The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Just finished watching the series it's cool but it definitely needs some improvements for the next season. Definitely in the fight/stunt choreography parts for sure, they need to get a little more creative in this department. I do like it's mostly black cast which is great to see. The females on the show are really good looking too. What's up with R. Dawson hooking up with every TV MCU character? Don't tell me she going to hook up with the dude in Iron Fist next?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This series is the most connected to the MCU so far
Beside the point my comment was actually in reference to a dude who argued with me that blax support their own shyt and that this being in the MCU was enough (as it would get everyone's support) for their to be no problems.
Well the proof is in the pudding, racism is real and this having the marvel tag isn't enough to not scare cac from not watching because they deem it "too ethnic". There aren't enough blax supporting this that are going to push this to OTNB numbers

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I've been power watching this since last night. I'm on episode 8. I don't really like the Marvel shows, but this one is pretty dope. I'm surprised it's not on HBO with all the HBO actors on it. This mufukka Dunn Purnsley always gotta play the antagonist :martin:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beside the point my comment was actually in reference to a dude who argued with me that blax support their own shyt and that this being in the MCU was enough (as it would get everyone's support) for their to be no problems.
Well the proof is in the pudding, racism is real and this having the marvel tag isn't enough to scare cac from not watching because they deem it "too ethnic". There aren't enough blax supporting this that are going to push this to OTNB numbers
I'm feeling this is the case too unfortunately. I've only seen it trending one day on Twitter and then it dropped off.

Hopefully this isn't an indicator for what the BP film will contend with.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It's interesting that I'm seeing some non-Black minorities saying that they couldn't connect to the show(implying that there was some cultural disconnect), but had no problem with DD or JJ.
wow what races we talking about?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
nikka you ain't t lying. Everyone from the the cop to the young kid mother. shyt is amazing.

Even the one strung out junkie chick was :whew:

Might catch that monster fukking around with her though :whoa:
I was gonna say the same thing about that fiend. She was banging too lol

OAN- My girl had never heard Dwyck so she was asking what it stood for and had me :jbhmm: so I googled it and found out it stands for Do What You Can Kid:ohhh: I never knew that

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix Luke Cage wasn't that strong. :martin:

but you right about the comics he stronger than cap. But Thing is far stronger than Luke Cage I aint conceding that.

No way MCU Cap is taking a car head on. He kicked that jeep in CW but didn't destroy it. Luke would have.

Cap is stronger than his comic book incarnation, but still not on Luke's level. Luke would have ripped the entire leg off that chopper.

to be fair .. cap was also working off emotion which gives anybody's adrenaline an added boost
dude is acting like he don't know the only reason luke didn't get to have more crazy strength feats is because of TV Show/Netflix budget reason's, :francis:

the same reason's Jessica Jones doesn't fly in her show , and show off her real super strength level's she's basically a quarter the strength superman/ supergirl type character physically:francis:

the same reason's they don't show daredevil's blind sonar vision and him swing from building to building with his billy club:francis:

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I wonder if theyll have Squirrel Girl being Cage and JJ babysitter like in the books :ohhh:

And is Hellcat gonna get her powers??