding, brehs

dont think a black character is "real enough" until he breaks the law, brehs

prefer your black characters to be evil with malicious intent, brehs

never ever want to see a righteous black man on screen, brehs

2JrU4f6.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

2JrU4f6.gif
Fam...

Some of these posts :snoop:

At this point its like, just say you dont like it. Dont even tell us why you dont.:deadmanny:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i am, to a degree. i have to replay DD, but i think even he put hands on corrupt cops at some point.

stop with the facetious, strawman bullshyt. if your going to characterize "pro-black" characters as evil, and have it constantly addressed as fought against. i want that same consideration shown towards the law enforcement. but half of the series, LC on some "i hate the n-word", "do you know where we're standing", "what about black on black crime" shyt.

im interested to a pic of the full writing room

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

:usure:
Were you asleep when he while on the run, he knocked out the white cop and knocked the black cop that shot literally up the street into his own squad car?

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i am, to a degree. i have to replay DD, but i think even he put hands on corrupt cops at some point.

The only corrupt cop in "Luke Cage" was Scarfe and Cage almost killed him.

Would you be happier if Misty Knight was crooked? Or Kima from "The Wire"? I honestly don't get what you're driving at, breh. You're asking why he didn't beef with cops when there wasn't a reason to in this series.

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:usure: Were you asleep when he while on the run, he knocked out the white cop and knocked the black cop that shot literally up the street into his own squad car?
which episode was that? are you talking about the one where he got saved by the black cop having a change of heart?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Would you be happier if Misty Knight was crooked? Or Kima from "The Wire"? I honestly don't get what you're driving at, breh. You're asking why he didn't beef with cops when there wasn't a reason to in this series.

Fred.

because it was written that way :what: like i said, every time LC was forced to confront a situation with cacs; he was saved. if the CO didnt get knocked out, luke cage woulda took his strong ass right back to his cell. if the cop didnt have a change of heart, luke cage woulda took his ass right back to his cell. if misty didnt save cage at the end, he woulda took his ass right back to his cell.

and before you contextualize it, once again--it was written that way. probably by white writers :mjpls:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Fred.

Nah,
the other cop that partnered with Misty after Scarf was also corrupt. Granted, he never even had screen-time with Luke tho so...

• Dap
Reactions: hex