The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Also - from the look of Trenton's e-mail, Romero installed keyloggers on all the computers at the arcade. Trenton thinks the FBI have that data now. :leon:

Someone might have found out because his death always seemed way more suspicious than a random ricochet from the next door neighbour's gun. And there are no coincidences...
:wow: totally forgot about this

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Elliott bought the pills from a dealer he found in Mobley's brother's e-mail. Does that mean that he wasn't trying to kill himself, or was that some kind of coincidence?

The fact that Trenton took her hacker handle from her brother's birthplace:mjcry:

I thought the kid was annoying (and a hallucination) until he told Elliot he was from Trenton, NJ :sadbron:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Significance of the red and black lighting? Beautiful shot :banderas:

You know what - I took it to be a symbol of Elliot's strong bond with Angela. A lot of the colour palette in this episode is washed out and shades of grey. And that red was striking. That scene also came after Elliot decided not to kill himself. The darkness might be Angela's sense of loss and despair.

The only other place I can remember having bright colours is the cinema in the flashback. The song playing in that scene was also from a movie ('Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure')

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Elliott bought the pills from a dealer he found in Mobley's brother's e-mail. Does that mean that he wasn't trying to kill himself, or was that some kind of coincidence?

I thought the kid was annoying (and a hallucination) until he told Elliot he was from Trenton, NJ :sadbron:

He was definitely going to kill himself - he got rid of Darlene and took Flipper to his landlord's crib. As far as coincidendes go - there are none. Crazy to think that WR may have also killed Trenton and Mobley with the secondary purpose of driving Elliot to suicide though:ohhh:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Looks like Elliott met his match with Trenton's baby bro.... :heh:

baby bro asking if he could see Elliott again tho.... :dame:

Also I may have missed it but who is the connect that Trenton said would get Intel if she ever died?.... :jbhmm:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Looks like Elliott met his match with Trenton's baby bro.... :heh:

baby bro asking if he could see Elliott again tho.... :dame:

Also I may have missed it but who is the connect that Trenton said would get Intel if she ever died?...
.:jbhmm:

It's Elliot - he opened the e-mail at the end of the episode

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Everything will be alright brehs :mjcry: well, until White Rose shows up again at least...

Trenton got her alias because that's were her little bro was born :mjcry: little shyt was annoying as a kid his age would be amidst all this fukkery, he was able to restore that feeling into Elliot's crazy ass :wow:

Surprised Trenton chose Elliot as the recipient of that email, it's not like she had much of a relationship with him and Mr. Robot is an a$$hole to everybody :heh:

One of the most unique episodes in the whole series that didn't have a gimmick - like the hallucination and "90's sitcom" one - the whole vibe was different as we are passed the tension/dread of Stage 2 and now are trying to recover from the hit and recharge so we can get our revenge :blessed:

@hex as much as Esmail has taken from Breaking Bad this is something that show didn't have, as Walter's decay was pretty linear and the show's vibe went accordingly to his demise. This time Sam gives the story a break to build up his main character again and finally give some "hope" after all the fukked up shyt that has happened....now let's see if Shinji Elliot can finally get it right and not fukk things up even further :lupe: :lupe:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
wtf is this episode point
Me too. And I'm super deep into this show on here and reddit.

I don't wanna say it was weak. It's layered and I'll probably get it more later.

But IMO it's definitely the only episode this season that I'd give less than 4 stars. Feeling a solid 3-3.5 right now.
Ok I may need someone to break this episode down for me

It was definitely a transition episode I liked it because it was a change of tone and pace that was very well done, can't hate on that at all.

The point was pretty straight forward: give Elliot a sense of purpose again after being manipulated by White Rose for Stage 1 and Stage 2. Everything about the ep was to give Elliot and the viewer hope again.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
My man Elliot has been through a lot lately, he needed to get his mind right this episode :mjcry:.

Or at least as right as his mind can be, Elliot restoring his life out of the recycle bin :wow:.

This episode definitely slowed down some, but it's not too surprising considering the level of tension the last few episodes had.

Did Elliot just leave his sick dad on the floor and swipe his jacket :picard:

I thought Trenton's little brother was going to be revealed as a hallucination when he first appeared on the beach.

Little dude talking about how he is the only one in his family who could be president - in this country :bryan::sas1:

How much does a bag of morphine cost? Asking for a friend :lupe:

I'm still not sure how much Elliot can really do, even with whatever plan Trenton had in the e-mail. Even if he could somehow undo the hack, White Rose would just spin it to his benefit somehow.

You can tell the show isn't set in present day, when Mobley's brother said the news wouldn't just make something up :heh: