THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
OegumJZ.gif

In for wild speculation and weekly theories.

My favourite part of the show. :blessed:

With 'Breaking Bad' and 'Better Call Saul', I love reading subtext through pop culture, self reference and colour schemes. It's like Gilligan has written two scripts that run alongside each other.

Mr. Robot is even more :ohhh:because Elliot is such an unreliable narrator, so the viewer has to piece the story together - knowing that Elliot could have casually forgotten to tell us that Darlene is his sister or Mr. Robot is the ghost of his father/ other personality.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Leon wears a Bandana the day after Elliot rocks his bandage.

It's his tell. That's how you can nail in the coffin he is not real. Also, you wouldn't be able to get away with that in Prison, MAYBE in a Mental institution. But certainly not in a Prison.

:ohhh: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He's wearing a bandana before too, breh

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%206.56.26%20AM-thumb-600x349-160091.jpg

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
This show is too much. Every progressive scene with Elliot led to me being overwhelmed at the end. I can't tell what's real with him anymore :why:. Now I come in here and people are saying he's institutionalized :mindblown:. I was fine believing he was catching b-ball games in the hood at 2pm. Wait, wait, wait:whoa:....I just now realized something.

Hot Carla:merchant:

17g0gc.gif

Why is there a pyromaniac at the b-ball court?:jbhmm:

Elliot is now warping the entire environment around him. WTF is going on?:damn:

Angela doing scenes for blacked.com(NSFW):shaq:

Elliot''s notepad has 'Red Wheelbarrow' written on the front of it too. She's burning a copy of 'Waiting For Godot' too. The plot of 'Waiting For Godot' has some :ohhh:parallels to Mr. Robot. Particularly Elliot's current predicament. WFG has also been called "the play about nothing" and Leon is obsessed with 'The Show About Nothing". :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

He calls her his personal totem - there has to be something more to her.

EDIT: Possible reach - Waiting For Godot - is about people waiting for a person who never shows.

Watched this interview with Joey and it turns out Leon is Elliot's new drug connect. Didn't figure that out :ohhh:

Kinda resentful that the one major black character is a fukkin drug dealer though :stopitslime::scust:

With the prison/ mental institution theory - Leon could possibly be another inmate who doesn't take his meds and gives them to Elliot instead. :ehh:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Also - I couldn't put my finger on it at the time, but the scene with Gideon getting shot reminded me of something. Just the way he was extra twitchy in the bar, constantly looking around... It only just came to me.

But I might be tripping
mMUD1FN.jpg

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know a show's GOAT:mj: when I do a 2nd Coliview:lawd: Can't take anything from Mr. Robot at Face Value:dame: Angry Krista's quick cameo:usure: Disconnected from Internet sanctuary:patrice: Repetitious days of journal login:lupe: Eating the same meal:feedme: with a new imaginary-I-mean-friend:duck: Aloof Hacker finds solace at a Bball court:childplease: Craig R. enter the picture:flabbynsick:, and the bench clears:camby: Big watchdog camera tracking shot:jbhmm: Elliot gotta be in a prison yard:ohhh: Or, the psych ward:ohmy: compounded his fragile mind more:mindblown: 666 CEO:laff: told his frumpy Bosses:old: 'Wipe Your Mouth', tho:pacspit: We don't believe you You need more people:huhldup:, is all I heard thru Angela's affirmation video:heh: She had Black Fish Spitta:stylin:in her new fly-ass crib too:banderas:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I can't remember who suggested the 2-bit encryption podcast. @ me and I'll rep you.

If you don't want to have your mind shattered don't listen to it.

They're talking about a Seinfeld related theory that Joey's character is in Elliot's head and actually named after :leon:- who had also never seen Seinfled.

Making him the :leon:to Elliot's :ld:.

"Hello, friend...
mMUD1FN.jpg
"

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
I went here to just say I enjoyed the episodes but all these theories man:whoo: I'ma have to rewatch tomorrow als I've been on nightshift all week and not on my best focus when I first saw them. I'm here for this show since season one but I won't be dropping any theories, I'm not about that analysing episodes life:skip: I do enjoy reading them though, so y'all keep discussing in here:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Like the prison theory a lot but all these easter eggs are :russell:

Plot, writing, interesting characters, acting, directing, cinematography, score. More of those please.

