THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
Krista don't know that unlike Elliot... Mr. Robot will ask her to clap dem cheeks :ohlawd:
giphy.gif

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
As usual I went through after the ep and y'all nikkas gave me laughs.

Only one thing to add, but it might be significant.

In the dinner scene where Elliott was dreaming, he had everyone around him who he rocked with and wronged from S1 and S2 except two people.

Gideon - who he knew was dead

Romero - who he doesn't find out is dead until the end of the ep.

Does this mean subconsciously Elliot knows Romero can't be a part of his future because Elliot/Mr. Robot killed him...

Even Wellick was there, which makes me think Wellick's definitely alive.

:patrice:

Correct me if I'm wrong, brehs. Was Romero there? Arab chick, Leon, Ray, Fat Hacker, Fat Asian AllSafe breh, even Bob who he eviscerated at Steel Mountain. Everyone he knew and/or met was there.

great observation :ohhh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I bought the show on Amazon prime for $19.99 Can't do commercials anymore.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like Ray is trying to set up a website in the dark web to sell drugs maybe or something else? He told Elliot not to see what he's doing but all know Elliot can't help himself. :heh: @ telling a hacker not to see what's behind the curtain.

Whatever Ray has going on it's probably going to cause Elliott to turn on him. If it's only drugs it's cool but if it's that other deep web material :sitdown:it might bring back that hacker/vigilante Elliott. I don't trust Ray and having his goon hover around leads me to think he's doing something sinister. They didn't show that other guy with the eye jammy for nothing. Ray is bad news.

Spin

All Star
Daps
I love this fukking show :wow:
Another great episode

That introduction...

Chessboxing

Joey Badass giving that monolouge of self purpose and actualization,
Opening Elliot's eyes to see that the future he's looking for is needed with Mr Robot on his side

The way they described Moses and the voice of God, as a parallel to Elliot and Mr Robot to create a better future

Just magnificent writing, season 2 already getting better than 1

Esmail is on some next level shyt with this show. Reminds me of the book ANSWER TO JOB by Carl Jung. In the book it talks about the story of JOB and how he originally was so loyal to (Good)God. After the "devil" takes away all his possessions and makes his life hell, he realizes there is a part of God he never encountered. Job has a passage in the bible that says something along the lines of "Before I only knew you by hearsay, now I have seen you with my own eyes." Basically Jung's argument is we all have a hidden dark side because God itself has a hidden dark side. If we don't attempt to confront this side within ourselves(because it's not going away), that dark side will control us. Very similar to whats going on with Elliot.

BTW the FBI chick mentioned something about a DJ when they were inside the arcade. If I remember right when Tyrells wife's lover was trying to gas himself up he referred to himself as a DJ. When she shut him down she mentioned he was a bartender. Anyone catch that?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Not sure what happen with me and this show. Loved the 2/3rds of the 1st season, thought the show stumbled at the end, and through the first 3 episodes I find myself barely paying attention to what is going on. I'm going to restart this season again and give it another go, but it doesn't really seem like anything major is actually happening.

I'm the same way right now but I'm sticking through it.

The plot is a bit confusing right now which is fine, but I'm struggling to care enough to figure it out.

Honestly, the Elliot/Mr Robot interactions are just getting annoying to me

But like I said, I'm waiting it out. I'm not gonna post negativity every week because there is still good shyt here.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do ya'll nikkas do it?

Since they upped the run time to 90 min I haven't been able to sit thru an entire episode. Too many damn commercials :damn:

I told myself I would wait till the season was over and then binge watch it but it's hard brehs :damn:

Dvr

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
If you don't like this show fukk you :wow:

This cold opening really sums up what I like about this show. The subtleness. I wish I could see Esmail true vision of the original movie for this.

@hex I know you have your rule about a show but here me out.

I believe in quality over quantity. This cold opening is very breaking bad like. I also think there is foreshadowing in it that we probably don't realize. I felt that breaking bad was one of the illest with weaving in backstories to solidify an already crazy plot.

So far mr robot has this down to a science. If this series finishes strong, then I'm calling top ten of all time for the bare minimum. And if this ends up being good to great, then this is up there with shows that I truly love love :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This cold opening really sums up what I like about this show. The subtleness. I wish I could see Esmail true vision of the original movie for this.

I believe in quality over quantity. This cold opening is very breaking bad like. I also think there is foreshadowing in it that we probably don't realize. I felt that breaking bad was one of the illest with weaving in backstories to solidify an already crazy plot.

So far mr robot has this down to a science. If this series finishes strong, then I'm calling top ten of all time for the bare minimum. And if this ends up being good to great, then this is up there with shows that I truly love love :yeshrug:

It's my own personal rule that I need bare minimum 4 seasons to consider it an all-time great. After that I break it down into top 10, top 5, etc.

The only reason I do that is because there is some shows with great first seasons ("Homeland", "True Detective") that abruptly fall off....there's shows with two, three great seasons ("Utopia", "Hannibal") that get cancelled....there's even shows with 4 good/great seasons ("Dexter") that end up having more bad seasons than good.

Sam Esmail has said this will go 5 seasons, at most. That alone is a good sign. If they keep up this level of quality for 4-5 seasons this will probably be in my top 5.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
There is zero chance this show gets cancelled.

It's the type of show that would get immediately picked up by the likes of a Hulu, Netflix, etc.

I honestly think that it being on USA is an injustice because I know I wrote this off simply BECAUSE it was on USA. I checked it out against that sense of judgement because TheColi fam spoke so highly of it.

It would be better served on one of those streaming based services where the demographic for this type of show are already built in.

You think the any of the older crowd that typically watches USA network understands half of what is going on in this show?? :mjlol::francis:

:mjcry: Us "Hannibal" fans said all the same things :mjcry:

Price and Whiterose gonna fukk around and destroy half the world just because they can :merchant: :whoa:

It seems like they're literally trying to rule the world. Can't wait to see what kind of revenge Elliot and Tyrell find out that they were used as pawns by the same guy they're trying to destroy.

One thing I didn't see anyone mention after this episode was the "Elliot is in a Psych ward" theory.
I don't think its completely dead, though. Darlene asked Elliot something like "why did you leave your home and come here"? So obviously Elliot is not in a prison, but he could still be in some kind of voluntary hospital. Craig Robinson's computer room really looked like it was in some kind of institutional setting.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

I'm pretty sure that the sister in the movie they're watching is killed. :jbhmm:

One thing I didn't see anyone mention after this episode was the "Elliot is in a Psych ward" theory.

Personally, l'm taking this as a given at this point. The old axiom 'Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity' was mentioned and could be applied to Elliot playing multiple chess games that he knows will end in Stalemate. The fact that he stopped, to me, shows he's teetering on the edge as opposed to full on crazy. He even talks openly to Krista about Mr. Robot (but not about us). It feels like 'The fever' finally broke in this episode.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ray was orchestrating hits or something. I don't see it being a :sitdown:thing after the first episode.

Could potentially tie him into Gideon and Romero's deaths:leon:. Particularly the fact that Mr. Robot had a talk with Ray around that time, that Elliot didn't remember.:lupe:

Last edited: