THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
We so byke.

No real thoughts, but:

1. Beta* Amanda Seyfried :shaq: :ohhh::patrice::jbhmm::ehh::wtf:

2. Elliot mind-fukking his own mind into kinda backing down :salute:

*At this point, the real Amanda Seyfried has aged so rapidly she's not even that bad anymore, so I agree with an earlier breh, Portia Doubleday is now Alpha Amanda Seyfried.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. You and a friend meet up at the same time every day, twice a day to eat and only one person talks. You and a friend go watch basketball everyday at the same time and only one person talks. How would they even meet?

I think he's either in a group home for the mentally ill or in jail. It explains a lot of their routine, why Darlene doesn't want to talk about Elliot and why Angela has his stuff (his fish) all of a sudden. But it doesn't really explain why Elliot got to see Krista, jails and group homes usually have dedicated staff (social workers, psychiatrists, etc) working there.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah. You and a friend meet up at the same time every day, twice a day to eat and only one person talks. You and a friend go watch basketball everyday at the same time and only one person talks. How would they even meet?

The only thing I would counter with is, so far we haven't really gotten anything to tell us that Elliot is that into TV/pop culture aside from having a fav movie with Angela, so if he was having these conversations with himself, I doubt they'd be deep dives into Seinfeld, so I think Leon is a real person.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe Elliot's mind created the Joey Badass persona as some sort of protector.

I think he's either in a group home for the mentally ill or in jail. It explains a lot of their routine, why Darlene doesn't want to talk about Elliot and why Angela has his stuff (his fish) all of a sudden. But it doesn't really explain why Elliot got to see Krista, jails and group homes usually have dedicated staff (social workers, psychiatrists, etc) working there.

Interesting theory:ehh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
the theory circling around right now is that elliot is in prison or mental institution.

That actually kind of makes sense. The rigid routine. The constant meals with the same person. Craig Robinson could be a guard/ counsellor with a therapy animal - which might explain why everyone bounced when he showed up. The lack of contact with everyone else. Gideon could have stopped by during visiting hours[

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That actually kind of makes sense. The rigid routine. The constant meals with the same person. Craig Robinson could be a guard/ counsellor with a therapy animal - which might explain why everyone bounced when he showed up. The lack of contact with everyone else. Gideon could have stopped by during visiting hours

And maybe Joey is another patient/inmate

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
the theory circling around right now is that elliot is in prison or mental institution.

Definitely. I figured he's in a mental institution as his living quarters seem a bit too nice for prison. Darlene was the one who probably put him in which is why she seems even more miserable. Craig Robinson is probably a nurse in the institution. I don't know what's up with the dog though, maybe it's a therapy dog :heh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Maybe Joey is another patient/inmate

I feel like it's much more likely that he is, than just some random friend he made on the street, now that there's a possibility that Elliot is locked up. I guess he watches Seinfeld during TV time - If you get limited TV privileges around the same time everyday, you'd probably end up constantly watching the same show.

Joey being a patient also kind of explains his change in temprament when the ball rolled over to him. That could be the issue he's in for.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Angela's heel turn isn't all that unexpected though when you think about it. Yes, she should hate Evil Corp for killing her mother and crushing her father with debt, but the reality is, she would've had no job with Allsafe crashing down + that case against her, and she never really felt valued there in the first place.

Remember, the very first scene she appeared in season 1 had Gideon blowing her off to address the hack that was going on. Don't forget how Colby pretty much gave her the :camby: in the meeting after it was resolved too. Its probably why shes listening to those self help tapes in the first place.

I get that, but imo that's not enough for a 180ª turn like that. Specially because she just kinda decided to take ECorp's offer from one episode to the other and now we are seeing her trying her best to be a ruthless employee to keep a job she now loves. I mean, shyt could get more complicated if she's trying to "work from the inside" but it's not like she's doing a job regarding tech.

If we are gonna spend a lot of time on her story and her transformation into Ms. Rabbit I would want a little more exposition or at least better clues.

I'm intrigued by Beta Amanda becoming 2.0 but her parts have been the weaker ones since the last third of Season 1 because she's just kinda there doing shyt without much rime or reason.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
That actually kind of makes sense. The rigid routine. The constant meals with the same person. Craig Robinson could be a guard/ counsellor with a therapy animal - which might explain why everyone bounced when he showed up. The lack of contact with everyone else. Gideon could have stopped by during visiting hours
:mindblown:

This theory puts a whole new spin on that scene

This show brehs :banderas: