The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just read this article right before I was about to check out the show. Anyone who watched it agrees with it? It's killed my buzz to even want to watch the show, but I've yet to see any comment on the coli saying the same thing. Anyone agree with the author? Basically calling Luke Cage an Uncle Tom

https://theringer.com/luke-cage-black-conservative-f5be622daf67#.hyigmjkld
That dude misses so many points in his bizarre fixation on the Luke Cage character not being a fan of the usage of the word "nikka/******".
This line alone makes it seem like he didn't even watch the show but rather had people tell him about it instead:
Any other uptown native might’ve been quicker to discover that Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD
They showed how black folks distrust the police and have every right to do so. It wasn't ignored at all.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I personally liked the psychological/noir style to it but it is important if you want to know about Reeva more.
Really? What reference was there to Reeva IN JJ? Spoiler it if you want I've seen it already, must've forgot

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
On page 70 and there is someone talking about a cliffhanger on episode 12
:snoop: That's why you can come in these shyts

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished binging this :whew: and overall really enjoyed it. Mostly non-spoiler talk

First off the music is great, I like the opening theme but the closing one that plays over the credits really jams :lawd:

Have to salute Simone Missick as Misty Knight. I knew she was going to be in the show, but didn't realize how central her character was going to be. In addition to being fine, I thought she handled all of her scenes well. That closing image we see of her :banderas:

Props to Alfre Woodard as well whose character had a lot of growth throughout the season and ended up surprising me.

Frankie Fasion hopping off the Banshee set and playing a pivotal role in the series :ehh:

The best part about Cages fighting is when he simply bonks people on the head and effortlessly takes them out :mjlol:

Have to :pachaha:for Cornell/Cottonmouth who had that trademark laugh and whose suit game stayed on point :obama:.

I didn't know a lot about Cages character going in, but I thought they did a good job in establishing where he is coming from and setting up his future path. If only my man could have gotten that coffee at the end :sas2:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
dude is acting like he don't know the only reason luke didn't get to have more crazy strength feats is because of tv show/netflix budget reason's,:francis:

the same reason's Jessica Jones doesn't fly in her show , and show off her real super strength level's:francis:

the same reason's daredevil doesn't have blind sonar vision& and swinging from building to building with his billy club:francis:
Yall also seem to forget the fact of who they're fighting and their intents are not to actually seriously hurt anyone. Every fight they're showcasing heavy restraint.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Is Iron Fist early or late 2017?

And those tweets are stupid, driving story Avenge the death of Pops and put Cottonmouth/Mariah in jail..

I would imagine it would be early 2017 with The Defenders being late 2017, although no release date has been given.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even though I ultimately ended up liking Dunn playing Diamondback..

I noticed the dude who played Uncle Pete is a really good actor.

Been watching House of Cards lately and both that actor and Ali (Cottonmouth) are on that show.
Low key he might have been the better choice to play Diamondback :patrice:

In fact maybe make Ali be Diamondback instead of Cottonmouth. Then make the guy who played Uncle Pete be Cottonmouth.

Again I like the actor. But he's the weakest among those three. :manny:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Replacing one snake for another was a mistake

Diamondwack:stopitslime:

That pun is as corny as the nikkas acting

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Episode 5

Jidenna song kinda hard

34.gif

I plead the eighth :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Oh NOWWW Shades recognizes him :comeon:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Episode 5

Jidenna song kinda hard

34.gif

I plead the eighth :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Oh NOWWW Shades recognizes him :comeon:

in shades defense ... Luke .. I mean carl had full afro and beard in the joint and he was completely bald with a goatee and this was at least 5 years later..

and im gonna need a OST for this cause these songs a bananas