The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Wouldn't the bag have been bloody?

I think maybe it's a gun or a new task. If time travel or alternate dimensions are a real thing that's going to come into play, then maybe it is evidence they already killed the lady that saw Angela.

Crazy ass show. I can't tell if the time travel/string theory angle is a red herring yet, or real.

We had no choice. The camera took us away.

:mjcry:

I think she's way more competent than we've given her credit for, especially since we usually see her through Elliot's perspective, and he may not be seeing her for how she truly is.

:jbhmm:

Yea but coaching her in season 1 was Darlene/Trenton and Mobley. Elliot wasn't even there.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Do not leave me...........stay alert

9Zn9OiN.jpg

tenor.gif

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Someone pointed out that Elliot’s employee ID number is 072391, which is a hugely significant number in a parallel universe theory called the Mandela Theory. The theory originated from a woman who claimed that she and many other people recalled seeing worldwide news coverage and even a televised funeral for Nelson Mandela’s death on July 23, 1991, even though he didn’t actually die until 2013.

The theory basically claims that large swaths of people in society have collective false memories as a result of alternate timelines occasionally overlapping with ours"
Wouldn't the bag have been bloody?

I think maybe it's a gun or a new task. If time travel or alternate dimensions are a real thing that's going to come into play, then maybe it is evidence they already killed the lady that saw Angela.

Crazy ass show. I can't tell if the time travel/string theory angle is a red herring yet, or real.

The Berenstein Bears shyt still has me fukked up because I perfectly remember my cousins owning like 50 of those books and I would flip through each cover and reading just the titles of the books. 20 something years later its Berenstain.. which is bullshyt and still has me pissed off
I have great memory, family and friends compliment me on how I remember old shyt.. It's a fact that it was spelled Berenstein Bears Goddammit

If this show is gonna lead to this alternate timeline shyt then :wow:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
One thing I'm wondering... Angela was able to do a task that was meant for Elliot :ohhh: is she on par with Elliot's skills?

Sounds like all she did was copy shyt to a hard drive and she even had instructions :yeshrug:

Remember, she was basically the 2nd in command at All Safe back in season 1. They were running security for E Corp.

She's always been capable.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
WTF

WHAT A fukkING EPISODE

The entire episode I was feeling the tension. Elliot and Angela both showed quick thinking and good improv to all the situations. I was :mjlol:when Angela screamed "Over here!" and the security guards last memories were splattered all over the floor by DA goons. Them DA boyz do not play :hhh: They couldn't wait to cause chaos and mayhem. But I believe that is Elliot running towards the safe room to undo whatever they had planned. Its just mind fukk after mind fukk...

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is whiterose’s plan for the Congo? I know it’s been mentioned but I totally forgot.

Daps
From Reddit

I know right, the cut off at 45 minutes caught me off guard. After revisiting the episode... I think many of us have been missing what actually happened here. Heres what you may have missed:

By demanding access to the computer from the guy with the Bernie sticker on his monitor, Elliot figured out that in order to save the data before hack 2.0 goes live, he needed to get to the floor with the saferoom that Angela was supposed to tell him about, but didn't. Elliot knew he'd need to get the financial data onto an external hard-drive, because its going to be destroyed by hack 2.0 and all the physical info will be blown up too. At this point those outcomes are a forgone forgone conclusion to Elliot, then he gets forced out of the building, and immediately calls the building facing explosion and warns them about the bomb, then deals with Darlene.

Then he snuck back in after the protestors got through security, off camera, and goes up to that room, BUT doesn't arrive there until after Angela (stay tuned).

Why would Whiterose give ELLIOT this job? Whiterose knows about Elliot's split personality, so does Irving, and they wouldn't be naive enough to have Elliot (who's clearly in Elliot mode, hence the weekend sleepover with Angela and Tyrell) try to further stage 2. The directions clearly involved storing the financial data, about to be lost to the hack plus bomb on paper copy building, onto an external hard drive, something that he would have been down to do because that could be used to undo the damage.

Angela fukked up when she didnt answer Elliot's call. He already knew what needed to be done, and managed to get back in the building after the protestors broke in. She could have told him she had a way to reverse and he would been like, im already on that. Why did she do that? She didn't want Elliot to know she was subverting him via mr Robot and was in bed with the Dark Army. So she did it herself.

Right after she exits the safe-room and escapes wearing the fSociety gear, as she gets into the elevator, you can see a man with a backpack and a hoodie with the hood up, sprinting through the back of the shot in the direction of the safe-room, which Angela just came from. Thats Elliot, going to do what shes already done! He gets in there and finds that its already been done, and determines it must have been Angela, so he goes back down to her floor and intercepts her after she meets with sandwich man.

As we've seen in previous episodes, Sandwich Man is used by Whiterose to fix situations. Elliot was supposed to be compromised and killed, but it was Angela instead because she didn't follow directions--and now she is compromised.

Elliot's going to realize she did it because she thought everything could be undone, and they're going to escape, but the Sandwich man has the data after Angela gave it to him in exchange for a bag with a gun in it.

The plan was for Elliot to die, now Angela has done what he was supposed to. Or has Elliot undone what she did?? Hmm. I had the impression that the hard drive had the data needed for Whiterose to "fix" everything, thats why Angela is on board in he first place.

What do you think? I think I'm hot on the trail!

Elliot didn't want To back up the keys like Angela did.

Elliot wanted to destroy the Hnss servers because the Dark Army needed those keys for the firmware Elliot installed a patch in.

Angela backed up the data, and she didn't have to do too much, it was basically plug in some external hard drives and back it up.

Btw she was supposed to use 2 usb's but could only find one.

So it's entirely possible Angela fukked the hack up.

Probably not because it seems possible with what she had. But we'll find out

I'm 99% sure a gun is in the bag. Gotta off herself like DA does

Her job was to keep Elliot like mr robot as long as possible. The reason for this is so robot could've backed up the data completed stage 2 and killed hisself. He said "as long as Elliot's alive he will stop us" and he's completely right. Elliot smarter than robot and able to stop them without knowing half of what's even going on in the goddamn show. Only way to ensure stage 2 happens is if Elliot dies

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The long tracking shots had ZERO purpose other than as an exercise in directorial masturbation

They distracted from the tension, they didn't increase it. A better job could have been accomplished with good framing and editing and music.

The riot plot was asinine too. Risk Elliot's health before the job was done with no muscle/protection to accompany him? Not a good plan from the Dark Army.

But whatever, I have confidence the upcoming episodes will be stellar