The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I hated that kid so fukking much but goddamn if this show didn't swerve the fukk out of me at the end :to:

got him that lollipop that they hand out in the doctor's offices because elliot was sick :mjcry: fukk outta here lil b*stard. if anything happens to that kid now I SWEAR i'm gonna be on one :damn:

now i'm all fukked up with immaculate imagery attached to it for the next week

Elliot put the heat to that piece of shyt brother of Mobley's too :scust:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Young Elliot/Mr. Robot at the movies:banderas: Donnie Darko/80s Flicks/Tarrantino homage:krs: Wait, Christopher Lloyd:whoo: Back to the Future broke the 4th Wall:mindblown: Darlene's entrusted again:usure: Martial Law in the city:lupe: FSociety family visit:patrice: Peculiar camera angles:dame: Annoying kid or imaginary player:huhldup: Angela apartment turned into a music video:ohhh: I'm completely Lost and I don't mind:yeshrug:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
That scene with the hallway and door was so well lit it reminded me of a Star Wars poster. Angela in white and Elliot in black with the red hallway and dark apartment with enough light coming in to show her face.

#bringbackLando
#wheresLando
#wewantLando

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Watch the first one a classic. #2 is aiight but not as good

^^ This

The second one was too aware of the popularity of the first flick, if that makes sense - they even had Kiss in it, and Gene Simmons will put his name to anything as long as there's a check involved.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I've got to disagree. Elliot needed to get centred after last week. And we got to see the birth of 'Mr. Robot' too, in a weird way.

100% agree.

I think this episode was fantastic. There were a few moments where it dragged, but all in all it was probably one of the most revealing episodes in terms of character.

Elliot needed this, and both he and Angela needed that hallway scene.

If they’re gonna pull themselves (and ultimately, the rest of society) outta this shythole they’ve got themselves and everyone else in, they need moments like this.

It’s in those quiet, reflective moments where you center yourself and “get back on your shyt” for lack of a better phrase. This couldn’t have happened in a hectic episode or as one or two scenes. It needed a whole, slow episode.

Elliot didn’t just need a reason to live, he needed a reason to set things right (or as right as he can) so he needed to see how Mobley’s fam was gonna treat him (no funeral) he needed to see and live through Trenton’s brother to know that of all people, he’s gonna suffer the most for Trenton being blamed (that whole scene where he talked about being the only one who can be President was deep, because to me what Esmail was saying is that even though he’s the same race/nationality/religion as his fam, he’s 100% American, and now they have to leave America because of the drama, so he’s the one who’s gonna feel it the most)

He has to fix the people and things he’s broken before he can even think of ending it for himself, because it’s not just him that has to live with the results of his actions.

Incredible episode.

I feel like Reddit and shyt does a great job when it comes to digging into the subtext and Easter eggs of this show, but this is an episode much deeper than “what was in that file?” or “Is time travel possible?”

Even more so than last week, this was the most “Holy shyt, what did I do?” episode Elliot might ever have.