The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Shades is a creep
Hes a creep in the comic book

And homie did a good job playing that role even with him not being black like the real Shades

A creep as in like a predator/pedophile or just an a-hole character or whatever? If it's the former, I wonder if they choose to change his race then due to already having a black character of that background (albeit a minor character) on the show in Uncle Pete. My wife and niece were obsessed with mentioning how creepy dude was, to the fact that they were thinking the actor is probably on that tip in real life, lol. I was like, "He's just playing his part how it's written to be" as an actor is expected to do.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
A creep as in like a predator/pedophile or just an a-hole character or whatever? If it's the former, I wonder if they choose to change his race then due to already having a black character of that background (albeit a minor character) on the show in Uncle Pete. My wife and niece were obsessed with mentioning how creepy dude was, to the fact that they were thinking the actor is probably on that tip in real life, lol. I was like, "He's just playing his part how it's written to be" as an actor is expected to do.
A creep
Like a low down underhanded grimey muthafukka you cant trust

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I need a smiley of these @Norrin Radd also a GIF separate from the tweet.

Tried to watch Daredevil and fell asleep twice.

Lukecage is FAR more entertaining. You WONT be dissapointed.
If you notice the critics who aren't mentioning race being the problem for them are saying its "boring"

I could see if they were talking about back half of the show where things get a bit redundant. However, they talking about the stuff that is happening in the hood.
Its wild to me that they find all the Cottonmouth, club, barbershop conversations, etc to be boring/not watchable. The main it a point to "oh its the plot thats the problem"

Then turn around be the first ones to say they're these big "The Wire" fans when it was clear the first half of the season took inspiration from that.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
On ep 7 and they're doing that classic 'hero' stuff that drives me crazy. This chick Misty keeps coming at Cage like he's responsible for drama for no good reason. Cottonmouth shot up the barbershop because of what those kids that robbed him did. Had literally nothing to do with Cage other than he happened to fill the kids shift and work at the barbershop. He only got the kid there because Pop forced him to. Then after that Cage busted the safe house up and got the cops all the money which was to their benefit and Cottonmouth retaliated by robbing folks then blowing up his crib. None of that can be blamed on Cage as if he actually did something wrong but she keeps coming at his head like he did and claiming she can't trust him.

Also annoying how he keeps doing this 'I can't do anything' act when literally all he has to do is walk up and snap dudes neck. Or, if he's on that 'no kill' stuff simply beat him down or even let him know he won't stop busting up his business. Even the threat of jail is lame because nobody can force him to go if he doesn't want to