The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So Spiderman will stop a purse snatcher in Brookyln but not in Harlem huh?
full
Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man :mjpls:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If a primarily black show is making white people mad, it's doing something right :sas2:
Yeah but that anger could matriculate into low viewership and then we don't get a s2. We all know blax don't support their own shyt.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ima let you finish but
lol....I knew it was coming. And what's funny is like all the heroes and villians were black so its like black people cleaning up their neighborhood. Certain still people gonna find something. They even had look have the semi c00n speech towards the end of the season at the police station.

smh at these clowns.
-white dude was on the SWAT team
-asian crime lord at the meeting
-luke building was owned by asians
-white doctor gave luke powers
-shades is a major character....white

-white prison guard
-latino drug lords at the drug lord get together
-Scarf...white
-Misty new partner....white
-that other dirty cop...white
-dude in the store with Meth wasn't black

and that's just off the top of my head.

for fukk sake.These people always gotta put these super high moral standards on black people then turn around and exclude blacks from their shyt. How do you notice when your people aint the dominant group in something and get mad about it, then turn around and your baffled at black people being mad about the same exact thing?
-He was Jewish
-Mixed race
-Hispanic

:yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I swear the method man and Luke scene will go down as the funniest scene in the show.
Thought "what you talking about Willis" was better, so unexpected and diamonbacks reaction was priceless. Method bit was already spoilt in the trailer
Deborah Ayorinde AKA Candace

MV5BMTkwOTQzMDQ4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2ODg0OTE@._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
latest
5779df6410d8b80ea94cac3431b4eba4.jpg
Absolutely+Fabulous+Movie+New+York+Premiere+N4Hcr42XjW1l.jpg
Deborah-Ayorinde-Model-Actress-3106.jpg
tumblr_o3wsvlAL0M1twdsfvo1_540.png
is that her name? Never knew she was Nigerian :ohhh:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Was watching Episode 7 and then Netflix went down last night, y'all had issues too?

*spoilers ahead*

Loving this show right now and I'm not a huge Marvel fan.

Some things that don't make sense though:

-why would Scarfe kill Chico? It makes no sense if you think about it. Chico knew nothing, except that they went to do a robbery at a gun deal. If Scarfe killed him to protect Cottonmouth - in what way does he protect him by killing Chico?

-Scarfe comes in with food for himself and gives a roll with meat to his partner. She then leaves to Pop's memorial service, without eating the roll.

-It really took Shades that long to make the connection?

I was shocked af when Mariah stomped out
Mr. Stokes.

Does anybody know when they plan to drop Season 2? This is one of those 'I don't want to reach the end of the season and not have more to watch' shows.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I like that Cage's blackness is acknowledged and therefore part of his story without going for some sort of black lives matter stand-in or allegory. Because you know a lesser show would've went there.

Haven't finished the season yet; on episode 9.

What don't you like about it?

It just comes off as corny and forced. I didn't like the dare devil series either. :yeshrug:

Maybe you have to be a comic book head. :jbhmm: