The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
there is nothing wrong with being well spoken how he speaks on the show is how hes spoken in other roles and real life. Your problem is that he sounds more like a public school teacher than a hoodlum around the way doesn't mean hes speaking unnatural lol that's some bizzaro shyt. I did have a problem with the casting when he was announced but as long as he didn't sound like urkel and has base in his voice it was :ld:

Naw my problem is exactly what I said. Its not about being well spoken, its about speaking so properly its unnatural. Even scholars use conjunctions from time to time.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This show 3 episodes in is a tad boring friends. Everything Involving luke showing off his powers wasn't done with any kind of imagination like Jessica Jones but Jones had a good villain to compensate

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
lol....I knew it was coming. And what's funny is like all the heroes and villians were black so its like black people cleaning up their neighborhood. Certain still people gonna find something. They even had look have the semi c00n speech towards the end of the season at the police station.

smh at these clowns.
-white dude was on the SWAT team
-asian crime lord at the meeting
-luke building was owned by asians
-white doctor gave luke powers
-shades is a major character....white
-white prison guard
-latino drug lords at the drug lord get together
-Scarf...white
-Misty new partner....white
-that other dirty cop...white
-dude in the store with Meth wasn't black

and that's just off the top of my head.

for fukk sake.These people always gotta put these super high moral standards on black people then turn around and exclude blacks from their shyt. How do you notice when your people aint the dominant group in something and get mad about it, then turn around and your baffled at black people being mad about the same exact thing?

I agree...tho a few of the "white" folks you mentioned were actually hispanics, lol.

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
"I seen 'em all come an go, Nicky, Fritz, Azie" this show's writing is top tier :whoo:
Cottonmouth shouting out Big L an ASAP Rocky at Pop's funeral:blessed:
This is the most Harlem thing on TV since Paid In Full
Always makin real world references or playin some dope song that makes me more invested

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
They made that clear off the rip though. First scene was a ball playing stick-up kid getting a fade at Pop's Barbershop
I'm aware but critics and comic book fans (a group I belong to and am very well acquainted with) won't see that. DD is one of my favorite heroes but I wasn’t expecting anything but ninjas and Irish Catholic guilt. Some people didn't seem to get what LC was about.

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
I'm aware but critics and comic book fans (a group I belong to and am very well acquainted with) won't see that. DD is one of my favorite heroes but I wasn’t expecting anything but ninjas and Irish Catholic guilt. Some people didn't seem to get what LC was about.
If thats how the comicbook homies feel then :camby:
This shyt is :banderas:

DD, JJ an LC all pretty fire honestly, but all the Harlem vibes LC has makes it at least 3x better in my opinion

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
I'm on ep 5. Love the show but the casting is mad hit or miss. Cottonmouth, Mariah , Pops, Misty, the other old head from the shop are great. 10/10 casting and acting. That said my man Luke is off and on. He says his lines so unnaturally sometimes its distracting. Its like he's taking a class on dictation and pronounces every single syllable so clearly it sounds like he's reading. There was some line where he said something like 'why do you think they would do that' and pronounced every word so clearly it took me back a bit. Just wish he was a bit more natural. That said it ain't like there's a ton of big swole brothers that can act out there. I'd still give him like a 6 or 7 so it ain't like it ruins the show, just an observation
:mjlol: I know what u mean about Luke. I think homie truly talks like that tho. He did in Halo 5 and he does in interviews too

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The first Cottonmouth has super-strength that rivals Luke Cage. He also has sharp teeth that he had sharpened to resemble fangs. Cottonmouth also has a good knowledge of the different poisons.

they did touch upon it....it was minor as fukk...mariah dropped a small mention of it in one of the episodes....shyt i was to see if it was going to come to pass

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Or......or....just use spoiler tags like literally everyone else is doing. This is the law, nikkas know from both the Jessica Jones and Daredevil threads :francis:

I know plenty of ya'll like to shyt on gaf (and mostly for good reason, no doubt), but they do handle shyts like this a helluva lot better than it's done here and I think that model should be mimicked. Essentially, they give a respectable time date (usually about 2 weeks from a show's start date for Netflix style shows anway) for official threads like these where all posts must be spoiler taged and aptly title referenced as such as to when said spoiler is, like ep number (which some folks here do, but it's hardly a standard or mandate). It's stated directly in the opening post of the official thread and anyone not adhereing to the rule gets banned (at least a thread ban, tho I reckon continued negligence as such could warrant a full ban).

I do so most folks do use spoiler tags, but a lot have like very minimum, if any sort of context to what they're spoiling. It's like, mention that you're spoiler something about a partciular character or an episode. Granted, if it's surprise style of character, then just list episode number or "surprise character" forwarning within your spoiler notes. shyt's really not that difficult to do and anyone sensible enough would want and appreciate this just the same. Everyone's on different pages when it comes to netflix style of binge shows, so we may all want to converse about it and hear other's thoughts, but obviously not always going to be at the same exact points as others. For full discloures, make a damn Full Spoiler/Completion thread.

Last edited: