The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Good series, DD season 1 is still the best comic book adaption I've seen on the small screen. But overall they got the feeling of Harlem down, I do find it interesting that they ignore the gentrification though. The only two gripes I had was the music and the clothes.

Harlem especially cats from the Westside are known for their loud, expressive, but still fly form of gear, it is one of the things that made Paid in Full so great. Having the goons just rocking all Black bummy ass gear with big chains irked me, even the young boy who sold the DVD's aint dress like he was from uptown.

The music was hit or miss, they should have shown more love to some younger R&B acts that could fit the show's theme. I'm not saying throw Tinashe on there but Solange, Laura Mvula, or Alice Smith would have fit.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo4_250.gif
tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo3_250.gif

tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo5_250.gif
tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo6_250.gif

tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_oeeydnB5SQ1sc0ffqo2_r1_250.gif

There's a couple more

"My turn :demonic:" after being shot with the grenade. And of course "I'm Luke Cage" in front of a horde of reporters

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just finished watching it.

Simon / Mercedes Knight is gorgeous, charismatic, and fierce :wow:. They were rough on ol girl a lotta times, but it sets her up for a great redemption arc.

With that said:

I thought Claire was great but I did not like her being the love interest over Misty at the end. They had Luke smash Misty in the very first ep and early on gave em nice chemistry and sexual tension, but from there they essentially regulate her to one-and-done side chick status in favor of Rosario. The night nurse is cool b/c she ties all the shows together but Misty is badder, was the heroic black female lead and didn't deserve to be left out in the cold watchin all that cuddly shyt at the end. She took a lot of Ls, relationships and on the job, but, again, it can be a great setup for her if she comes out on top in season 2. Especially now that Marvel and netflix realize how popular she is to fans.

But the idea of the first black female superhero in the MCU being smutted out by Cage and then falling in love with a blonde white guy who does karate :scust:

Meanwhile, gotta deal with a Jessica/Claire/Cage love triangle :scust:

Netflix better have a plan to do right by her

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They knew what they were doing casting her then, sad shyt as I find the actor playing iron fist irksome
They're likely going to pair Danny Rand with Colleen, the asian chick. She's the female lead for Iron Fist.

In the comics, Misty Knight is in a relationship with Sam Wilson / Falcon. Only problem of course is Falcon/Anthony Mackie is in the movie-verse, so that's not happening any time soon.