The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Oh and my reviews
Very good show, from the women to the music to the majority black cast. I give it an 8.5-9 out of 10 its tied with JJ to me cause I loved the psycho serial killer vibe JJ had but behind DD s2 (i liked 2 better than 1) I cant wait for the next marvel netflix show..

P.s is there going to be a season 2 of this and JJ, or are they going straight into Iron fist then the defenders? What about season 3 of daredevil ?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I just found out Simone Missick, Misty, is married to Dorian Missick who is another actor who needs more work. He's in one of my favorite movies, Lucky Number Slevin.

And since you guys all have Netflix, I'd suggest you check out a movie called Big Words. It sure as hell ain't the best movie in the world but I watched it cause he's the star of it and Yaya DaCosta's in it.

I remember him from Slevin, but moreso from SouthLAnd (show is gone too soon :mjcry:)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after talking to a couple of homies, we all came to the conclusion that Cottonmouth isnt dead. We never saw his body at Sporlocks. Yeah shades pounded on his face but we never saw it during the police scene for confirmation. It could be wishful thinking but reading the wiki, there were two versions of his character, which in one his neck and jaw were bionically replaced and he had strength like Cage. Now they could change this and have Stryker become this for season 2, but something tells me Cottonmouth makes a return. His death doesn't feel as complete as the others in DD and JJ.

Damn u right breh. Every major death in the show we saw the body at the parlor or a funeral and with him we got neither. Maybe it wasnt in budget for a 2nd big funeral but since when does a gangster figure die in harlem without a gold casket and all them musical guests showing up to pay respect. At least i hope

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh and my reviews
Very good show, from the women to the music to the majority black cast. I give it an 8.5-9 out of 10 its tied with JJ to me cause I loved the psycho serial killer vibe JJ had but behind DD s2 (i liked 2 better than 1) I cant wait for the next marvel netflix show..

P.s is there going to be a season 2 of this and JJ, or are they going straight into Iron fist then the defenders? What about season 3 of daredevil ?
Jessica Jones has a season 2 coming

So im assuming

Iron Fist, Defenders, JJ S2

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Ending pissed me off.

So basically the bad guys win, Misty gets humiliated again and Luke is carried off to prison. Where the fukk is the payoff at? A season finale is suppose to have a payoff. Luke whooping his brother's ass is not enough of a payoff. The crooked politician chick needed to go down now after everything she's done. Not wait until season 2 where this is all obviously heading to.

Just sat there in disappointment, anger and looked at the screen like :francis:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
after talking to a couple of homies, we all came to the conclusion that Cottonmouth isnt dead. We never saw his body at Sporlocks. Yeah shades pounded on his face but we never saw it during the police scene for confirmation. It could be wishful thinking but reading the wiki, there were two versions of his character, which in one his neck and jaw were bionically replaced and he had strength like Cage. Now they could change this and have Stryker become this for season 2, but something tells me Cottonmouth makes a return. His death doesn't feel as complete as the others in DD and JJ.

Nah

Cottonmouth was just a starter boss. He's done. He posed no threat to Cage unlike Mariah and Diamondback which is why they were brought in at the halfway point to change it up. I thought Diamondback would eventually come in and kill him for constantly messing up. Instead they gave it to Mariah which was the show's most shocking moment. No one saw that coming.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Luke Cage stay winning, my manz wins the award for most cheeks clapped :banderas:

His body count includes Jessica Jones :huhldup:, Misty Knight:takedat: and Claire gone have that thang waiting on him when he get out.:steviej:

When Claire brought up the coffee line again in the last episode and Luke was like I heard Cuban blend was very robust, then Claire gave him that look :shaq: and said you're corny but you're right. You knew she was about put that Cuban fire on him :whew:

I need me latina woman brehs :noah: :wow:

Also question: I know Claire was involved with DD first, but did he ever hit?? I don't remember that from DD Season 1:jbhmm:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Luke Cage stay winning, my manz wins the award for most cheeks clapped :banderas:

His body count includes Jessica Jones :huhldup:, Misty Knight:takedat: and Claire gone have that thang waiting on him when he get out.:steviej:

When Claire brought up the coffee line again in the last episode and Luke was like I heard Cuban blend was very robust, then Claire gave him that look :shaq: and said you're corny but you're right. You knew she was about put that Cuban fire on him :whew:

I need me latina woman brehs :noah: :wow:

Also question: I know Claire was involved with DD first, but did he ever hit?? I don't remember that from DD Season 1:jbhmm:
Nah, he didn't

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For once a superhero show where the villains are realistic. Like a organized gang, not just like a mad scientist an his workers or a rich guy and his security force

Diamondback is NOTHING realistic.... especially in that got-aweful outfit he was in at the final fight. Plus, the goons were TOO cliche. Fisk was actually a more realistic villain.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I see im in the minority again, the coli never fails..

Yea misty was bad, she had some nice, amazing t*ts and episode 1-5 she was perfect...
Then the crazy came out and that took her down some to me, Rosario played the perfect girlfriend ride or die chick and I started to like her more by the end of the series.. I am not mad at y'all for liking the new hot chick cuz she was hot, but I don't mind rosario at all, she acts like how I want my girl to act..

Although she has been kind of a b-level super hero pin cushion..
Yea the coli never fails... lol.. bc i already explained in the post prior to what u quoted why i preferred Misty, and it wasnt bc she was the "hot chick". Even mentioned my issue was with the show runners bait and switch with the character arcs halfway through and reiterated thrice that claire was cool... but i figured someone would still spin it :mjlol: But its cool, this is the coli after all :obama: