The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
So Spiderman will stop a purse snatcher in Brookyln but not in Harlem huh?
full

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So let's reflect:

My nikka Luke could've had Misty Knight
Simone-Missick.jpg

Was about to get some of Claire
rosario-dawson-1152x864-23597.jpg

But got married to, settled with, and had a daughter with Jessica Jones
article-2605981-1D243F2F00000578-200_634x815.jpg

Nah fukk all that...my nikka aint goin out like that :scust:

I'm willing to let recons be made.....this is a sham of the highest order :martin:

BLAME bendis. He stuck Luke with ugly cac ass JJ to keep her relevant to the Marvel Universe. I'm actually glad the show put him with Claire (should've been Misty) and had JJ be the "rebound" chick instead of him pining about or trying to find his way back to that monstrosity of zombified white woman:scust:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
BLAME bendis. He stuck Luke with ugly cac ass JJ to keep her relevant to the Marvel Universe. I'm actually glad the show put him with Claire (should've been Misty) and had JJ be the "rebound" chick instead of him pining about or trying to find his way back to that monstrosity of zombified white woman
Can't hate on Bendis; I read a bunch of his New Avengers and enjoyed it. Also, nobody else was putting Luke Cage front and center back then.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Seeing a lot of complaints about the cultural references on this show. :mjpls:
lol....I knew it was coming. And what's funny is like all the heroes and villians were black so its like black people cleaning up their neighborhood. Certain still people gonna find something. They even had look have the semi c00n speech towards the end of the season at the police station.

smh at these clowns.
-white dude was on the SWAT team
-asian crime lord at the meeting
-luke building was owned by asians
-white doctor gave luke powers
-shades is a major character....white
-white prison guard
-latino drug lords at the drug lord get together
-Scarf...white
-Misty new partner....white
-that other dirty cop...white
-dude in the store with Meth wasn't black

and that's just off the top of my head.

for fukk sake.These people always gotta put these super high moral standards on black people then turn around and exclude blacks from their shyt. How do you notice when your people aint the dominant group in something and get mad about it, then turn around and your baffled at black people being mad about the same exact thing?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished the series. Absolutely LOVED it. The only reason I'm not giving it an 10/10 is because I didn't really like the ending...

They somehow found a way to put the ****** BACK in jail:martin:

After ALL of that. It just felt..anticlimactic and really just stupid as hell.

But the rest of it. The acting, the soundtrack, the writing, all excellent.

I LOVED that THIS was written and presented by a black man. The messages scattered throughout the series were so poignant to the modern day black community I was actually surprised that Marvel actually allowed it. Some of the black pride speeches actually made me go:ohhh: at the sheer honesty. I said it earlier but at times it really felt like I was watching a Spike Lee directed "superhero" movie, and I loved every second...

Simone Missick is a revelation as Misty Knight. I hope she doesn't end up wenching with Iron Fist. Matter of fact they need to switch up a lot of the love interests because Luke Cage falling in love and marrying Jessica Jones seems downright outlandish after having watched this. I honestly thought Misty was going to lose her arm in the series, especially when her arm was bleeding so heavily, but maybe their saving it for a possible Misty Knight spin off:jbhmm:

Alfre Woodard was electric as Mariah. The only thing was I didn't think the series did quite a good enough job was with her trusting Shades in the end. This white boy just pops up out the blue and wants to be your right hand man? Even betraying Diamonback for you? :patrice:

The interconnectivity between the shows is nice. When minke characters like Turk or the black ADA pop up it really breathes life into the universe. I honestly think that these Netflix series do a better job of establishing the shared universe concept than the movies did when they were first starting out.

Diamondback was...interesting. They went left with his character and made him more of the comic book type villain when the series had already established a "The Wire" type tone with Cottonmouth. So to get used to the shift took an episode or two but Diamondback was ultimately a worthy foe. I'm glad he's still alive, along with Mariah so that we have some villains ready for a hopeful season 2.

Whoever casted such beautiful chocolate goddesses deserves an award. EVERY woman, whether they were walk on or not was fine as hell. Even Aisha's crazy ass:takedat:

Very much enjoyed the series. We've been OVERFED with the amount of quality black television/movies we've received this year and I'm not complaining one lick.

9/10

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
lol....I knew it was coming. And what's funny is like all the heroes and villians were black so its like black people cleaning up their neighborhood. Certain still people gonna find something. They even had look have the semi c00n speech towards the end of the season at the police station.

smh at these clowns.
-white dude was on the SWAT team
-asian crime lord at the meeting
-luke building was owned by asians
-white doctor gave luke powers
-shades is a major character....white
-white prison guard
-latino drug lords at the drug lord get together
-Scarf...white
-Misty new partner....white
-that other dirty cop...white
-dude in the store with Meth wasn't black

and that's just off the top of my head.

for fukk sake.These people always gotta put these super high moral standards on black people then turn around and exclude blacks from their shyt. How do you notice when your people aint the dominant group in something and get mad about it, then turn around and your baffled at black people being mad about the same exact thing?
If a primarily black show is making white people mad, it's doing something right :sas2:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I know but hear me out: he raps about comic book characters and his nickname is a comic book character. So him being an actual character in this universe just gave me a back to the future cross eyed situation
It's a show man lol Meth was spitting some ill shyt on Sway of all shows :banderas:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Wow after watching the entire 1st season of luke cage in 12 hours... My only question is...

When does season 2 start

We might never get one :francis:

Netflix/marvel has like 4 other shows and I like to use DD s1 as a gauger, 24 hrs after its release the innernets were ablaze. All the reviews for Luke have been from the critics who got it early
Can't let those blacks get too proud, can we? One season is enough :mjpls: