The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just finished the final episode.

Just when I thought Black shows couldn't get any more fire this year.:wow:

shyt was an absolute joy to watch - far and away my favourite Netflix Marvel series. Potentially my favourite Netflix series period.

I had the same feeling watching this that I had when I watched Creed. It's Black genius doing what Black genius does.

Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge deserve an Emmy for the way they scored this. The whole soundtrack is super nuanced, and the songs they chose damn near narrate the story.

Mike Colter, Simone Missick and Rosario Dawson were so dope. I don't know if there was a weak link in the cast.

So many thoughts about this. Where it goes, what it sets up. Can't wait to talk to you brehs about it once everyone is finished.:ohlawd:

Daps
That kiss Black Mariah gave Shades is that lusty "I want some dikk kiss.":steviej:
Thought thay's where they were going. I bet shades outlives diamond back. A minor black bumbling henchman character gets changed white and becomes the intellectual cooly pulling all the other gangsters strings from the shadows.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Should have been a series about both Luke and iron fist.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
the person complained that the show was all black and that no other race was present. And Jewish is a religion: Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Goldberg are both white.
personally I think they are white too but there are obvious concentrated Jews that look fresh from Jerusalem, you can't tell me oded fehr is white.
Shades is a white boy...lol.
maybe in the comics but the actor is at least 1/4 black
Hispanic is not a race. Charlie Sheen is hispanic but he's white.
As Martin is caucasian Charlie sheen is half Hispanic so bad example. You can't tell me Rosie Perez or Jennifer Lopez are white. Lets look at these through the lenses of old germany and stop trying to be smartasses