The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
nah...
mostly just inside jokes about her/reference to her..
you can watch afterwards..
JJ was a hard watch until about episode 9...
had to re watch some episodes because that shyt was so dry:russ:
I still haven't finished it. That shyt was not that good to me. And to see people hating on this shyt is absurd.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yall also seem to forget the fact of who they're fighting and their intents are not to actually seriously hurt anyone. Every fight they're showcasing heavy restraint.
Superman explained it best in the JLA show when he fought Darkseid. Supes talks about the world being like a cardboard box to him.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
luke shoulda smashed rshop jawn :lawd: she is so fine and chocolate. jesus

in the comic are misty and luke smashing on the rgular

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reba got killed for the flash drive by kilgrave and Jessica jones cause I guess they had reserch on how kilgrave got his powers

:ohhh: Ohh shyt i forgot all bout jessica jones connection. So justin hammer from iron man 2 is out of jail slangin weapons??? Cottonmouth was dope but im glad we got a real villain to fukk with cage mentally and physically. Im glad Dunn pearnsley still a creep in any error. I know he's not tony todd but he damn sure remind me of candy man

Oh and Madame counsel women is the real villain of this series. That political cunning and ruthlessness was top notch. Is she a real villain in the comics?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Even though I understand they were going for the unexpected twist... I feel they really never should of
have Cottonmouth die
... ESPECIALLY THAT EARLY in the season. I really disliked Diamondback... I couldn't buy that hammy performance... plus they did a POOR job to have his and Luke's connection emotionally tied... to which they did succeed to do with the relationship between Mariah & Cottonmouth.
Cottonmouth and Misty Knight were scene stealers. I've praised Misty on here already but Cornell was brilliant. I felt he was complex and sympathetic as a villain.

So similar to the Misty/Claire thing, killing Cottonmouth to elevate Mariah was another okie/doke bait and switch I didnt't like. I thought Luke, Misty and Cottonmouth worked great as the hero/love interest/villain trifecta, and that they just needed to throw some more layers of complexity in the overall plot.

Like, I think Diamondback would've worked better as a lone wolf assassin/"brother mouzone from the Wire" type who gets contracted by Cornell to kill Cage early on. Have him fire the rocket launcher in ep 3 -and have that be an ongoing subplot that reveals more about Cage's past with each attempt (with DB still being his brother too) and have all that be a subplot that runs concurrent to the main story.

Then the main story itself would open up as something bigger than just Cornel/Harlem, something that potentially ties into all the fukkery going on in Daredevil. I'd have had Cottonmouth find a way to get in on that at the end, to elevate himself, maybe even have Turk be a kinda "Claire" to bridge some of the gaps. Lay ground works for Cornell and Wilson Fisk sitting at the big boys table down the line.

^^I would've liked something more like that. As it is, I thought Misty and Cornell both did they damn thing but deserved more than what they got at the end. Tho Misty still has an opportunity