THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
I'm surprised no one is talking about Darlene.

This is what we know.

• A year ago Elliot was doing fine before Darlene returned to the city.

• When she turned up at his apartment with the mask and got Elliot to put on the jacket Mr Robot emerged.

• The hack and stuff happened, Elliot went to prison, got some time to himself, started to make peace with his multiple personalities and was doing ok.

• Elliot gets out of prison, Darlene is waiting for him at the gate. Immediately whispers something in his ear.

• Elliot is fukked again, losing time, "overheating", etc
If it wasn't Darlene's whisper that broke him what was it?

I used the word fine because that was how Angela described when Elliot was missing and she was arguing with Darlene in season 1 episode 9.

Angela "Why do you even care?"

Darlene "What is that supposed to mean?"

Angela "It means you guys were never that close. In fact he's been doing just fine until you moved back to the city. Why are you even here? Why have you and Elliot been spending so much time together?

Darlene "Okay. You need to back off, babe. He is my brother and I'm just trying to help. That requires no explanation."

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps

Angela knew Elliot enough but not well enough to know he was messed. The dude was on morphine and has a bunch of mental disorders. He was anything but fine but rather a drugged up hacker who made it through the day if he had his dosage.

Darlene is not telling us the full story, that I agree with but she wasn't the one who messed Elliot up.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Angela knew Elliot enough but not well enough to know he was messed. The dude was on morphine and has a bunch of mental disorders. He was anything but fine but rather a drugged up hacker who made it through the day if he had his dosage.

Darlene is not telling us the full story, that I agree with but she wasn't the one who messed Elliot up.
Hmmm so what did she whisper in his ear? :ohhh:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Angela knew Elliot since they were kids. She knows everything that's up with him, including that he see some his dead father.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Another thing that I've been thinking about is how the show plays on religion.

Elliot is Jesus = son
MR ROBOT is god = father
We are the **** spirit

Elliot's fukk you god speech makes sense when he's trying to delete MR ROBOT out of his life.

And how in both season one and two mr robot is depicted in shots as god.

Season one episode 8 @ 43:00 shows Elliott on his computer with his dad in front of Christ (this is the first picture sees of mr ROBOT realizing it's his father)

Season 2 (I believe episode 4) the lady at the religious group thanked Elliott for coming back and she explains how she heard him talking to god (MR ROBOT).

After she leaves you see a shot of mr robot once again standing in front of a cross.

tyrell goes to Joanna and says "we've only been looking at what's in front of us and not seeing what's above us"

She chuckles and asks what and he says god.

He got that from Elliott :mjpls:

Also: "I'm your prophet you're my god" - MR ROBOT

Who is Judas tho?

Angela or Angel Maybe the devil does where pradas like when she told the show guy to get her pradas to try on in season 1 :ohhh: (but she's working for white rose so idk).

Also:
  • Before Mr. Robot pushes Elliot off the pier he says that he was pushed out the window as a kid because "you didn't commit to the sacred pact you'd formed." I think this symbolizes the biblical concept of the fall. Like Adam broke the sacred pact with God in the garden of Eden, Elliot betrayed his fathers trust, and as result proceeded to fall, literally. This also reinforces the idea that Mr. Robot is the Father in Elliot's respective Trinity.

• The fact that Elliot erases the debt and his reason is to save the world. This reinforces the fact that he is the Christ in his respective Trinity. Also the fact that Elliot has access to everyone's personal information and knows about who they really are deep down inside resembles the omniscience of God.

:noah: I'm trying to crack The da Vinci code brehs

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
She found out recently in season 3, before that she just thought he was awkward.

She alludes to knowing about his "friend" when they were kids at the museum.
She mentions this in the subway scene before they kissed.

Nah, she's known a lot longer than that.

She was there at the cemetery when the "reveal" happened in S1 and Elliot had to admit that Mr. Robot wasn't real and was in the image of his father.

She's also the one who got him the AllSafe job after he got fired and put on mandatory therapy with the Latina MILF after he freaked out and lost his old job and had his most recent psychotic break.

She's known about his problems in decent detail since before the show "started". Like I said, she's basically his only friend and has been since they were little kids.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Nah, she's known a lot longer than that.

She was there at the cemetery when the "reveal" happened in S1 and Elliot had to admit that Mr. Robot wasn't real and was in the image of his father.

She's also the one who got him the AllSafe job after he got fired and put on mandatory therapy with the Latina MILF after he freaked out and lost his old job and had his most recent psychotic break.

She's known about his problems in decent detail since before the show "started". Like I said, she's basically his only friend and has been since they were little kids.
So she's going to be judas? :mjpls:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
So she's going to be judas? :mjpls:

That depends. Who's on the side of "right"?

I think the only person who is on one side is Elliot, and everybody else is down with the Mr. Robot/Dark Army, and just because they're called "Dark" doesn't mean they're the bad guys.

If they go through with the bombing the D.A. gets what they want, but if Elliot convinces them not to, Price gets what he wants.

So what exactly is Angela the "Judas" of when Elliot isn't Jesus?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh so I'm four episodes into this shyt and while this is a good show. This season has been whack to me so far. The inner monologue scenes are fukking getting tedious, this what is the meaning of life shyt that take up like 45 minutes of episode time is annoying as fukk. shyt was moving delicious early last season I think it's him discovering it's all in his head is killing the vibe for me. Hopefully it improves.