Overall I enjoyed the first two parts. Didn't love them, but enjoyed them.

Looking forward to the Elliot reveal and the Tyrell plot. Thats about it.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

The book the pyro chick is burning is waiting for godot which is tangentally related to the first seinfeld episode mentioned, as it has a similar(ish) plot and similar themes. I HIGHLY doubt that was a coincidence, but I don't know what the plot significance is.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is this season's Fight Club

Ray even called Elliot "Chief".

Best part about this... It's a smoke screen. You were supposed to notice it! Fight Club hid the real shocker last season: Darlene is Elliot's sister.

What is it hiding? Here's my theory:

There's someone else in our story who's got a routine that might feel a lot like a prison that she's trapped in... Angela. I imagine working a 9 to 5 for the company that "killed" her Mom might feel a whole lot like a prison sentence.

Need more proof?

Some dude who Elliot's never met before just sits down and starts a conversation with him. Later we find that Elliot does not recall spending the night with Ray. His journal shows a time gap.

Who did we, the viewers spend that time with? Angela. Some dude she never met before sits down and starts a conversation with her and she spends the night with him. Then we see her reciting affirmations. She might as well have been reciting "I am in control. I am in control."

Oh yeah, and she's got Qwerty. Our Totem.

If you are willing to make the leap that Elliot is in Jail/Mental Hospital then, whether you think so or not, you're willing to make the leap that this is actually Angela's Story.

I've written about this before and nothing about the newest episode seems to dispute it.

One more thing... From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweiler is a book about a brother/sister team who set out on an adventure to solve a mystery. Angela says at the dinner party in season one that she always wanted to be the main character, Claudia Kincaid. Then her and Elliot talk about how they end up at the Queens Museum trying to have their own adventure. If this is Angela's story and she's as sick as it suggests, I propose that Darlene is the Claudia Kincaid alter and Elliot is Claudia's brother. Darlene and Elliot are the ones who got lost. Both of them being alters of Angela.

:ohhh: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yup. Waiting For Godot is considered absurdist fiction. This description and definition is basically Sam Esmail's whole style and ideology behind Mr Robot IMO. Not sure what the significance of her burning the book would symbolize. If anything.

Open main menu
Absurdist fiction
Absurdist fiction is a genre of fictionalnarrative (traditionally, literary fiction), most often in the form of a novel, play, poem, or film, that focuses on the experiences of characters in situations where they cannot find any inherent purpose in life, most often represented by ultimately meaningless actions and events that call into question the certainty of existential concepts such as truth or value.[1]Common elements in absurdist fiction include satire, dark humour, incongruity, the abasement of reason, and controversy regarding the philosophical condition of being "nothing."[2]Works of absurdist fiction often explore agnostic or nihilistic topics.

While a great deal of absurdist fiction may be humorous or irrational in nature, the hallmark of the genre is neither comedy nor nonsense, but rather, the study of human behavior under circumstances (whether realistic or fantastical) that appear to be purposeless and philosophically absurd. Absurdist fiction posits little judgment about characters or their actions; that task is left to the reader. Also, the "moral" of the story is generally not explicit, and the themes or characters' realizations — if any — are often ambiguous in nature. Additionally, unlike many other forms of fiction, absurdist works will not necessarily have a traditional plot structure (i.e., rising action, climax, falling action, etc.).

The absurdist genre grew out of the modernist literature of the late 19th and early 20th century in direct opposition to the Victorian literaturewhich was prominent just prior to this period. It was largely influenced by the existentialist and nihilist movements in philosophy, and the Dadaand surrealist movements in art.

Psychologists at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and the University of British Columbia published a report in 2009 showing that reading absurdist tales improved test subjects' ability to find patterns. Their findings summarized that when people have to work to find consistency and meaning in a fragmented story, it increases “the cognitive mechanisms responsible for implicitly learning statistical regularities.”[3]

Examples of notable absurdist fiction writers include:

Individual absurdist works include:

Examples of notable absurdist filmmakers include:

See also

References

External links

Read in another language
Last edited 12 days ago by Alkuusik
:yeshrug: