The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
HOW IS LUKE CAGE AN UNCLE TOM THO??? :dahell:

I didn't say he was or agree. I'm not that familiar with Luke Cage, I was still really excited for a black superhero show. Not knowing much about the show, you could see how that article would turn someone off watching it.

That dude misses so many points in his bizarre fixation on the Luke Cage character not being a fan of the usage of the word "nikka/******".
This line alone makes it seem like he didn't even watch the show but rather had people tell him about it instead:

They showed how black folks distrust the police and have every right to do so. It wasn't ignored at all.

Interesting. Like I said I was just curious what people thought about this subject before I dedicated 12 hours to watch this show. Is there any more points in his article that you guys disagree with?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I just read this article right before I was about to check out the show. Anyone who watched it agrees with it? It's killed my buzz to even want to watch the show, but I've yet to see any comment on the coli saying the same thing. Anyone agree with the author? Basically calling Luke Cage an Uncle Tom

https://theringer.com/luke-cage-black-conservative-f5be622daf67#.hyigmjkld
You sound stupid as fukk breh. Watch it for yourself at least don't let some article make you not want to watch the show to form your own opinion. Also if an article killed your buzz to watch something you sound mad weak. Hopefully you give it a chance to form your own views

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Episode 5

Jidenna song kinda hard

34.gif

I plead the eighth :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Oh NOWWW Shades recognizes him :comeon:
Not kinda my brotha that track was FIRE LOONNNGHH LIVEEE THE Chief!:wow:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was dope but an inconsistently, at times cringe-worthy, written, editing and pacing mess of a show. It's like for everything that's BRILLIANT, there's always something you either had to roll your eyes at, shake your head from, or just get absolutely frustrated towards. The main SAVING GRACE of the show is the strong performances by the women and the music. But this at times tried TOO DAMN HARD in being one of those cheesy blackploitation flick... I was waiting for Black Dynamite to appear at any moment. There had to be some kind of proper balance and I felt that between episodes 4-8 had that RIGHT BALANCE of it paying homage to those 70's blackploitation movies as well as being its own thing with consistensy.... but truthfully, when they swerve episode happened everything from that was a bunch of filler vs over-the-top mockery of blackploitation. I almost had to cut off Netflix for a second after I've heard Shades say "whutchu talkin' 'bout, Willis".... It was too much... too forced... even the DWYCK line, it was cool, but didn't sound natural at all.... A lot things with the bottom end of this season was just frustrating. That said... overall it was still enjoyable. But they REALLY need to fix a lot of things if there's to be a season 2.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Really? What reference was there to Reeva IN JJ? Spoiler it if you want I've seen it already, must've forgot
Bro. Reeve's death is what tortures Jessica Jones. How do you not remember this? It's the focal point of the exposition. :francis:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This show was dope but an inconsistently, at times cringe-worthy, written, editing and pacing mess of a show. It's like for everything that's BRILLIANT, there's always something you either had to roll your eyes at, shake your head from, or just get absolutely frustrated towards. The main SAVING GRACE of the show is the strong performances by the women and the music. But this at times tried TOO DAMN HARD in being one of those cheesy blackploitation flick... I was waiting for Black Dynamite to appear at any moment. There had to be some kind of proper balance and I felt that between episodes 4-8 had that RIGHT BALANCE of it paying homage to those 70's blackploitation movies as well as being its own thing with consistensy.... but truthfully, when they swerve episode happened everything from that was a bunch of filler vs over-the-top mockery of blackploitation. I almost had to cut off Netflix for a second after I've heard Shades say "whutchu talkin' 'bout, Willis".... It was too much... too forced... even the DWYCK line, it was cool, but didn't sound natural at all.... A lot things with the bottom end of this season was just frustrating. That said... overall it was still enjoyable. But they REALLY need to fix a lot of things if there's to be a season 2.
Im not gonna disagree with you cause you aint say anything wrong.
But ill say this tho...
If you are a fan of the book (the 1st hero for hire series from the 70s) youll kinda get what theyre aiming for with this show
Cause truth be told the book is cheesey as fukk!! Lol
I mean its dope! But you know how the blaxploitation shyts be.
You gotta take it for what it is.
Alot of silliness that you just chuckle at and keep it moving
shyt, even the new Cage and Iron Fist books are silly.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Bro. Reeve's death is what tortures Jessica Jones. How do you not remember this? It's the focal point of the exposition. :francis:
Easy answer he never watched the damn show and doesn't plan to so wanted the spoiler. No way you don't recall the storyline that essentially tied Luke and Jessica together

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not gonna disagree with you cause you aint say anything wrong.
But ill say this tho...
If you are a fan of the book (the 1st hero for hire series from the 70s) youll kinda get what theyre aiming for with this show
Cause truth be told the book is cheesey as fukk!! Lol
I mean its dope! But you know how the blaxploitation shyts be.
You gotta take it for what it is.
Alot of silliness that you just chuckle at and keep it moving
shyt, even the new Cage and Iron Fist books are silly.

Even though I understand they were going for the unexpected twist... I feel they really never should of
have Cottonmouth die
... ESPECIALLY THAT EARLY in the season. I really disliked Diamondback... I couldn't buy that hammy performance... plus they did a POOR job to have his and Luke's connection emotionally tied... to which they did succeed to do with the relationship between Mariah & Cottonmouth.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Even though I understand they were going for the unexpected twist... I feel they really never should of
have Cottonmouth die
... ESPECIALLY THAT EARLY in the season. I really disliked Diamondback... I couldn't buy that hammy performance... plus they did a POOR job to have his and Luke's connection emotionally tied... to which they did succeed to do with the relationship between Mariah & Cottonmouth.
Totally agree fam!
fukkin Diamondback was TURRIBLE!!!