Superstar
Daps
mMUD1FN.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
But yea I agree LOST has conditioned viewers minds that when u dangle out questions over a period of time its because u have no idea where your heading.

"No Idea where you're heading" wasn't invented by LOST. That's the normal way most traditional TV shows operate. It's just that shows like "X-Files" and "LOST" were really good at giving the false ILLUSION that they knew where they were going.

yeah that's what i thought, but didn't remember the specifics of the meeting last week. it's very interesting to me. i swear the real war is ecorp vs. white rose which will become us vs china in donald trumps terms.

i dont think white rose wants a global transparent currency though, but as i suspect ecorp doesn't really care as long as they would basically run the system. i'm guessing the end game is still bitcoin for white rose, which they did mention a couple weeks ago in passing and dismissively. whether the end game is allowing white rose to move massive amounts of coin around semi-anonymously or if it's just to eliminate price/ecorp for some other reason idk.

it's now obvious that angela is dark army though. i called the final conflict will be elliot vs. angela a few episoeds ago, but i thought angela would be team e-corp. i think elliot is gonna end up back on team e-corp. elliot has morals. angela does not. it's amazing that e-corp would be associated with morals, but compared to the dark army in comparison? that final show down would mind fukk me enough. but i expect sam esmail to mindfukk me in some other way.

that being said do you have the time? :wow:

I pretty much agree with this. White Rose was behind the Washington Township project from back even before Price was the CEO, so he's more to blame for everything that happened to Elliot, Darlene, and Angela that Price is. And, White Rose is also trying to blow up what's left of E-Corp, so when Price finds out about that he'll be driven to join up with Elliot because of the "Enemy of My Enemy" effect. So I think the conflict will be Price+Elliot vs White Rose+Angela

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"No Idea where you're heading" wasn't invented by LOST. That's the normal way most traditional TV shows operate. It's just that shows like "X-Files" and "LOST" were really good at giving the false ILLUSION that they knew where they were going.

Eh....yes and no.

Definite "traditional TV"....every major prestige drama has had plot points and character arcs they wanted to hit and wrote towards that.

"Breaking Bad", "The Wire", The Sopranos", etc. are all so seamless people assume they had it all planned out.

There's a difference between "no idea where we're headed" and "we don't care where we're headed".

The problem is "Lost" didn't write towards anything. It was just a series of questions and weird shyt. That's not the same as "we're writing this as we go because we don't have 5 seasons already mapped out".

"Mr. Robot" is getting "Lost" comparisons because fans have a bunch of unanswered questions. But not having an answer in season 2 =/= "Lost".

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Eh....yes and no.

Definite "traditional TV"....every major prestige drama has had plot points and character arcs they wanted to hit and wrote towards that.

"Breaking Bad", "The Wire", The Sopranos", etc. are all so seamless people assume they had it all planned out.

There's a difference between "no idea where we're headed" and "we don't care where we're headed".

The problem is "Lost" didn't write towards anything. It was just a series of questions and weird shyt. That's not the same as "we're writing this as we go because we don't have 5 seasons already mapped out".

"Mr. Robot" is getting "Lost" comparisons because fans have a bunch of unanswered questions. But not having an answer in season 2 =/= "Lost".

Fred.

I think LOST wrote "towards" something just as much as a show like "Star Trek TNG". It's just that the expectations that LOST would have an entirely planned out story were much higher than for earlier shows.
(I actually believe the theory that LOST starting in season 2 had a totally planned out plot involving a Dharma Initiative conspiracy, but for whatever reason they abandoned the plot and just started flailing around aimlessly at the start of season 3)

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Is it too early to throw out suggestions for the Season 3 thread title?:lupe:

My suggestion - 'OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT SEASON 3 THREAD: ALL YOUR PAPER BACK-UPS ARE BELONG TO US'

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realize the FBI knows about Elliot's relationship with Shayla... do they know about Vera as well?

The FBI knowing about Shayla tells me Gideon managed to snitch on Elliott before dying. He was the only one that both suspected Elliott was involved and knew he had a relationship with Shayla.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The FBI knowing about Shayla tells me Gideon managed to snitch on Elliott before dying. He was the only one that both suspected Elliott was involved and knew he had a relationship with Shayla.
Gideon did tell Elliot in in the beginning of the season "Please help me Elliot or I'll tell them what you did". I wondered what Gideon was talking bout but he quickly got lost in the fukkery shuffle