THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
It may be too predictable for a show like this, but my gut feelin is that Angela finna take down Evil Corp from the inside giving fsociety an even bigger win, and she and Elliot are gonna hook up at some point this season. She's part of his reintroduction to humanity. Course that gonna end up hurting the nikka even more in the long run.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
@PlayerNinety_Nine I recommended 2 bit encryption thank me later

mMUD1FN.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Watched this interview with Joey and it turns out Leon is Elliot's new drug connect. Didn't figure that out :ohhh:

Kinda resentful that the one major black character is a fukkin drug dealer though :stopitslime::scust:

To be fair the main character is a crazy drug addict. The bar for morality isn't very high to begin with on this show.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I usually hate Reddit but these dudes on the Mr. Robot sub are damn near breaking down every scene and theory.

Someone noticed that the lamp in the therapist's office is different to support the mental institution/prison theory.

Reddit is on some other shyt when it comes to breaking down this show. A podcast I would recommend for those obsessed with the show like me is 2 bit encryption by bald move. I like the got show they have too.

Reddit gets a lot of credit for things they had no part of though. I'm not saying they've never figured anything out but a lot of shyt gets posted on there from other lesser known sources and since Reddit is popular they get the credit. I seen a few of my "Breaking Bad" posts pop up on there damn near verbatim, years ago.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Something else I thought of after reading this:
Why would Elliot's mother be living in Brooklyn all of a sudden? Wasn't Elliot from New Jersey?
:ohhh:
It all makes sense now. She's not really there. :mindblown:

On the one hand, this theory is so crazy its brilliant. And everything fits.

On the other hand, its basically kind of a reverse version of a plot that was already on an episode of "The Magicians" this year,
where the main character was trapped in an illusion of a mental institution with "dream world" versions of the rest of the show's cast.

I feel you but this isn't a new idea though. It's been around forever. Hell, there was even an old "G.I.JOE" episode kinda similar to what they're (possibly) doing on "Mr. Robot".

It's kinda like when people said "Game Of Thrones" took a scene from "Gotham", when both borrowed from "Titus Andronicus" by Shakespeare.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It may be too predictable for a show like this, but my gut feelin is that Angela finna take down Evil Corp from the inside giving fsociety an even bigger win, and she and Elliot are gonna hook up at some point this season. She's part of his reintroduction to humanity. Course that gonna end up hurting the nikka even more in the long run.

I think that bytch is gone breh. I think they're setting up Angela vs Elliot, which would be dope.

Fred.

Daps
To be fair the main character is a crazy drug addict. The bar for morality isn't very high to begin with on this show.

Fred.

It's not about the morality. It's about what hat each character is wearing career wise.

I watch these hacker shows and never see a black dev. I tell ppl what I do for a living nobody believes me, and every work place I've been at I was the only black with majority asian , white programmers.

Shyt gets to me.

So I really hope Leon can code.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's not about the morality. It's about what hat each character is wearing career wise.

I watch these hacker shows and never see a black dev. I tell ppl what I do for a living nobody believes me, and every work place I've been at I was the only black with majority asian , white programmers.

Shyt gets to me.

So I really hope Leon can code.

:dwillhuh:

Did you forget Romero from season 1? He had the most experience with computers/hacking out of any character on the show.

600x337_mr_robot_-_usa_network_-_002057.jpg

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I feel you but this isn't a new idea though. It's been around forever. Hell, there was even an old "G.I.JOE" episode kinda similar to what they're (possibly) doing on "Mr. Robot".

It's kinda like when people said "Game Of Thrones" took a scene from "Gotham", when both borrowed from "Titus Andronicus" by Shakespeare.

Fred.

There was more top my post, that I cut out because I thought it sounded like was complaining too much...

What I originally was going to say was that when that plot line showed up on "The Magicians" this year, I saying that that was a cliché that you see on EVERY supernatural or Sci-Fi show eventually:
In addition to The Magicians, this season alone both "Supergirl" and "The Flash" had episodes with the main characters trapped in dream worlds with versions of the main characters. It's a cliché that goes back at least as far as the 1939 "Wizard of Oz".

But I cut that part of my post out, because what Mr. Robot is doing is kind of unique. They're putting an original spin on it by having the "dream" world not as a dream or virtual simulation, but as a version of what is happening in reality to real people.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There was more top my post, that I cut out because I thought it sounded like was complaining too much...

What I originally was going to say was that when that plot line showed up on "The Magicians" this year, I saying that that was a cliché that you see on EVERY supernatural or Sci-Fi show eventually:
In addition to The Magicians, this season alone both "Supergirl" and "The Flash" had episodes with the main characters trapped in dream worlds with versions of the main characters. It's a cliché that goes back at least as far as the 1939 "Wizard of Oz".

But I cut that part of my post out, because what Mr. Robot is doing is kind of unique. They're putting an original spin on it by having the "dream" world not as a dream or virtual simulation, but as a version of what is happening in reality to real people.

Nah man, fukk it. This is The Film Room, we build here. Don't feel like you're complaining too much, especially when you aren't.

Fred.