Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%207.00.28%20AM-thumb-600x355-160093.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%207.05.52%20AM-thumb-600x341-160097.jpg

Bars everywhere :banderas:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot the season ended with someone knocking on Elliot's door.

I would think it's unrelated to 5/9 though, remember Gideon said he was gonna tell the FBI what he knew.

What if it was the psychiatrist's ex that told the FBI about the hacking shyt he did, or maybe connected to the prison break:lupe:

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:ohhh:

The book the pyro chick is burning is waiting for godot which is tangentally related to the first seinfeld episode mentioned, as it has a similar(ish) plot and similar themes. I HIGHLY doubt that was a coincidence, but I don't know what the plot significance is.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is this season's Fight Club

Ray even called Elliot "Chief".

Best part about this... It's a smoke screen. You were supposed to notice it! Fight Club hid the real shocker last season: Darlene is Elliot's sister.

What is it hiding? Here's my theory:

There's someone else in our story who's got a routine that might feel a lot like a prison that she's trapped in... Angela. I imagine working a 9 to 5 for the company that "killed" her Mom might feel a whole lot like a prison sentence.

Need more proof?

Some dude who Elliot's never met before just sits down and starts a conversation with him. Later we find that Elliot does not recall spending the night with Ray. His journal shows a time gap.

Who did we, the viewers spend that time with? Angela. Some dude she never met before sits down and starts a conversation with her and she spends the night with him. Then we see her reciting affirmations. She might as well have been reciting "I am in control. I am in control."

Oh yeah, and she's got Qwerty. Our Totem.

If you are willing to make the leap that Elliot is in Jail/Mental Hospital then, whether you think so or not, you're willing to make the leap that this is actually Angela's Story.

I've written about this before and nothing about the newest episode seems to dispute it.

One more thing... From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweiler is a book about a brother/sister team who set out on an adventure to solve a mystery. Angela says at the dinner party in season one that she always wanted to be the main character, Claudia Kincaid. Then her and Elliot talk about how they end up at the Queens Museum trying to have their own adventure. If this is Angela's story and she's as sick as it suggests, I propose that Darlene is the Claudia Kincaid alter and Elliot is Claudia's brother. Darlene and Elliot are the ones who got lost. Both of them being alters of Angela.

:ohhh: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
muthafukka with these theories...:wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

In the recent S2 EP2, Leon is seen struggling with a basketball player and agruinh for whatever reason, then disappears right after that scene. The real reason he suddenly stopped appearing is that effect of the argument with the other 'prison-mate'. He was punished for his actions and sent to solitary confinement in the prison.

On top of this, the new character that appears when Leon leaves, holding a dog, is most likely a prison guard. Hence the various prisoners moving away from him as he sits down. I hope this theory is correct, and they way they're showing things, it would be constructed beautifully.

Might as well add, Tyrell at the end of the episode is seen on the phone with Elliot, on a prison type phone.

EDIT: To pile all of the things from EP1 and EP2 to confirm this theory: •Leroy is Elliot's Fellow Inmate that gets sent to (Solitary?) •The man's dog could be a search dog, or even a therapy dog. •The street Elliot walks down seems confined, almost claustrophobic. •Elliot's therapist is very urgent, worried about Elliot's prison mental health? Could also be a ploy to comfort himself.. •The men in suits like in the diner is yet to have a clear explanation, guards watching over them maybe? •Elliot's Mom is acting as a guard would: Telling him when to wake up, do work, NEVER gives cares about Elliot. •Gideon visits Elliot in his 'house' sitting across from each other, very prison-like setting. •Tyrell's phone call on a odd phone, prison phone?

Seinfeld reruns play all the time, and if you're in prison you have nothing to do but watch TV. If he never had cable (or a TV) someone Leon's age may never have seen Seinfeld before.

Seinfeld also ended with all the characters in prison.

Phil Collins - Take Me Home

...Collins has stated that the song lyrics refer to a patient in a mental institution,[4][5] and that it is very much based on the novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. [3] "Take Me Home" is thus a protest song, with the subject of its protest being the British practice of confining "misfits" to "asylums."

:ohhh:WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Something else I thought of after reading this:
Why would Elliot's mother be living in Brooklyn all of a sudden? Wasn't Elliot from New Jersey?
It all makes sense now. She's not really there. :mindblown:

On the one hand, this theory is so crazy its brilliant. And everything fits.

On the other hand, its basically kind of a reverse version of a plot that was already on an episode of "The Magicians" this year,
where the main character was trapped in an illusion of a mental institution with "dream world" versions of the rest of the show's cast.