The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
how much stronger is LK than Steve Rogers in the comics? I know Cap is a soldier but why couldn't they copy some of Cap's fighting style from the movies?

Luke would bodied Cap no problem. Remember that Luke's skin indestructible, Cap's shield will probably bounce off him. Cap is basically a human being at it's peak strength wise

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
after talking to a couple of homies, we all came to the conclusion that Cottonmouth isnt dead. We never saw his body at Sporlocks. Yeah shades pounded on his face but we never saw it during the police scene for confirmation. It could be wishful thinking but reading the wiki, there were two versions of his character, which in one his neck and jaw were bionically replaced and he had strength like Cage. Now they could change this and have Stryker become this for season 2, but something tells me Cottonmouth makes a return. His death doesn't feel as complete as the others in DD and JJ.
You are right when you said wishful thinking. His death was the kind they give a character the masses wanted dead so bad (only most of us didnt)

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
tumblr_oeerwwUNk31s598uio1_500.jpg
tumblr_oeersuHE391s598uio1_1280.jpg
tumblr_obih0a7syx1s5eg57o1_400.gif
tumblr_obih0a7syx1s5eg57o2_400.gif
tumblr_oe52hzOxGX1vd6nt8o4_400.gif
tumblr_oe52hzOxGX1vd6nt8o8_400.gif
tumblr_oe8qc2Qp9u1rjupavo2_400.jpg
tumblr_oe8qc2Qp9u1rjupavo1_400.jpg
tumblr_oaptqhFw5N1tctq75o2_500.png
This woman is absolutely delicious......shes a scene stealer too.....

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I still like JJ over this but this was consistent the entire season and connected to the MCU more than any other netflix show. JJ dipped in quality halfway through the season, came back and had a lackluster ending. DD acts like it's not apart of the MCU. Cage isn't afraid of showing off its comic, blaxploitation and 70s origins. :bless:

This soundtrack is insane too.
I struggle with deciding this because JJ had more highs and wtf moments and I love psychological thrillers but then when I weigh up the shortcomings like the way it ended whereas with LC I can't call it. Coupled with the efforts LC made with music, black history, social commentary:whew: can't in good conscience deny it that title. Netflix/marvel ain't made a show as consistent in quality writing wise as LC was. Easiest binge ever

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix/marvel has like 4 other shows and I like to use DD s1 as a gauger, 24 hrs after its release the innernets were ablaze. All the reviews for Luke have been from the critics who got it early
Yeah, even after JJ dropped, people all over social media was talking about it and everybody was watching it. Here? Not many people on my TL are talking about it and I follow over 400+.

Smells kinda like :mjpls:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Felt the same way in the beginning

Didn't know if it was a prequel or not until Claire showed up

Well he had been working for Pops for 5 months by the time the show starts so its obvious that something had happened between the last ep of Jessica Jones and the first ep of Luke Cage that had him moving to Harlem.