The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
after talking to a couple of homies, we all came to the conclusion that Cottonmouth isnt dead. We never saw his body at Sporlocks. Yeah shades pounded on his face but we never saw it during the police scene for confirmation. It could be wishful thinking but reading the wiki, there were two versions of his character, which in one his neck and jaw were bionically replaced and he had strength like Cage. Now they could change this and have Stryker become this for season 2, but something tells me Cottonmouth makes a return. His death doesn't feel as complete as the others in DD and JJ.

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money
Even tho I dont mind Claire and Luke. I dont like how they did misty at all. But of course I understand why. It may sound petty but Im not sure I can support next season Im sick of the swirl shyt. Its over saturated. Plus the dude thats suppose to be Danny is the gay boy from g.o.t. Lmao. Overall tho I thought the season was alright. I did at times think Luke was too preachy compared to the comics but whatever. Shades and Mariah were hard to watch because both of their acting fell extremely flat for me. I wish they would have explored misty and luke together alot more since they went tho the trouble of bringing them together but oh well. Overall not bad I give the first season of Luke Cage a 2.5 to a low 3 of out 5.

Plus its was awesome seeing so many beautiful black women on this season. Very cool

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The black women on this show
s50yprd.gif
nikka you ain't t lying. Everyone from the the cop to the young kid mother. shyt is amazing.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
after talking to a couple of homies, we all came to the conclusion that Cottonmouth isnt dead. We never saw his body at Sporlocks. Yeah shades pounded on his face but we never saw it during the police scene for confirmation. It could be wishful thinking but reading the wiki, there were two versions of his character, which in one his neck and jaw were bionically replaced and he had strength like Cage. Now they could change this and have Stryker become this for season 2, but something tells me Cottonmouth makes a return. His death doesn't feel as complete as the others in DD and JJ.
I hope so. Too good of an actor to leave so soon.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
The music was hit or miss, they should have shown more love to some younger R&B acts that could fit the show's theme. I'm not saying throw Tinashe on there but Solange, Laura Mvula, or Alice Smith would have fit.

I disgree about this - you're talking about a club in the 70's mould. They needed that upfront, unfiltered old skool soul to pull of the Blaxploitation vibe.

I feel like the artists you mentioned would probably be better suited for a Misty spin-off if they do one.

Also Sharon Jones, who sang on the last song is fighting cancer - this might be the last big thing she does :mjcry:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
i don't expect his fight scenes to get better, because he's so strong he automatically has to hold back like jessica jones. i kept wondering why the beat downs looked so casual in her show and its because they can kill with a single punch.

It was a great excuse to have him walking around pimp slapping goons :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Even tho I dont mind Claire and Luke. I dont like how they did misty at all. But of course I understand why. It may sound petty but Im not sure I can support next season Im sick of the swirl shyt. Its over saturated.

I wish they would have explored misty and luke together alot more since they went tho the trouble of bringing them together but oh well

Plus its was awesome seeing so many beautiful black women on this season. Very cool

C/s all the above. And with the bold, it was weird how they played it out: it's as if they started with one clear direction in mind and gave it the right buildup... only to change their mind halfway with the okie doke / bait and switch. Rosario was cool but Simone is A1 sauce

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
i don't expect his fight scenes to get better, because he's so strong he automatically has to hold back like jessica jones. i kept wondering why the beat downs looked so casual in her show and its because they can kill with a single punch.
how much stronger is LC than Steve Rogers in the comics? I know Cap is a soldier but why couldn't they copy some of Cap's fighting style from the movies?