THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else noticed Darlene's Hackboi was dressed and lit in Red Lighting:birdman:

...just like that bar scene where Gideon got ETHER'd at:huhldup:

I think that color signifies another Body's gonna drop, due to Fsociety's FUKKERY:ufdup:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As usual I went through after the ep and y'all nikkas gave me laughs.

Only one thing to add, but it might be significant.

In the dinner scene where Elliott was dreaming, he had everyone around him who he rocked with and wronged from S1 and S2 except two people.

Gideon - who he knew was dead

Romero - who he doesn't find out is dead until the end of the ep.

Does this mean subconsciously Elliot knows Romero can't be a part of his future because Elliot/Mr. Robot killed him...

Even Wellick was there, which makes me think Wellick's definitely alive.

:patrice:

Correct me if I'm wrong, brehs. Was Romero there? Arab chick, Leon, Ray, Fat Hacker, Fat Asian AllSafe breh, even Bob who he eviscerated at Steel Mountain. Everyone he knew and/or met was there.
I was too busy :laff:at even Elliot's Black Spitta Fish had a seat at the table:banderas:

... @steadyrighteous , great catch, tho:krs:

No Pun Intended:jawalrus:

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
@Nature Boy Ric Flair the streets waiting so get 2
YjQxZTAyMjQ2OSMvMm9zNmFYZ1E3NHVFWnV4NzE5ZFJlMXFlUjBZPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vOWFwcnpxYXljZG1vZHI0anZ5ODIwYXlxc3B1eHJkN3BjZnJnZXJwbXFpYTdrdHh4bm1oeHVjc2l1ZTZ6cmFoZi5naWY.gif
cause we need that review

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This week's Bald Move was losing me with all the 'We don't get it - so Esmail doesn't know what hes doing :sadbron:'

But once they started talking about the Biblical parallels :ohhh:

Yeah I feel you on the podcast.

I also feel like they find meaning in things where meaning may not meant to be found.

I get that Esmail goes deep in his scripts, but everything isn't meant to be picked apart so finely. The reason I think this is because if every scene was so deep, it would be impossible to pay off everything at the end of the season/when the show ends.

You can't set up so many spinning plates and not expect some of them to fall, so to me, not everything is a spinning plate so to speak.

Sometimes when someone is crying, or sad, or angry, they're just sad. Not everyone is having as deep an internal or intellectual struggle as Elliot.

:yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So after a long ass time I listened to The Watch podcast (former Hollywood Prospectus) and came away with two things:

1) I almost immediately remembered why I stopped listening. I honestly can't stand Andy Greenwald for the most part, and I think I disagree with 90% of what Chris Ryan says about anything (tv, movies, sports, pop culture and music). The spend half their episodes trying to crack boring or inside jokes that don't work and they can't figure out a way to explain in a rational way what they don't like about a show. It's like they shyt on a show because of X but then they praise a show that has the a similar problem and they just don't care about it.

2) I had no idea season 2 of Mr Robot wasn't being praised by critics and that most people were lukewarm about it. @hex is this a general feeling like Greenwald made it out to be or just another case of those two having a weird ass taste in shows? :patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So after a long ass time I listened to The Watch podcast (former Hollywood Prospectus) and came away with two things:

1) I almost immediately remembered why I stopped listening. I honestly can't stand Andy Greenwald for the most part, and I think I disagree with 90% of what Chris Ryan says about anything (tv, movies, sports, pop culture and music). The spend half their episodes trying to crack boring or inside jokes that don't work and they can't figure out a way to explain in a rational way what they don't like about a show. It's like they shyt on a show because of X but then they praise a show that has the a similar problem and they just don't care about it.

2) I had no idea season 2 of Mr Robot wasn't being praised by critics and that most people were lukewarm about it. @hex is this a general feeling like Greenwald made it out to be or just another case of those two having a weird ass taste in shows? :patrice:

They sound high.

81% on Metacritic, 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's one of the best reviewed series of the year. It might be the best reviewed, I'd have to dig a little.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They sound high.

81% on Metacritic, 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's one of the best reviewed series of the year. It might be the best reviewed, I'd have to dig a little.

Fred.

:dead:

those two dudes made it sound like everyone was :ld: about season 2, lol

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Metacritic and rotten tomators means nothing. Those reviews come in based on the first episode

EDIT: but criticism doesnt matter yet anyway. People need to let it breathe. Its a season-long story

Uh....no they don't.

Rotten Tomatoes in particular has an Average Episode Score. Metacritic is based on what eps are released to critics early. In this case it was 2 episodes. It could be more, or less. It's never a set number.

Fred.