The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:dahell: I've dudes really mad out here there NOT enough white people on TV?

They're white so they FEEL they are not being represented enough... :coffee: white people's logic. 90% of tv programs can be white they will still feel the 10% that's other is not DIVERSE enough... :comeon: which is some bullshyt.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:ohlawd:

BLAME bendis. He stuck Luke with ugly cac ass JJ to keep her relevant to the Marvel Universe. I'm actually glad the show put him with Claire (should've been Misty) and had JJ be the "rebound" chick instead of him pining about or trying to find his way back to that monstrosity of zombified white woman:scust:
Yo reaction when Black Panther hooks up with Black Widow is going to be epic :whew:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Deborah Ayorinde AKA Candace

MV5BMTkwOTQzMDQ4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2ODg0OTE@._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
latest
5779df6410d8b80ea94cac3431b4eba4.jpg
Absolutely+Fabulous+Movie+New+York+Premiere+N4Hcr42XjW1l.jpg
Deborah-Ayorinde-Model-Actress-3106.jpg
tumblr_o3wsvlAL0M1twdsfvo1_540.png

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
my thoughts
-so much blackness in this show....:blessed:
-dude playing shades nearly ruined this shyt with his horrible acting and trying to be mysterious and smirking with his fukking big ass jaw
-Alfre Woodard's horrible acting:mjlol:....she been the game to long to be so bad in this role
-Cottonmouth was dope as shyt. That dude can act his ass off. I didn't think I would like his character, but I was kind of upset that he died. Wanted to see ole boy get some powers
-Rosario is killing the Night Nurse role. She's perfect.
-this was damn near the Misty Night show. She was lowkey the star of this shyt. She did okay.
-glad they didn't get a Stan Lee cameo unless I missed it
-The plot was good but towards the end you could tell they were just going in circles for a while. There were scenes with like Shades/Diamondback/Mariah where there were just popping they necks at each other saying gibberish
-Marvel should have cut some of this shyt out and introduced Iron Fist or brought in Matt Murdock to speed up the tie-ins
-that Justin Hammer tie-in to the MCU was okay
-Overall great season though.
-oh, the music and performances:ohlawd:
-seeing this gives me hope that black panther will be
bobby-roode-glorious-wallpaper-fbcover.jpg

-that nikka Zip took like 30 L's :bryan:
-when Pops was like "man:flabbynsick:, I was a beast!":dead:
-Misty to the other sister-cop: "you just gone let her skeee-weeet up outta here?" :deadrose:
Stan cameo was on poster outside the bodega that Meth was in. And There was a flyer for Iron Fist dojo on the pole Claire was standing next to when they took Luke away at the end

quick question :
So pops was Cottonmouth's Father? :patrice:
?
Nah him and Pop was crew as youngins. It was them 2 and a 3rd cat. That was a pic of them 3 that Luke gave to Cornell at the club when they set up the parley.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I already mentioned this before, but they didnt even mention it on the show. If you just go by the show, he escaped from jail in Georgia and went straight to Harlem. They completly skipped over, or forgot about, his time in Manhattan. With all the other refrences, you'd think they'd at least mention it. It's like they completely skipped over the JJ series
Well Claire did tell her mom that he took a shotgun blast to the dome

Yo am I the only one that can't believe Alfre Woodard & Stokes are cousins? Like during the flashback they are closer in age. In the present time she is like 20+ years older than him. Did she go into the hyperbolic time chamber or something? Am I missing something here :jbhmm:
Yeah I peeped that too but just chalked it her and pop being closer in age as oped to her and cottonmouth. In the flashback pop look like he could give Uncle Pete that work. He looked grown as shyt compared to cottonmouth.