The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
how much stronger is LC than Steve Rogers in the comics? I know Cap is a soldier but why couldn't they copy some of Cap's fighting style from the movies?
Luke Cage is around The Thing level of super-strength in the comics. If he did Cap's fighting style dudes heads and limbs would be getting ripped off.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Well he had been working for Pops for 5 months by the time the show starts so its obvious that something had happened between the last ep of Jessica Jones and the first ep of Luke Cage that had him moving to Harlem.
Nah I think he means cage seems fresh from lockup in his series taking odd jobs left and right like "Luke cage" has a record. Whereas in jj he is like a model civilian with a business living his life in peace

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah, even after JJ dropped, people all over social media was talking about it and everybody was watching it. Here? Not many people on my TL are talking about it and I follow over 400+.

Smells kinda like :mjpls:
Bu Bu but it's part of the MCU

:francis:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah, even after JJ dropped, people all over social media was talking about it and everybody was watching it. Here? Not many people on my TL are talking about it and I follow over 400+.

Smells kinda like :mjpls:

White people like Skinny Drug addicted white girls for some reason :mjpls:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Just finished it today super dope series I'm watching it again now to pick up on things that i might've missed..I wonder how this will carry over into the Defenders definitely can't wait for that. I'm not really sure how Iron Fist is going to do seeing i'm not really familiar with the character but this right here is changing things in a positive way :wow:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
how much stronger is LC than Steve Rogers in the comics? I know Cap is a soldier but why couldn't they copy some of Cap's fighting style from the movies?

Luke's powers is from a variation of the super soldier serum .. since Luke was already strong i would say he's more powerful than Cap because the serum i believe amplifies your current abilities

but as far as the show.. i think the fights and some of the action is done "corny" on purpose to mimic the 70s style blaxploitation flicks...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah I think he means cage seems fresh from lockup in his series taking odd jobs left and right like "Luke cage" has a record. Whereas in jj he is like a model civilian with a business living his life in peace
He was just the bartender at that bar in Jessica Jones wasn't he?