The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This shyt dragged like a motherfukker in the end though.

:ehh:

I thougt it was cool - I turned it off and went to bed last night and came back to the last episodes fresh this morning.

I don't think the answer to sorting out the pacing is shoe horning a mystical Kung Fu White boy into the middle of a story about Harlem though :manny:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
:ehh:

I thougt it was cool - I turned it off and went to bed last night and came back to the last episodes fresh this morning.

I don't think the answer to sorting out the pacing is shoe horning a mystical Kung Fu White boy into the middle of a story about Harlem though :manny:

IDK anything about iron fist though. I just think a real tangible partner woulda done good for the show.

Show ended up fire though. Now Luke needs Matts help and its gonna come full circle when defenders comes out :blessed:

Daps
Love it so far. It's going to suck when Iron Fist comes into the picture and Luke Cage is left with some foul mouthed giraffe necked broad who looks like a heroin addict. Still don't like shades manipulating all the gangsters when he supposed to be an incompetent goon.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
although i dont see why you brought up a 10 yr old movie, or an african film luckily, luke cage is like wire, power, and empire, with a superhero twist. so we dont have to worry about that :coffee:
so we are being selective with what's "black". If you think a show or movie will only survive on black support have at it :ld:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so we are being selective with what's "black". If you think a show or movie will only survive on black support have at it :ld:
uh, yeah im selective if one of your best examples has nothing to do with black americans. also, shows/movies can survive off predominately black audiences. empire, scandal, power, and all these reality tv shows have taught us that

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Love it so far. It's going to suck when Iron Fist comes into the picture and Luke Cage is left with some foul mouthed giraffe necked broad
you talking about claire? Don't know where she cussed to be called foul mouthed but yeah I feel Luke kind of took a significant downgrade even though she seems like a "barbara". Was not feeling how they just saddled them together like they were starcrossed. Luke should be a player having his pick of the litter. And compared to all the others Rosario kind of looks long in the tooth.
Still don't like shades manipulating all the gangsters when he supposed to be an incompetent goon.
what gave you that idea?

Daps
you talking about claire? Don't know where she cussed to be called foul mouthed but yeah I feel Luke kind of took a significant downgrade even though she seems like a "barbara". Was not feeling how they just saddled them together like they were starcrossed. Luke should be a player having his pick of the litter. And compared to all the others Rosario kind of looks long in the tooth.what gave you that idea?
In the comics Luke Cage is married to Jessica Jones. In the comics shades is just some stupid black goon who gets slapped around by Luke Cage. The show changed him to this intellectual mastermind who controls all the other gangsters from the shadows. When he was controlling cottenmouth I was like:stopitslime: but then he starts controlling black Mariah and getting over on Diamondback :camby:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
uh, yeah im selective if one of your best examples has nothing to do with black americans. also, shows/movies can survive off predominately black audiences. empire, scandal, power, and all these reality tv shows have taught us that
There is a fundamental difference between surviving off "predominantly" black support and "solely" off black support. And the fact that the belief black americans should support queen of katwe is a foreign concept to you is saddening to say the least. Kind of makes my point

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is a fundamental difference between surviving off "predominantly" black support and "solely" off black support. And the fact that the belief black americans should support queen of katwe is a foreign concept to you is saddening to say the least. Kind of makes my point

LC doesnt have to worry about surviving solely off black support. its apart of the damn marvel universe.

wat point are you trying to make? do you even know?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_oee7kmMYiv1sqqqsqo1_500.gif

tumblr_oee7kmMYiv1sqqqsqo2_500.gif

:pachaha: