The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Mama Mabel seemed more like the real Black Mariah.
Maybe. I'm only on episode 4. Cottonmouth calls her Black Mariah in episode 3. Before that everyone just called her Mariah so I thought nothing of it.
But maybe you are right, cause they introduced Lealand Owlsly (the Owl) in Daredevil but never turned him into the owl... instead they set up that he was sending money to his son, so ppl are speculating his son might return as the actual superpowered owl despute the father having the correct name and backstory.

They might very well split certain characters like Black Mariah up into two characters, since we have already seen them merge two seperate characters (Claire Temple & Night Nurse) into a single role.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1. Vibranium wasn't earth born, but from a metorite that landed in Wakanda some long time ago. It's definitely "alien" in origin in the since that it's NOT from earth. Presumed to have been created from aliens.
2. It does vibrate breh. Where you think the name is derived from, lol! It nullfies pretty much anything and sound due to its vibration qualites.

Vibranium

Yeah I totally forgot it was a metorite... :russ: But They said Vibranium was hard to get a hold off because panther doesnt let that shyt get smuggled out...

Also we've seen hydra reverse engineer the chautauri tech in avengers 2. I wouldnt put it past hammer to have done the same shyt.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think all they showed was a kiss. There was nothing concrete shown and it was left to the imagination.
When they show peeps on the bed kissing and tussling then the next scene it's morning and they are putting on their clothes doesn't leave a lot to the imagination

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I'm on ep 5. Love the show but the casting is mad hit or miss. Cottonmouth, Mariah , Pops, Misty, the other old head from the shop are great. 10/10 casting and acting. That said my man Luke is off and on. He says his lines so unnaturally sometimes its distracting. Its like he's taking a class on dictation and pronounces every single syllable so clearly it sounds like he's reading. There was some line where he said something like 'why do you think they would do that' and pronounced every word so clearly it took me back a bit. Just wish he was a bit more natural. That said it ain't like there's a ton of big swole brothers that can act out there. I'd still give him like a 6 or 7 so it ain't like it ruins the show, just an observation

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Oh and my reviews
Very good show, from the women to the music to the majority black cast. I give it an 8.5-9 out of 10 its tied with JJ to me cause I loved the psycho serial killer vibe JJ had but behind DD s2 (i liked 2 better than 1) I cant wait for the next marvel netflix show..

P.s is there going to be a season 2 of this and JJ, or are they going straight into Iron fist then the defenders? What about season 3 of daredevil ?

Most likely in 2018. Iron Fist is definitely next, then Defenders and Punisher. Then in 2018 Jessica Jones Season 2 and Daredevil Season 3.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
1. Vibranium wasn't earth born, but from a metorite that landed in Wakanda some long time ago. It's definitely "alien" in origin in the since that it's NOT from earth. Presumed to have been created from aliens.
2. It does vibrate breh. Where you think the name is derived from, lol! It nullfies pretty much anything and sound due to its vibration qualites.

Vibranium
I haven't been into comics since my early teen years (im 30+ now). I really appreciate yall that stayed into it and can drop little gems like this easily. It definitely adds to the conversation.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I totally forgot it was a metorite... :russ: But They said Vibranium was hard to get a hold off because panther doesnt let that shyt get smuggled out...

Also we've seen hydra reverse engineer the chautauri tech in avengers 2. I wouldnt put it past hammer to have done the same shyt.

Yeah, i wasn't contesting your theory of the judas joint, just your vibranium comments, lol.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Vibranium
lowkey i was hyped thinkin they were about to name drop "vibranium" during that scene :russ:
would've been a nice lil easter egg had they said it

Klaw is the connect :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Damn they got some fine women on this show.
r6aXIvt.png

In fact I need to meet up with them for some coffee.
y8cURCt.png

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'm on ep 5. Love the show but the casting is mad hit or miss. Cottonmouth, Mariah , Pops, Misty, the other old head from the shop are great. 10/10 casting and acting. That said my man Luke is off and on. He says his lines so unnaturally sometimes its distracting. Its like he's taking a class on dictation and pronounces every single syllable so clearly it sounds like he's reading. There was some line where he said something like 'why do you think they would do that' and pronounced every word so clearly it took me back a bit. Just wish he was a bit more natural. That said it ain't like there's a ton of big swole brothers that can act out there. I'd still give him like a 6 or 7 so it ain't like it ruins the show, just an observation
there is nothing wrong with being well spoken how he speaks on the show is how hes spoken in other roles and real life. Your problem is that he sounds more like a public school teacher than a hoodlum around the way doesn't mean hes speaking unnatural lol that's some bizzaro shyt. I did have a problem with the casting when he was announced but as long as he didn't sound like urkel and has base in his voice it was :ld: