THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Is it too early to throw out suggestions for the Season 3 thread title?:lupe:

My suggestion - 'OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT SEASON 3 THREAD: ALL YOUR PAPER BACK-UPS ARE BELONG TO US'
I suggest "Official Mr. Robot Season 3: Please Tell Me Yall nikkas Are Seeing This fukkery Too!" Thread

Or

"Mr. Robot Season 3: Dark Army Knows What Time It Is" Thread

Or

"Mr. Robot Season 3: Evil Corp's E-Coins, Daps & Reps" Mercenary Edition Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sam Esmail explans why "Breaking Bad" is the GOAT.
walt_zpsc3bhnkor.png

'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail: What Makes a Great TV Show

Fred.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
The corner where Elliot finds the cab in S02E11 is at 25th and 8th. The Wellick's address, telegraphed (twice!) on the divorce paper Joanna gives to Derek in S2E07 and again on the FBI board in S2E12, is 298 West 25th St.

Tyrell appears in the cab, snappily dressed. America's Most Wanted seems to be "hiding" very close to home.

The duration of the cab journey is strange, too. When Elliot is "following" Mr Robot through the swap meet in the park, there's a focus pull to a sign that clearly says the swap meet finishes at 9pm, before pulling back to focus on Elliot's face. (In the intercut scene of Angela Stepford Wife-ing it up on the lawyer's doorstep, the TV says it's 8.20, although in this show, that's no guarantee that it's the same day, planet or universe). Anyway, Elliot and Tyrell zip downtown to Chambers and Church – at most a 15-minute drive – yet you can see the sun coming up through the windshield in the driver's final shot. There's a definite dawn glow happening for Tyrell's Casablanca line. When we see them arriving at the Confictura building in S02E12, it's properly daylight. The clean suit guy is eating something from Red Wheelbarrow BBQ which, according to the back of the menu we see Mr Robot holding, is only open on Friday and Saturday from 11.30am to 12am. So what time is it?

While the narrative is presented as being a single continuous event – Elliot learns the address, gets into the cab, he and Tyrell arrive at the building – the evidence suggests that they are separate events. We think we've seen the beginning, middle and end of a cab ride and that the shooting happened after that. What if it happened as a completely separate event during the missing 3 days?

:mindblown:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They told us in season 1 why Price would be interested in the Congo, I completely forgot I posted this in the season 1 thread:

Another little bit of info....

When White Rose and Price are talking they mention problems with "coltan mining" and "the Congo".

Coltan is a type of ore which tantalum is extracted from. The main use of tantalum?

Specialized circuit boards. :lupe:

Tantalum capacitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fred.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex

Can this reach Breaking Bad levels :patrice:

Usually the 3rd season of shows is when it either elevates or drops. Can't lie this show has stayed with me. :jbhmm:

I said this in season 1, and I stand by it:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/15013898/

This show is the closest thing to "Breaking Bad" currently airing. The level of detail is insane. I don't even mean just Easter eggs, the Congo speech in episode 10 this season was telegraphed a year ago. That's why I'm :dwillhuh: when people complain about not getting answers. Sam Esmail is playing a very long game here.

Not coincidentally, the two best shows currently airing ("GOT" and "Mr. Robot") both have creators that think "Breaking Bad" is the GOAT. I tried to tell people years ago it would be the standard future prestige dramas were held up to, and people thought I was nuts.

Fred.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Re: Gideon snitching on Elliot:
Well that's why his ass got shot DA don't play that :demonic:

You may have just answered an "unanswered question" I was thinking of bringing up.

They told us in season 1 why Price would be interested in the Congo, I completely forgot I posted this in the season 1 thread:

Fred.

It probably doesn't have anything to do with anything, but according to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the Terminator endoskeletons were primarily made out of coltan.
Coltan

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Great show... probably the best on TV right now.

My only gripe is I'm getting tired of seeing Eliot's face and that same stupid look with his bugged out eyes like someone just asked him a really hard physics question-

mrrobot11.jpg

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Re: Gideon snitching on Elliot:

You may have just answered an "unanswered question" I was thinking of bringing up.

It probably doesn't have anything to do with anything, but according to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the Terminator endoskeletons were primarily made out of coltan.
Coltan
Hmmmmmm :jbhmm:

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
BREHS!

We still don't know what Darlene whispered to Elliott when he got out of prison. Remember when she hugged him and handed him the sandwich?

What if Darlene controls Elliott the way Joanna controls Tyrell? :ohhh: