THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I still think he's in a facility.

Interesting that their "mom" wasn't in the rocking chair when Darlene showed up.

But the fact that Darlene acknowledged the lack of their mothers presence by asking where the "she-devil" was makes me :patrice:

That plus the whole "caretaker" login, it's like one step forward and one step back so I still don't know either way whether he's in a facility or not.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
But the fact that Darlene acknowledged the lack of their mothers presence by asking where the "she-devil" was makes me :patrice:

That plus the whole "caretaker" login, it's like one step forward and one step back so I still don't know either way whether he's in a facility or not.

Apparently, some of Ray's goons were members of the "church" group meetings Elliot used to go.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Nope I thought he was a Asian E Corp leader and the Dark Army Boss on the low. Dude is a top Chinese Government Boss.....

Hope not...feel that cheapens the story/plot...I actually hope they stay far away from government backed support of the dark army

Much rather have them be a rogue independent group :manny:

There's a "double life" theme. He works for the government, but his SISTER runs the Dark Army...

And now we know Elliot's not in a psych ward/jail...

Ray is gonna get fukked up somehow

Edit: :sadcam: Nevermind. Leave Elliot alone dammit

I starting to wonder if they intentionally made it look like he was in an institution, so that we would ignore the increasing evidence that he isn't. Like a reverse twist.

Then Elliot turns to the camera like "you thought I was lying to you, I wouldn't do that. How come you don't trust me?"

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So did Whiterose send the attack on "Dom" DiPierro because he knew he spilled too much info to her (about the dresses, etc.) or was he planning on sending the attack on the FBI anyways?

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:jbhmm: at Ray's log-in on his computer.

CARETAKER_zpsss3im1ll.png

Caretaker, eh?:sas1:

Fred.

Yo, copy and paste the IP address from your screenshot (192.251.68.251) into your browser's address bar and press enter

:banderas:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Cats acting like the Breaking Bad thread didn't get "big" until Season 4.

The show didn't hit the 2M view mark until the premiere of Season 4 and stayed at about 1.7-1.99 the whole season. The first half of season 5, every episode hit 2M+, the second half was getting 4-5M viewers an episode.

Very true. I didn't know that on the numbers, but I remember that I didn't start watching until the end of season 3. My dad had been watching all along, and finally got me into it. The first ep I saw was the season 3 finale, and then I went back and started over.

And season 4 I remember discussion "around the water cooler" picking up, but even then I'd say it really wasn't even until the final season that BrBa seemed to be on everyone's radar.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
she kind of ugly but cute af at the same time :mindblown:

As the great booty eating philosopher Ugly but she fine - Kevin Gates
So much fukkery happening in the last 5 mintues :damn:

How do you top Silk Road? By adding murder for hire, child prostitution, and illegal weapons on top of crack, heroin, coke etc
Ray is the fukking Devil :wtf:
I swear Silk Road had murder for hire on the site besides drugs and weapons.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
A angry female guard could get referred to as a she-devil.

:ehh: That's true.

I'm going to reserve judgement until the reveal/non-reveal because I feel ultimately, whether or not he's in a facility doesn't actually matter. I pretty much stopped looking for clues in Ep 2.

The context of these interactions don't matter, the fact that they're happening does.

It doesn't matter if he's attempting to hack the FBI from a hospital or his moms house/Ray's house, it doesn't matter if Darlene and Angela are visiting him or just rolling through the crib, we know these things are really happening so it really doesn't matter where they're taking place, what matters is what's said and done in said interactions.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Interesting post from reddit on the Dom/White Rose interaction...I've also read that White Rose put up the shytty digital WalMart clock alongside the nice clocks just to get Dom curious.

Anways....

• White Rose finds Dom intriguingly unrefined unrestrained.
Yeah, there's the first scene where she interrupts her fellow officer to blurt out "tell us what you know about the Dark Army." (All quotes are paraphrased.) There's also the clock scene where she says "I feel like I should get a watch." bytch please. That's like telling Hemingway you've been meaning to learn how to read.

But it's not all bad. White Rose values elegance, self-control, and unemotional calculation (not that she isn't a deeply emotional person, not unlike Spock), and in fact has constructed a life, philosophy, and identity around those values. In these regards, Dom's direct, blunt, and intuitive mindset is White Rose's polar opposite, yet still it has served her effectively in the FBI. I'd be surprised if Yin and Yang don't get mentioned this season.

Still, at White Rose's house party and in China so far, she is on foreign turf trying to get her bearings, while White Rose is right at home and already has a plan.

• Dom is queer. White Rose learns this and opens up.
She took care not to mention the gender of the person who proposed to her. You don't do that unless the you're trying to be honest without outing yourself (or if she were less direct, if she thought White Rose was queer and wanted to seem relatable, but that seems profoundly out of character for Dom). It's subtle enough that a straight person probably wouldn't notice, but White Rose absolutely did. Immediately after that, White Rose takes Dom to her closet. White Rose shares an intimate part of herself, and is perhaps more open than she was planning to be. Either we just saw White Rose vulnerable for the first time, or she's ice cold and playing games with Dom, both seem consistent with her character so far. From White Rose's perspective as an extremely restrained, nuanced, and coded communicator, she just came out to Dom and laid her soul bare. Some things could go unsaid, just as Dom could come out to White Rose and lead White Rose to respond directly without directly acknowledging anything about Dom's sexuality.

And then fukkING DOM, who grew up in Jersey and works for the FBI in NYC where letting somebody know you're queer not infrequently looks like "yeah I'm gay, you have a problem with that?" (compared to the restraint required for a high-ranking Chinese Official who is forced to live a double life and speak in subtext) starts to see something is going on, suspects these are White Rose's dresses, bluntly asks "whose dresses are these."

fukk BAE!! That's not how this game works, girl. White Rose is disappointed by the lack of subtextual communication yet still gracefully plays it off (both directly and subtextually) by saying that it's his sister's. An obvious lie (at least once Dom has a chance to stop and think about it), and one that elegantly resolves the tension and communicates the truth without making White Rose spell it out for her.

Saved by the bell. The timing is so perfect it's almost as if White Rose had planned every second that passed.

Seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship! See, here's the next scene where Dom finally says "wait, I don't think White Rose has a sister." There's hope for her after all. It was so nice of White Rose to open up to her! And White Rose even said that she'd provide all the dossiers on the Dark Army! This is the perfect way to....see your friends and colleagues murdered.

Damn Rose, you thorny. Frenemies it is.