The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Esmail became a gawd tonight
yea episode is one of the best in the series. there werent alot of active storylines but the shooting and attention to detail made up for it easily. I love it cause Esmail obviously feels as if this is a key moment in the series (stage 2) and made sure it was given a huge platform.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished the episode like :whew:. Non-stop momentum throughout.

All the little moments where both Elliot and Angela ran into trouble were great.

Elliot thinking the old lady wasn't going to know her computer shyt, until she gave him the :usure:- my firewalls are on point.

Him interrupting the sales meeting to dodge security, why everyone in the meeting looking like :ld:

I wonder if his bomb call to the building was taken seriously to get the people out :lupe:

The switch over to the rioters and Angela :wow:

Angela getting caught almost twice between the security guard and the lady until she got that Dark Army assist.

It seems like Stage 2 has to go off at this point and we are waiting for the boom which should come next week :lupe:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Great GREAT episode. In terms of story might be the weakest but every episode don't have to be full on story. The shots and tension in this episode was GOAT.

One thing though. How the fukk can Beta do a job that was hand crafted for Elliot?? Especially when she was a damn noob in season 1 when Trenton and Mobley tried to coach her through shyt?:lupe:

WHAT SHE HIDING??? :damn:

But yea this episode was all about Stage 2 and seeing how it unfolded was amazing.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
From Reddit

I know right, the cut off at 45 minutes caught me off guard. After revisiting the episode... I think many of us have been missing what actually happened here. Heres what you may have missed:

By demanding access to the computer from the guy with the Bernie sticker on his monitor, Elliot figured out that in order to save the data before hack 2.0 goes live, he needed to get to the floor with the saferoom that Angela was supposed to tell him about, but didn't. Elliot knew he'd need to get the financial data onto an external hard-drive, because its going to be destroyed by hack 2.0 and all the physical info will be blown up too. At this point those outcomes are a forgone forgone conclusion to Elliot, then he gets forced out of the building, and immediately calls the building facing explosion and warns them about the bomb, then deals with Darlene.

Then he snuck back in after the protestors got through security, off camera, and goes up to that room, BUT doesn't arrive there until after Angela (stay tuned).

Why would Whiterose give ELLIOT this job? Whiterose knows about Elliot's split personality, so does Irving, and they wouldn't be naive enough to have Elliot (who's clearly in Elliot mode, hence the weekend sleepover with Angela and Tyrell) try to further stage 2. The directions clearly involved storing the financial data, about to be lost to the hack plus bomb on paper copy building, onto an external hard drive, something that he would have been down to do because that could be used to undo the damage.

Angela fukked up when she didnt answer Elliot's call. He already knew what needed to be done, and managed to get back in the building after the protestors broke in. She could have told him she had a way to reverse and he would been like, im already on that. Why did she do that? She didn't want Elliot to know she was subverting him via mr Robot and was in bed with the Dark Army. So she did it herself.

Right after she exits the safe-room and escapes wearing the fSociety gear, as she gets into the elevator, you can see a man with a backpack and a hoodie with the hood up, sprinting through the back of the shot in the direction of the safe-room, which Angela just came from. Thats Elliot, going to do what shes already done! He gets in there and finds that its already been done, and determines it must have been Angela, so he goes back down to her floor and intercepts her after she meets with sandwich man.

As we've seen in previous episodes, Sandwich Man is used by Whiterose to fix situations. Elliot was supposed to be compromised and killed, but it was Angela instead because she didn't follow directions--and now she is compromised.

Elliot's going to realize she did it because she thought everything could be undone, and they're going to escape, but the Sandwich man has the data after Angela gave it to him in exchange for a bag with a gun in it.

The plan was for Elliot to die, now Angela has done what he was supposed to. Or has Elliot undone what she did?? Hmm. I had the impression that the hard drive had the data needed for Whiterose to "fix" everything, thats why Angela is on board in he first place.

What do you think? I think I'm hot on the trail!

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Over 20 minute tracking shot:mindblown: Run time error soundbite:lupe: Case of the Mondays:laff: FUKKERY:banderas: E-Corp's HR/Security schemin:dame: Elliot/Mr.Robot's memory lapse battle:lupe: Darlene's really a Snitch:gucci: FSociety:mj: Snoop Dogg the Building:ooh: MotherLand seized by the Yellow Man:scust: Angela put the battery in her back:hubie: Overhead camera facade work:ohhh: Dark Army:eat: in the cut promptly:birdman: Episode had me on the edge of the couch:whew: Esmail:fire: Go HAM:myman:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
for anyone wanting to know what the man in the elevator is saying to Elliot. It's German and it says:

"Every beginning is difficult. Getting started is easy. Perseverance is an art."

Another theory

Oh shyt. I just realized something. White rose is so interested in Elliott, because of his split personality. Elliott is literally a link between two parallel dimensions. His dad tried to kill him when he was young, and his dad died in the dimension where Elliott didn't die. So, in the other dimension, Mr robot is still alive. And in the dimension we're viewing, Elliott is alive. But somehow, their minds are linked. She seems him as the key to understanding interdimensional travel even further.

KaItcwL.jpg

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That wasn't a value meal...
probably ole girl's head...
Wouldn't the bag have been bloody?

I think maybe it's a gun or a new task. If time travel or alternate dimensions are a real thing that's going to come into play, then maybe it is evidence they already killed the lady that saw Angela.

Crazy ass show. I can't tell if the time travel/string theory angle is a red herring yet, or real.

"Do not leave me,Stay Alert"

WE LEFT HIM AND FOCUSED ON ANGELA :damn:

We had no choice. The camera took us away.

:mjcry:

Great GREAT episode. In terms of story might be the weakest but every episode don't have to be full on story. The shots and tension in this episode was GOAT.

One thing though. How the fukk can Beta do a job that was hand crafted for Elliot?? Especially when she was a damn noob in season 1 when Trenton and Mobley tried to coach her through shyt?:lupe:

WHAT SHE HIDING??? :damn:

But yea this episode was all about Stage 2 and seeing how it unfolded was amazing.

I think she's way more competent than we've given her credit for, especially since we usually see her through Elliot's perspective, and he may not be seeing her for how she truly is.

:jbhmm:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
"Someone pointed out that Elliot’s employee ID number is 072391, which is a hugely significant number in a parallel universe theory called the Mandela Theory. The theory originated from a woman who claimed that she and many other people recalled seeing worldwide news coverage and even a televised funeral for Nelson Mandela’s death on July 23, 1991, even though he didn’t actually die until 2013.

The theory basically claims that large swaths of people in society have collective false memories as a result of alternate timelines occasionally overlapping with ours"