The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
And not to get too deep lol, but this is a part of the reason that I've always been Team "There's no Time Travel" or "This Isn't Hard Sci Fi", is because I feel like when you're focusing on that stuff, you miss how deep this show can get.

The theories are cool, I read 'em, in podcasts I listen to 'em, and on here we go back and forth, but I feel like people are spending so much time looking and trying to peel behind layers of imagery, that they're not listening to what people are saying, because even if (and it's a huge if) White Rose is building something that can reverse time, or mine and hack bitcoin, or control the world or whatever, if we don't listen to what he's saying, we won't know why, so even if the theory is right it'll prove hollow.

I've heard and read tons of theories, but at the end of 'em, nobody can answer the "why?", and if there's no "why?", then what's the point? We know why Angela is doing/did what she did - somehow WR has convinced her she can bring her mother back (possibly) - so we know why she went Cold Blooded before the attack, and we know why after, she snapped, because she slowly figured out it was probably a lie.

"Don't mistake my generosity for generosity" and "Because I had to ask twice" aren't just ill bars, they're words that point to motivation - motivation Price could have seen coming and avoided if he listened to White Rose instead of trying to second guess him and get two steps ahead.

Not just in TV, but in real life, people tell you their intentions all the time through the things they say, even the subtle things. To me, we still don't know what WR/Zhang really wants, and until then I'mma stay :hubie: on theories and wait for him to tell it.

Thank You BasedMail :mjcry:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
100% agree.

I think this episode was fantastic. There were a few moments where it dragged, but all in all it was probably one of the most revealing episodes in terms of character.

Elliot needed this, and both he and Angela needed that hallway scene.

If they’re gonna pull themselves (and ultimately, the rest of society) outta this shythole they’ve got themselves and everyone else in, they need moments like this.

It’s in those quiet, reflective moments where you center yourself and “get back on your shyt” for lack of a better phrase. This couldn’t have happened in a hectic episode or as one or two scenes. It needed a whole, slow episode.

Elliot didn’t just need a reason to live, he needed a reason to set things right (or as right as he can) so he needed to see how Mobley’s fam was gonna treat him (no funeral) he needed to see and live through Trenton’s brother to know that of all people, he’s gonna suffer the most for Trenton being blamed (that whole scene where he talked about being the only one who can be President was deep, because to me what Esmail was saying is that even though he’s the same race/nationality/religion as his fam, he’s 100% American, and now they have to leave America because of the drama, so he’s the one who’s gonna feel it the most)

He has to fix the people and things he’s broken before he can even think of ending it for himself, because it’s not just him that has to live with the results of his actions.

Incredible episode.

I feel like Reddit and shyt does a great job when it comes to digging into the subtext and Easter eggs of this show, but this is an episode much deeper than “what was in that file?” or “Is time travel possible?”

Even more so than last week, this was the most “Holy shyt, what did I do?” episode Elliot might ever have.

3 weeks have passed and now we can appreciate the fallout from 71...Elliot now sees the full impact
100% spot on :salute:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the most unexpected fit between a show and its network since "Hannibal".
:russ: I remember hearing about the show, going Bryan Fuller doing a Hannibal show :leon: On NBC:hhh: . They not showing shyt. Two minutes into the first episode I was :picard:

going to the movies this weekend just to try this out

I'm about to fukk around spend $13 on a ticket and $14 on popcorn and M&Ms just to try this shyt:martin:

Keys? Yo I'd kill the kid :beli:

Eliot hit him with the

This was a character development episode. Elliot was about to delete himself but got saved by a kid.
Elliot turned face this episode:obama:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
:dahell::wow:

I don't get the hate for this episode...:manny:
I understand the hate. It wasn't a bad episode. But I just watched the last two episodes back to back.
The episode before this was nuts. Then you are like I can't wait for next episode.
And Mr. Robot comes out with that cliche episode where the main character is ready to give up until he goes on a little adventure/meets someone that basically turns the main character mentality around.

I mean the episode is not useless and also progresses Elliot as a character.
I'm just pretty sure everyone who watched last week waiting all week just to see a episode of a suicidal elliot progress from that is not what they wanted.
but still its a important part of the story and if you binge watch the entire season the hate won't be there. It's different when you watch an episode week to week.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X

Hello-Smiling-Face.jpg

We are Groot????

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I'm i buggin.....but the dude who threw the garbage out the van, it kind of looked like Mr Robot, you can't see his face but it's similar to the gear he wears :jbhmm:

Maybe I'm just fukked up on the henny right now, fukk it.

I don't know about it being Mr Robot, but this whole part I didn't get.

Why did the guy throw the garbage back? And why was it specifically Elliot's garbage that landed on his own doorstep?

:patrice:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I don't know about it being Mr Robot, but this whole part I didn't get.

Why did the guy throw the garbage back? And why was it specifically Elliot's garbage that landed on his own doorstep?

:patrice:

I got the idea that they're basically freelance garbagemen since collections stopped. He left the bag at the beginning of the episode and went off.

My guess was they drive around looking for a spot to dump what they don't burn, and they just happen to drop it off outside Elliot's house.

I would say 'coincidence', but - you know....:manny:

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I got the idea that they're basically freelance garbagemen since collections stopped. He left the bag at the beginning of the episode and went off.

I guess was they drive around looking for a spot to dump what they don't burn, and they just happen to drop it off outside Elliot's house.

I would say 'coincidence', but - you know....:manny:

Yeah, I knew they were trash burners, I just didn't factor in the whole dumping thing.

What you said makes sense, though.

Coincidence or not, all will be revealed.

712a46889f423f4dd562fd956d4dc75c.png

I'm gonna be sad AF when this season is over. This has been one of the best seasons of any show for a very long time :mjcry: