The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Luke Cage is around The Thing level of super-strength in the comics. If he did Cap's fighting style dudes heads and limbs would be getting ripped off.
Yeah I don't think he's THAT strong. In the comics, Ben Grimm is like 3rd behind Hulk and Thor in terms of strength. And he(Grimm) knocked Hulk out once. And even Cap is far beyond Cage, I think. Luke Cage is pretty much a street level crime fighter. He would get fukked up pretty bad in the MCU.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah I don't think he's THAT strong. In the comics, Ben Grimm is like 3rd behind Hulk and Thor in terms of strength. And he(Grimm) knocked Hulk out once. And even Cap is far beyond Cage, I think. Luke Cage is pretty much a street level crime fighter. He would get fukked up pretty bad in the MCU.
Cage is WAY stronger than Cap! :comeon:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I've been watching this and got up to episode 5 but I think I'm done, I think the show is good .
so far Cottonmouth as a villain has been.... lacking Luke is bullet proof and so far he hasn't done anything to show he's any threat to luke in reality
I think the show is going for a black sploitation vibe, but 70s movies are also so boring, and I never watched any black sploitation movies, it feels like black dynamite played straight.
The most enjoyable parts of the show are when they talk movies or sports, fist of legend is a classic and I've been in plenty of barber shop talks like how the show starts.
I think i'm done with this show for now

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I've been watching this and got up to episode 5 but I think I'm done, I think the show is good .
so far Cottonmouth as a villain has been.... lacking Luke is bullet proof and so far he hasn't done anything to show he's any threat to luke in reality
I think the show is going for a black sploitation vibe, but 70s movies are also so boring, and I never watched any black sploitation movies, it feels like black dynamite played straight.
The most enjoyable parts of the show are when they talk movies or sports, fist of legend is a classic and I've been in plenty of barber shop talks like how the show starts.
I think i'm done with this show for now
:gladbron: watch across 110 st when you get the chance. Its the only blaxploitation flick that hasn't aged

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Luke Cage is around The Thing level of super-strength in the comics. If he did Cap's fighting style dudes heads and limbs would be getting ripped off.
Yeah I don't think he's THAT strong. In the comics, Ben Grimm is like 3rd behind Hulk and Thor in terms of strength. And he knocked Hulk out once. And even Cap is far beyond Cage, I think. Luke Cage is pretty much a street level crime fighter. He would get fukked up pretty bad in the MCU.
Cage is WAY stronger than Cap! :comeon:
nikka what?:what:luke cage is way stronger then captain America and shyt ain't even close breh
knocking the hell out the thing
1WJ7ccz.jpg

Lifts and Throws a Bulldozer
ciwkMhe.jpg

Carries a fully stocked 18 wheeler 7 blocks with no strain
yINatU8.jpg

Luke Cage not being stronger then captain America? negro please

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
nikka what?:what:luke cage is way stronger then captain America and shyt ain't even close breh
knocking the hell out the thing
1WJ7ccz.jpg

Lifts and Throws a Bulldozer
ciwkMhe.jpg

Carries a fully stocked 18 wheeler 7 blocks with no strain
yINatU8.jpg

Luke Cage not being stronger then captain America? negro please

Netflix Luke Cage wasn't that strong. :martin:

but you right about the comics he stronger than cap. But Thing is far stronger than Luke Cage I aint conceding that.

The Thing's primary superhuman power is his great physical strength. Initially, he was only strong enough to rate as a class 5. Over the years, through rigorous training and further mutation, his strength dramatically increased to the point where he rated as a class 85. (The rating system is only for comparing characters with each other, and should not remotely be taken literally.) His latest rating put him as class 100. His feats include successfully holding back a giant alien spacecraft from jettisoning from Earth,[38] lifting an oil rig and stopping a multiple story building (weighing roughly 30,000 tons) from falling over and lifting it back into place.[39] Another feats include holding bridges main cables together for an extended period (which support about 10,000 tons).[40][41] The most impressive feat was to overpower a pile driver mechanism stated to be powerful enough to push through a planet

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
already conceded that. I was basing this off the MCU/Netflix. Where we saw Cap hold that damn helicopter down. :yeshrug: But I'll concede that.

No way MCU Cap is taking a car head on. He kicked that jeep in CW but didn't destroy it. Luke would have.

Cap is stronger than his comic book incarnation, but still not on Luke's level. Luke would have ripped the entire leg off that chopper.