THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
It's my own personal rule that I need bare minimum 4 seasons to consider it an all-time great. After that I break it down into top 10, top 5, etc.

The only reason I do that is because there is some shows with great first seasons ("Homeland", "True Detective") that abruptly fall off....there's shows with two, three great seasons ("Utopia", "Hannibal") that get cancelled....there's even shows with 4 good/great seasons ("Dexter") that end up having more bad seasons than good.

Sam Esmail has said this will go 5 seasons, at most. That alone is a good sign. If they keep up this level of quality for 4-5 seasons this will probably be in my top 5.

Fred.
What do you currently considered top five and top 10

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What do you currently considered top five and top 10

Top 5:

1. "Breaking Bad"
2. "The Wire"
3. "The Sopranos"
4. "Game Of Thrones"
5. "Angel"

Top 10....I don't really number as rigorously as 1-5. "X-Files" is there, because seasons 1-6 are GOAT level TV, but it has a solid 3 seasons where it's :ld: to awful. Other stuff like "Hannibal" and "Utopia" is on there, 2-3 seasons of :krs: that could've been a top 5 contender, but they got cancelled. Stuff like that.

Fred.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Top 5:

1. "Breaking Bad"
2. "The Wire"
3. "The Sopranos"
4. "Game Of Thrones"
5. "Angel"

Top 10....I don't really number as rigorously as 1-5. "X-Files" is there, because seasons 1-6 are GOAT level TV, but it has a solid 3 seasons where it's :ld: to awful. Other stuff like "Hannibal" and "Utopia" is on there, 2-3 seasons of :krs: that could've been a top 5 contender, but they got cancelled. Stuff like that.

Fred.
I agree with 1 2 and 4.
I gotta throw Friday night lights in there.
I have yet to watch the sopranos tho

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree with 1 2 and 4.
I gotta throw Friday night lights in there.
I have yet to watch the sopranos tho

When and if you do watch "The Sopranos" keep in mind it pioneered a lot of things we now take for granted on TV. It's not perfect but there was nothing like it at the time, and it's arguably directly or indirectly responsible for pretty much any show you'd put in your top 5.

The next generation of prestige dramas like "Fargo" and "Mr. Robot" were influenced by "Breaking Bad", though.

Fred.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
When and if you do watch "The Sopranos" keep in mind it pioneered a lot of things we now take for granted on TV. It's not perfect but there was nothing like it at the time, and it's arguably directly or indirectly responsible for pretty much any show you'd put in your top 5.

The next generation of prestige dramas like "Fargo" and "Mr. Robot" were influenced by "Breaking Bad", though.

Fred.
Mr robot might be in top 5. Gotta give it time.

The night of is flames.

I gotta get into Fargo

Always wanted to watch fringe too lol

Random but I do

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mr robot might be in top 5. Gotta give it time.

The night of is flames.

I gotta get into Fargo

Always wanted to watch fringe too lol

Random but I do

I never liked "Fringe". Felt like a bootleg "X-Files" initially. Eventually it got into it's own shyt but I tried to watch the first season and I swear 2-3 eps had the same plot as "X-Files" episodes. :dahell:

Then they got one of the best writers of "X-Files" to executive produce. I was like "they really don't give a fukk". :mjlol:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The only difference from me and @hex is that I'm willing to put something like Utopia in my top 5, because I feel like the quality of the first 7 episodes is better than some shows entire run. But I feel the wire is the gold standard. And there is this brittish show called the shadow line that I think is the illest neo noir I have ever seen. Breaking bad was a movement. Then the Chappelle show.

I feel like Mr robot could be top 5 if done right. But I feel it's far from perfect. This could turn into a car crash we can't take our eyes from quickly.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Watched episode 4! Is it safe to say that everyone on the show is insane...only that Elliot is the leader of the insanity?:wow: Elliot has been spending all this time at being at war with himself but the real war is on the outside. He has to find a way to co-exist with himself.....:wow: Not sure if he'll be able to accomplish the dream that he desires, but got damn it, he's going to go insane trying to do it!:wow:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Yeah I feel you on the podcast.

I also feel like they find meaning in things where meaning may not meant to be found.

I get that Esmail goes deep in his scripts, but everything isn't meant to be picked apart so finely. The reason I think this is because if every scene was so deep, it would be impossible to pay off everything at the end of the season/when the show ends.

You can't set up so many spinning plates and not expect some of them to fall, so to me, not everything is a spinning plate so to speak.

Sometimes when someone is crying, or sad, or angry, they're just sad. Not everyone is having as deep an internal or intellectual struggle as Elliot.

:yeshrug:

But...what if Esmail is able to keep all those "spinning plates" from falling?:merchant::lupe: